Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » How Many points will we get in August?

How Many points will we get in August?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 13:36

Sluffy

Admin
Today - West Brom (away)
Sat 11th - Bristol City (home)
Sat 18th - Reading (away)
Wed 22nd - Birmingham (home)
Sat 25th - Sheffield United (home)

?

2 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 13:41

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
5 points

3 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 13:45

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:5 points

Which games will we get the points from do you think?

4 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 13:51

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:5 points

Which games will we get the points from do you think?

1 Point apiece from Bristol City and Sheffield United, 3 points against Birmingham.

5 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:05

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:32

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hopefully more than last August.
West Brom have made some decent signings so I can't see us getting anything today.
Bristol City have also made some good signings like Mo Eisa, Andreas Weimann and Marley Watkins so will be a more attacking side than last season with quality up front. Meanwhile we're picking up their sloppy seconds (Gary O'Neil) Home match so we may get a point but it will be tough.
Reading showed last night that they have improved and were unlucky to concede a last minute goal to Derby so I expect them to beat us at their ground. They've bought loads of players notably Sam Baldock who is a decent striker.
Birmingham are hard to assess. Robbo has finally retired, they let Lowe come to us but they've brought in Fabbrini. On balance they seem in the same boat as us so it could go either way. A point.
Sheff Utd have spent a load on players notably McGoldrick who we wanted and Ben Woodburn from Liverpool - theoretically they'll be better than us on paper. Depends on how they gel.

I'm thinking two points from 5 games but this is football and we may yet sign a quality striker who could make a difference - and a bit more pace wouldn't go amiss. If we are to do better than that we need a strong performance today because if we put up a good fight it may engender confidence and we can all forget about Guiseley.

Without sufficient investment, our only hope is that Parky can somehow patch this squad together and find a winning formula. Go Parky!

7 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:11

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hopefully more than last August.
West Brom have made some decent signings so I can't see us getting anything today.
Bristol City have also made some good signings like Mo Eisa, Andreas Weimann and Marley Watkins so will be a more attacking side than last season with quality up front. Meanwhile we're picking up their sloppy seconds (Gary O'Neil) Home match so we may get a point but it will be tough.
Reading showed last night that they have improved and were unlucky to concede a last minute goal to Derby so I expect them to beat us at their ground. They've bought loads of players notably Sam Baldock who is a decent striker.
Birmingham are hard to assess. Robbo has finally retired, they let Lowe come to us but they've brought in Fabbrini. On balance they seem in the same boat as us so it could go either way. A point.
Sheff Utd have spent a load on players notably McGoldrick who we wanted and Ben Woodburn from Liverpool - theoretically they'll be better than us on paper. Depends on how they gel.

I'm thinking two points from 5 games but this is football and we may yet sign a quality striker who could make a difference - and a bit more pace wouldn't go amiss. If we are to do better than that we need a strong performance today because if we put up a good fight it may engender confidence and we can all forget about Guiseley.

Without sufficient investment, our only hope is that Parky can somehow patch this squad together and find a winning formula. Go Parky!
He's only gone and done it. Great performance than can only inspire confidence. On paper, they should have stuffed us. On grass however...

8 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 17:41

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9 Re: How Many points will we get in August? on Sat Aug 04 2018, 18:19

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Ten I think. Wonderful result today. I just got in from work and sadly didn't even get to hear the Tower commentary so can someone please tell me how we played?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum