Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan.

OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan. on Sun Aug 12 2018, 15:07

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm that they have signed goalkeeper Remi Matthews from Norwich City on an initial loan deal with the move becoming permanent in January.
The shot-stopper came up through the ranks at Carrow Road before signing professional terms with the Canaries in 2014.
The highly-rated 24-year-old has enjoyed loan spells at Burton Albion, Doncaster Rovers, Hamilton Academical and Plymouth Argyle in recent years.
And speaking of his switch to the University of Bolton Stadium, Matthews said: "I’m delighted to be here. This is a massive club that is going places and the main thing for me is that I wanted to come to a football club with ambition.
"This was definitely the move that I wanted to get done. It’s a different scenery after being at Norwich for so long, but it’s a massive club that should be in the Premier League."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm still waiting for Ken to change the pattern of the seats from Macron to University of Bolton. Not an easy task.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bit of a surprise this one as Matthews appeared to be Norwich's first choice in the preseason before they signed Tim Krul although he played in the warm up games against lower league opposition and Krul had arrived by the time they played Wolfsburg. Definitely has potential though.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He won't start a single league game.

Nigelbwfc


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm that they have signed goalkeeper Remi Matthews from Norwich City on an initial loan deal with the move becoming permanent in January.
The shot-stopper came up through the ranks at Carrow Road before signing professional terms with the Canaries in 2014.
The highly-rated 24-year-old has enjoyed loan spells at Burton Albion, Doncaster Rovers, Hamilton Academical and Plymouth Argyle in recent years.
And speaking of his switch to the University of Bolton Stadium, Matthews said: "I’m delighted to be here. This is a massive club that is going places and the main thing for me is that I wanted to come to a football club with ambition.
"This was definitely the move that I wanted to get done. It’s a different scenery after being at Norwich for so long, but it’s a massive club that should be in the Premier League."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This seems to have been done Saturday as in Ken's interview he says the priority is a left back. Indicating he'd already sorted the goalie out.

Just a thought.

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm still waiting for Ken to change the pattern of the seats from Macron to University of Bolton. Not an easy task.

Very Happy

Tungsten3


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
A left back with a bit of pace then we have a decent team that can progress a little this season.
ie not involved in the relegation scrap on the last day.

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A left back with a bit of pace then we have a decent team that can progress a little this season.
ie not involved in the relegation scrap on the last day.
Amen!

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This seems to have been done Saturday as in Ken's interview he says the priority is a left back. Indicating he'd already sorted the goalie out.

Just a thought.

Lee Anderson 'signals' when we've signed somebody by putting up a series of those emoticon thingies, one of which is a picture of a pen writing on a piece of paper. He explained that this particular picture indicates that a player has indeed signed but for various reasons the 'official' announcement of the signing may take a day or two to be announced.

So as LA tweeted his 'picture' before the match yesterday, being around the same time that KA did his interview, you are probably bob on with your thinking that the Matthew's deal had indeed been done and that KA had moved on to prioritise a left back as his next necessity.

Well done for picking up on the nuance - I completely missed it!

Very Happy

10 Re: OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan. on Mon Aug 13 2018, 01:06

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11 Re: OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan. on Mon Aug 13 2018, 11:53

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Lee is going too far now. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12 Re: OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan. on Mon Aug 13 2018, 11:56

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lee is going too far now. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It says watch the official site at noon today for a club announcement.

Really it does!

13 Re: OFFICIAL - Remi Matthews signs on loan. on Mon Aug 13 2018, 12:58

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lee is going too far now. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Hahaha

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum