Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from Wanderers Station + Fan interviews?

+13
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
DEANO82
Keegan
wanderlust
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
WanderersStationSimon
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Wanderers Station
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1. 1962, when my uncle, the manager of the Odeon, received complimentary tickets, and I went with my dad, to the night game against West Ham, (my first and last freebie from BWFC  Smile ), only 12 years old, and the sound as we got to the top of the stairs, (as the team came out),along with smell of the pies, followed by, I believe a 3-0 thrashing of the Hammers. and I  was hooked.
2. I very much liked Sam Allardyce's 'never mind the ball, get on with the game' attitude,and Warwick Rimmer's plucky return for the cup round replay away to Arsenal, when he wore a rugby scrum cap, (before it became fashionable). Having said that, my favourite is Super John McGinlay. Quality with consistency, and a sense of humour.
3. Has to be the Reading final. There were so many highs and lows, but to come out on top was the icing on the cake.
4. The season so far has been remarkable, but I can't help but feel we are still a bit brittle, and it'll be interesting to see how we handle defeat, or even a string of defeats. We've shown we can sometimes play good football, but its the consistency we need to look for. I think the players we have will need to gel a lot more, although the signs are encouraging. Unlike teams of the past few seasons, these players need to be able to express themselves more, by being allowed to pass, and develop the attacking side of the game. Hoofing the ball from back to front will see us suffer as the season goes on.
5. Given the money and material he's been given, he's worked wonders. However, I feel that at times he has developed a siege mentality. I wonder about his tactics when he sets up his team for the long ball, has no apparent plan B, and is invariably defensively minded. The last game we had, the team was set up to score on the break. A ridiculous situation considering we were at home, and the team are playing well. (scored, but not on the break). I remember when Bolton were known for their attacking, and tactical, play, but this has been replaced by a recognition that we can score from set pieces. Phil Parkinson is a good manager, but if we survive this season, I can't help but wonder if he has the vision to change our play, and take us further.
6. I think we will survive the season, and whilst we are still in turmoil, relatively, I think we should aim for, and will probably achieve, low to mid table. Anything more than this would indeed be a bonus, and I have no doubt that if the players, and managers, current outlook continues to improve, even mid table or more could be attainable.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1. Around 1960 remember Dougie Holden was playing, remember being thrilled to see Jimmy Greaves play at Burnden.
2. Between Three, Worthington was magical, Peter Thompson a wizard, Okocha breathtaking at his best.
3. Reading Play off final just the best ever feeling.
4. Excellent start just so unexpected
5. The right manager at this point in our history.
6. Anything better than last season without the worry of last day games.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1. 26th October 1968, BWFC 2-3 Huddersfield Town, my Dad and Grandad took me.
2. Frank Worthington.
3. Most memorable game must have been about 1980 vs Everton, heavy snow, orange ball, Frankie Worthington and the black dog, George Wood broke peter Reids leg and spent the rest of the half being pelted with snowballs, got called of at half time score was 1-1.
4. Better than expected.
5. Very Limited
6. Lower Mid table.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum