Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Brom 1-2 Bolton

+19
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Growler
Boggersbelief
observer
DEANO82
wessy
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
rammywhite
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are now trialing Radio Nuts via Twitch so please use the portal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to access Radio Nuts.

This is because Ustream has now become a paid for service.

Cheers!

32West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:30

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Disappointed not to see Wildchut & Oz out of the team, however this is a tough game so can understand some caution, pretty defensive line up. I think that time will see Hobbs in the back four, and hopefully a more creative starting line up especially at home.

Today i think it depends on Lowe and Murphy having good games and protecting a dodgy back line up.

33West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Disappointed not to see Wildchut & Oz out of the team, however this is a tough game so can understand some caution, pretty defensive line up. I think that time will see Hobbs in the back four, and hopefully a more creative starting line up especially at home.

Today i think it depends on Lowe and Murphy having good games and protecting a dodgy back line up.
Wildschut can be a game winner on his day, so I'm really disappointed we aren't going with him and Ameobi out wide.

34West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Bit disappointed in this line up, back to plan A it is with a big lone striker and route one  Rolling Eyes

ALF should be starting and why is brickfeet in instead of Wildschut? Where is Oztumer as well?

I think Oztumer has been injured and hasn't played in the recent friendly's.

I guess Parkinson simply prefers Buckley because apparently Noone played really well in the friendly's but only makes the bench.

I assume TROY is correct that Wildschut is not fully game fit yet and would imagine he will get a run out later in the game.

35West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Live on the portal (along with the chat function)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

36West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:We are now trialing Radio Nuts via Twitch so please use the portal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to access Radio Nuts.

Cheers!
Thanks KP.

I'm hearing Tower, but is the chat function a) working and b) secure?

And is Chatbox now defunct? If so you should perhaps put directions on Chatbox to redirect those who will inevitably go there.

37West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:42

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:surprised ALF is starting
You'll be shocked when you realise he isn't.

38West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

use the portal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:We are now trialing Radio Nuts via Twitch so please use the portal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to access Radio Nuts.

Cheers!
Thanks KP.

I'm hearing Tower, but is the chat function a) working and b) secure?

And is Chatbox now defunct? If so you should perhaps put directions on Chatbox to redirect those who will inevitably go there.
The chatbox is still available. We are just using Twitch to stream Radio Nuts!

We have some snap, crackle and pop on the line and I am trying to fix this.

40West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:59

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sluffy wrote:
Biggie wrote:Update, not even got on the bench Hall either!

Parkinson as already stated that Hall is not ready for the Championship and will be loaned out to a lower level club.

FYI
Hall travelled down with the team and was in with a shout of being on the bench. He only found out when Parky did the team sheet that he missed out.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

41West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 15:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Biggie wrote:Update, not even got on the bench Hall either!

Parkinson as already stated that Hall is not ready for the Championship and will be loaned out to a lower level club.

FYI
Hall travelled down with the team and was in with a shout of being on the bench. He only found out when Parky did the team sheet that he missed out.

I'm only repeating with the clubs manager has said about him in the public domain.

We have apparently bid for another striker, paid £200k for Magennis, have Alf and Donaldson - all of whom I assume would be in front of him in the pecking order.

I've nothing against the young kid - I've never even seen him play - but it doesn't appear that his time is now and probably won't be so until he's gone out on loan and scored a few goals and proved himself as a professional in a lower league.

Really hope he does, knocks them in for fun and is back in January and straight into the first team - but for now I can't see him playing for us unless it is a cup match.

Time is on his side though.

42West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 16:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a start! Fantastic lads well done!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

43West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 16:57

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, that's one more point than in eleven games last season.

44West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderes enjoyed a sensational opening day victory against West Brom at The Hawthorns thanks to debut goals from Josh Magennis and Yanic Wildschut.

It was a stunning and deserved three points against the team who dropped out of the Premier League last season.

Magennis put his side in front with a headed goal before the hosts got back into the game on the cusp of half-time thanks to Harvey Barnes.

But a late winner from substitute Wildchut silenced The Hawthorns to get Wanderers Sky Bet Championship campaign up and running.

Team News

Wanderers lined up with four debutants for the opening game of the season with Pawel Olkowski, Jason Lowe, Luke Murphy and Josh Magennis all making the starting XI at a sold out Hawthorns.

Fellow new boys Jack Hobbs, Gary O’Neil and Yanic Wildschut were named among the substitutes.

First Half

Magennis’ first touch in a Wanderers shirt should have resulted in a free-kick just outside the Albion box after he was bundled off the ball but the referee waved play on after the Northern Ireland international picked up on a loose ball and charged towards goal.

Sammy Ameobi received some lengthy treatment after colliding with Kieran Gibbs but eventually got back to his feet as Wanderers prepared to defend a corner.

The set-piece sparked a period of pressure from the hosts with Wanderers struggling to keep possession.

Ben Alnwick made his first save in the 13th minute when he caught Harvey Barnes’ drive after a decent spell of possession from the hosts finally came to a halt.

Wanderers earned their first corner after Andrew Taylor’s long throw evaded everyone except Sam Johnstone who had to tip the ball over.

This sparked a decent spell of pressure which resulted in Magennis nodding home a debut goal to give Wanderers a lead.

Having failed to clear two corners, West Brom looked anything but solid when defending the set-pieces; however, a right-footed cross from Ameobi, after a stunning passage of play from the visitors, was inch perfect for the big Wanderers striker who placed his header past Johnstone.

The Baggies were rattled and Wanderers sniffed blood as they piled forward. Another corner ensued, from Josh Vela, and Mark Beevers’ headed effort went agonisingly wide.

Full back Allan Nyom tried his luck from distance after losing his marker, but his effort skewed wide of Alnwick’s left hand post.

The Baggies were starting to get back into the game, and Matt Phillips’ shot took a deflection for a corner, which resulted in a sustained period of attacking pressure that Wanderers withstood.

Meanwhile, at the other end, another corner from Vela caused some mild panic in the Baggies penalty area when Wheater’s header was just about saved by Johnstone.

Phillips was proving to be a thorn in Wanderers’ side and another shot from the midfielder was deflected for a corner.

As the half drew to a close, Magennis showed great strength to shrug off a challenge from Gibbs and play in Vela’s whose cross just evaded Will Buckley at the far post.

But before the referee blew his whistle for the half, the hosts found themselves back in the contest thanks to a lovely strike from Barnes who curled his effort beyond the reach of Alnwick.

Second Half

Beevers slid in to make an excellent block moments after the restart when Barnes found himself in space and with time to get in a powerful shot on target.

The visitors suffered an early blow in the second half when Ameobi hobbled off with a leg injury. Craig Noone came on to replace the winger.

Barnes was certainly proving to be the Baggies’ main threat and another shot from the on-loan man was deflected into the grateful arms of Alnwick.

The hosts were dialling up the heat and a cross into the Wanderers box was met by the head of Jay Rodriguez whose effort was hooked clear by Lowe.

Moments later and Buckley was penalised for a push but Brunt’s free-kick was eventually cleared by the Wanderers defence.

Noone was getting into the thick of the action and won a free-kick out wide which was floated in with the Baggies only able to clear for a corner.

O’Neil came on for fellow debutant Murphy on the hour mark as Wanderers fought to get a grip on the game.

Alnwick made a splendid save to keep out Hegazi’s header from Brunt’s corner as West Brom tried to capitalise on their momentum.

But Wanderers should have taken the lead for a second time when Noone’s cross was met by the head of Magennis at the far post, but Johnstone somehow managed to block the effort from the Wanderers target man. O’Neil received the ball in the aftermath but his follow-up strike was cleared.

Another set-piece presented Wanderers with a chance of a goal when Noone was clattered just outside the box. He picked himself up to take the free-kick but struck the ball high and wide.

With 12 minutes to go Wanderers made their final change with Wildschut coming on for Buckley.

The game turned on its head with just two minutes to go when Wilschut produce a cheeky finish to give Wanderers the points. Vela’s celver work on the flank earned a corner which he took. Wheater’s towering header went unchallenged and allowed the Dutchman to steer past Johnstone to send the 2,600 travelling Wanderers fans into a state of delirium.

There were some nervy moments in the final three minutes of added time, none more so when Hegazi headed against the bar.

But Wanderers hung on to claim a sensational victory against the reelgated Premier League outfit.

Full Time

45West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So much for being "good on paper" - this is football. 
Just watched Wildschutt's one yard screamer about 10 times over and it is beautiful. He should have started though. Big bonus for me was that we looked pretty solid at the back throughout although we gave away a lot of fouls - but no bookings.

46West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can watch it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

47West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a win. 

Had Bolton, Sunderland and Luton all to win and BTTS.

Luton can fuck off

48West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

49West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:22

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A sensational result that,  it bodes very well that Lowe,  Murphy and/or O'Neil can do a good job in central midfield for us.And a bit of humble pie eaten from me regards Magennis.

50West Brom 1-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:29

Great result, and couldn’t be better goalscorers in terms of building confidence for the future. 

Sounds like Wheater was motm - all very positive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum