Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scrolling Bar

+6
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you like the scrolling bar feature?

Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Vote_lcap91%Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Vote_rcap 91% [ 10 ]
Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:All the mods and Admins on here have their own real life families and careers to deal with and donate whatever free time they can spare that they have left to making Nuts as best as it is.  

And the members don't? You make out being a mod is a time consuming responsibility when, in truth, there is fuck all modding to be done.

At the end of the day, until we (the members) see some effort from the people running the site we're hardly going to bother ourselves are we.

Well we obviously see things differently then because I don't see the task of mods and Administration to control, deternmine and lead what threads are started on a forum but rather to provide the platform for the forum itself, namely its reliability, its design and lay out, the provision of up to date news stories about the club, Radio Nuts, paying for the site out of our own pockets, etc, etc, - as well as the tiny bit of on forum modding that we do also.  

This allows anyone to start a discussion on anything they like under the Sun (providing that it is legal and not offensive).

We aren't here for our own egos - even if one or two try to make out that we are - in fact we are more likely to give free reign to other people's ego's until they themselves believe they are bigger than the site and as such under the false belief that the Nuts will collapse without them.

I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

32Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's up to us all as forum members, whether we are mods, admin or whatever to contribute to keep this site running. Not fair to blame the mods on this one
Still waiting for those BEL's by the way Nat  Very Happy

33Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:54

Who does the banners? Always think they’re well done.

34Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think KP and BTID are the ones who normally sort all that stuff out?

35Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan and BTID produce the banners.

36Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The good ones are Keegan's the bad ones are mine Laughing

37Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I loved the Brucie ones.

38Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:All the mods and Admins on here have their own real life families and careers to deal with and donate whatever free time they can spare that they have left to making Nuts as best as it is.  

And the members don't? You make out being a mod is a time consuming responsibility when, in truth, there is fuck all modding to be done.

At the end of the day, until we (the members) see some effort from the people running the site we're hardly going to bother ourselves are we.

Well we obviously see things differently then because I don't see the task of mods and Administration to control, deternmine and lead what threads are started on a forum but rather to provide the platform for the forum itself, namely its reliability, its design and lay out, the provision of up to date news stories about the club, Radio Nuts, paying for the site out of our own pockets, etc, etc, - as well as the tiny bit of on forum modding that we do also.  

This allows anyone to start a discussion on anything they like under the Sun (providing that it is legal and not offensive).

We aren't here for our own egos - even if one or two try to make out that we are - in fact we are more likely to give free reign to other people's ego's until they themselves believe they are bigger than the site and as such under the false belief that the Nuts will collapse without them.

I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

Nuts would collapse without me. End of. Not even up for discussion. You know it. Your dog knows it.

39Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

40Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

I'm not asking you to be centre stage, I'm asking you to make an effort to save the site from dying off. Someone viewing the site for the first time today is likely to think it's a news site with a handful of comments.

My reasons are purely selfish, I like it on here and don't want it to end up like Bolton Banter or Burnden Aces. Not so long ago I could spend all day on here, there was always some crazy thread going on to keep me entertained - and not a BN news story in sight.

Unless something changes, I'm going to have to start working for a living.

41Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Nuts would collapse without me. End of. Not even up for discussion. You know it. Your dog knows it.

In the good old days of Nuts you wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on here, you'd have been run out of town by Chris Amos.

When Nuts rises from the ashes, you'll be the first one we ditch.

42Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Nuts would collapse without me. End of. Not even up for discussion. You know it. Your dog knows it.

In the good old days of Nuts you wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on here, you'd have been run out of town by Chris Amos.

cheers

43Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 13:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bollocks

44Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

I'm not asking you to be centre stage, I'm asking you to make an effort to save the site from dying off. Someone viewing the site for the first time today is likely to think it's a news site with a handful of comments.

My reasons are purely selfish, I like it on here and don't want it to end up like Bolton Banter or Burnden Aces. Not so long ago I could spend all day on here, there was always some crazy thread going on to keep me entertained - and not a BN news story in sight.

Unless something changes, I'm going to have to start working for a living.

What exactly do you want me to do?

I've always been the one over the years to create the circus for others to perform in, it always seemed common sense to me to let people do the things they are good at, you make people laugh and I kept things on a fairly even keel as best as I can.  We certainly could not do things better if we swapped about those roles.

You've created a certain amount of mayhem over the time we've been together on forums and that's created a lot of fun - but things started to go wrong when people started to bring their own agendas on here to get certain posters banned and even set up rival forums.

I'm somewhat ridiculed these days for my constantly stated truism, that we are nothing but an irrelevant, not to be taken too seriously, internet footy forum - but that is exactly what we really are and why people come to the site for a few moments escape from what's going on in their real lives - for a bit of news about the club and hopefully a laugh or two.

Well we still provide the news part but the incessant personal abuse, the constant negativity flowing from the agendas a handful of posters hold on stuff such as Brexit, and Trump (which of course is about as meaningful as arguing about politics or religion because no one ever changes their minds and joins the other side) as inevitably taken it's toll on the enjoyment and fun factor side of the forum.

Added to that the unsubstantiated diatribe that at least one poster has, constantly banged on about Anderson being here simply to plunder the club for his self-enrichment, with out one iota of proof and despite the fact that he's been at the club for coming up to three years and we have won promotion, stayed in the Championship despite being big favourites with everyone to return, build a side with no money and being in embargo, where we are currently (after just three games admittedly) sat in the play off places and are on course to make a profit this season!

God if that's the case he really must be the worst crook in the world.

I don't apologise for attempting to put the opposite view (and provide actual facts) to challenge such shite and to keep it off the forum - and push it back to the Bolton News comments page where the other anti-Anderson trolls seem to inhabit.

So I ask again what do you expect from me?

I/we have built Nuts for others to enjoy, we've done the things we are best at and have provided a good solid platform for everyone to post on.  It's up to others to determine what fun it is on here because I'm not the funny guy, I'm simply the straight guy that sets up the jokes/forum for others.

Nuts is provided to you all for free, if you really want it to be your stage then go ahead - take the lead in us rising from the ashes, bring back Chris Amos and see if we really would ditch poor Boggers?

45Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 15:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I expect you to stop rising to the bait being chucked by Nat for one Sluffy  Very Happy

46Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 15:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I expect you to stop rising to the bait being chucked by Nat for one Sluffy  Very Happy

Sometimes you have to spell it out to people even if it the post you are replying to may be a wind up.

Nuts is less busy than how it has been in the past and that's because some people have thought they were bigger than the site and could do what they wanted whenever they liked, or thought that setting up rival sites would be a laugh and fuck the rest of us, especially those like Karly at BTID who have put in so much of their personal time and effort in to Nuts over the years - just to be pissed upon by others who clearly think they can do better job at the drop of a hat.

Well we are still here and going strong.  

We've paid up for the next two years for Nuts to be in existence, we've got a solid team of backroom staff who daily put in the effort to keep the site up and running and bring the up to date news about the club. We still haven't permanently banned anyone in all the years we've been going other than Bread - who I note got expelled from Twitter for the third time recently due to the personal abuse he constantly posts - so it's not just us who have had issues with him about the same thing is it?

At the end of the day people are free to come and go from here as they choose.  We will still provide the Bolton club news part for people to come here, hopefully soon the laughs and giggles part of the equation will return too.

Onwards and upwards and all that.

47Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not winding anyone up. I'm just tiring of the copy and paste attitude towards the site. If you don't like feedback then don't start threads like this.

48Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 15:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The site is always quieter when Bolton are doing well, it will get back to normal soon.

49Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 15:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not winding anyone up. I'm just tiring of the copy and paste attitude towards the site. If you don't like feedback then don't start threads like this.

I never said you were.

I'm happy to deal with all feedback and hope I've answered your points fully.

The simple truth is that you are probably funnier than all the rest of us on Nuts put together (that's my opinion anyway) and if you stopped posting much then clearly the laughs on here would be considerably fewer.

It's as simple as that really.

Shame that other peoples agendas and plans to create rival forums have taken their toll on here, but we will survive and carry on.

Hopefully the laughs will return soon also.

50Scrolling Bar - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 16:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As for Nat being funnier than the rest of us put together.....  affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next