Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help With Mental Health Problems

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help With Mental Health Problems Empty Help With Mental Health Problems Sun Aug 19 2018, 16:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've taken this article from MancWanderer over on the Wanderers Ways site.

Please no 'jokey comments' as this is about his daughter.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated and I will post them over on Wways.

MancWanderer, on 17 Aug 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:
My youngest has had problems with depression and has set up a website to try to help others

https://www.mindofourown.co.uk/

As a couple of people on here know it culminated in her trying to take her own life earlier this year as mentioned in the ‘My Story’ section of the site

I, and her, would be extremely grateful for any thoughts from WWayers on the website that she’s set up - concept, layout, any feedback really

As ever, I know that your feedback will be brutally honest and would expect no less. Be critical but please make it constructive

If any of you are suffering, or have suffered, from mental health problems, please do submit a story in order to get her site going, but more importantly to try to help others. But don’t feel pressured to do so if you’d rather not

Thanks all!!!!

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/89058-help-with-mental-health-problems/

2Help With Mental Health Problems Empty Re: Help With Mental Health Problems Mon Aug 20 2018, 01:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's a visually well-designed site however people with serious mental health problems are often unable to see beyond a shrinking world which makes it impossible for them to engage or trust, let alone actively seek support on the internet. If the function is to signpost people to local support then there must be more specific (to them) links which would require a much more complex site and even then engagement levels may equate to those achieved by the services already in place.
Clearly a well-intentioned site but I feel that it needs to have an attractor related to a stronger USP, a clear focus on specific outcomes desired and direct partnering on several levels with the support delivery organisations - linked to an understanding of their capacity and capability to deliver.
It could be presumed that anyone actively searching out a site such as this would be in or approaching crisis/episode and therefore that is perhaps an area to focus on, but ultimately it will come down to what the author's vision of what she wants to achieve from the site and her research into demand, access to and current provision of that outcome.

3Help With Mental Health Problems Empty Re: Help With Mental Health Problems Sat Aug 31 2019, 16:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump!

Never a wrong time to highlight the issue and I do so again.

A recent post from the same author that prompted me to start this thread that is self explanatory -

For those that questioned why I didn’t attend the game last Saturday, this was why. My daughter asked me to go to the Pride parade with her, have a few drinks, a meal, and generally have a catch up on her life and her website project. She doesn’t live with me so I don’t see her that often so face to face time is very valuable

I’ve highlighted one particular part of her social media post from today. That is a nod to WWays. She was stunned by the response from here. I thank all of you that contributed feedback once again for your support.......

As some of you may remember, a year ago I set up a website that allows people to submit and share their personal stories regarding mental health, encouraging people to use their voice and realise that they're not going through this alone.

The response I received was absolutely insane. That insane in fact, that I shut it down after a few months as I couldn't cope with managing the website alongside my own mental health.

But now I'm back :boom: I'm in a better place with my mental health, I'm currently in the process of purchasing my first home, and next week I start my dream job as a Teaching Assistant in a special educational needs school.

So I've decided to relaunch my project. A website where you can anonymously submit your mental health story, in the form of poetry, short stories, song lyrics, or simply anything that expresses you.

www.mindofourown.co.uk

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/90089-mental-healthdepression/

Please take a moment to visit the forum, or read the thread on Wanderers Way, or post something on this thread, or find the strength to talk about any issues you have with anyone who will listen to you then please find the strength within you to do so.

If this only helps one person then it as all have been worthwhile.

Go on, do it now whilst your inspired!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum