Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Boro 2-0 Bolton
Next Match: Ipswich v Bolton - Sat 3PM - listen live here
Stephen Darby Retires from football Details
Eddie Davies bailed out Bolton days before his death Details

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Wanderers 1 Birmingham 0 - player ratings

Wanderers 1 Birmingham 0 - player ratings

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wanderers 1 Birmingham 0 - player ratings on Thu Aug 23 2018, 09:23

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wanderers (4-2-3-1)

BEN ALNWICK 6

PAWEL OLKOWSKI 6

MARK BEEVERS 6.5

DAVID WHEATER 7

ANDY TAYLOR 6.5

JASON LOWE 7

GARY O’NEIL 6.5

CRAIG NOONE 6.5

ERHUN OZTUMER 6.5

YANIC WILDSCHUT 6

JOSH MAGENNIS 6

Subs: Buckley 7 62 (for Wildschut), Ameobi 8 62 (for Noone), Donaldson 85 (for Oztumer).

Not used: Matthews, Little, Vela, Wilson.

Birmingham (4-4-2): Camp; Colin, Dean, Morrison, Pedersen; Jota, Kieftenbeld, Gardner, Maghoma; Jutkiewicz, Bogle.

Subs: Adams 76 (for Jutkiewicz).

Not used: Trueman, Roberts, Mahoney, Solomon-Otabor, Lakin, Harding.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire) 6

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not sure why this required a new thread.

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It was just to annoy you i think

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm looking forward to a mod match report. Surely one of the 35 mods went to the game?

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm looking forward to a mod match report. Surely one of the 35 mods went to the game?

We all took a leaf out of Wanderlusts book and watched it from our armchairs last night.

6 a on Thu Aug 23 2018, 09:40

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It was just to annoy you i think

Correct. I'm now eagerly awaiting Alan Houghton's Fan's View to post! Very Happy

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thought Alnwick's saves and all round performance was worthy of more than a 6. Who makes this shit up?

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Alnwick was a bit shaky on crosses last night but did pull off a great save in the first half.

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Can anybody explain the goal to me please, I've watched it a number of times but still can see exactly how it was scored.

It looks to me that Ameobi fired one in, it hit Buckley in his chest, and flew into the goal after clipping Magennis?

I assume the ball hit one of their arms as Birmingham's manager was having a bit of a moan, but clearly if it did, no one had any chance to move out of the ball's way.

Have I got it more or less right?

If so I can't really understand Magennis being credited with the goal unless he put a bigger diversion on the ball and took it past the keeper/defender on the line?

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Can anybody explain the goal to me please, I've watched it a number of times but still can see exactly how it was scored.

It looks to me that Ameobi fired one in, it hit Buckley in his chest, and flew into the goal after clipping Magennis?

I assume the ball hit one of their arms as Birmingham's manager was having a bit of a moan, but clearly if it did, no one had any chance to move out of the ball's way.

Have I got it more or less right?

If so I can't really understand Magennis being credited with the goal unless he put a bigger diversion on the ball and took it past the keeper/defender on the line?

To me it looked like Buckley chested it downwards on to his arm and into the net, but he and Magennis were so close together it was difficult to see if Magennis made contact. I don't think he did and maybe he ran away to celebrate to disguise the handball or perhaps the ball hit both Buckley's arm and Magennis' hand simultaneously? 
Tricky one with the available camera angles but for me it was handball, albeit accidental.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Can anybody explain the goal to me please, I've watched it a number of times but still can see exactly how it was scored.

It looks to me that Ameobi fired one in, it hit Buckley in his chest, and flew into the goal after clipping Magennis?

I assume the ball hit one of their arms as Birmingham's manager was having a bit of a moan, but clearly if it did, no one had any chance to move out of the ball's way.

Have I got it more or less right?

If so I can't really understand Magennis being credited with the goal unless he put a bigger diversion on the ball and took it past the keeper/defender on the line?

To me it looked like Buckley chested it downwards on to his arm and into the net, but he and Magennis were so close together it was difficult to see if Magennis made contact. I don't think he did and maybe he ran away to celebrate to disguise the handball or perhaps the ball hit both Buckley's arm and Magennis' hand simultaneously? 
Tricky one with the available camera angles but for me it was handball, albeit accidental.

Magennis must have made contact because he's credited as the official goal scorer.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum