Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EXCLUSIVE: Bolton Nuts & Wanderers Station interview with Adam Le Fondre

+5
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Two weeks ago, Wanderers fans were shocked when half way through our cup defeat at Elland Road, it was announced that Adam Le Fondre would be leaving the club. A new challenge awaited, as Sydney FC came calling with a fantastic opportunity for the popular striker.

A few days ago, Liam from Bolton Nuts presented me with the incredible opportunity of interviewing Le Fondre on his time at Bolton and life after BL6.

We started off by asking ALF if he had recovered yet from his 24 hour flight and acclimatised yet to being in glorious sunny Sydney.

“To be fair the transition has been real easy! Of course everyone talks about jet lag but I can safely say I hardly struggled with it! It’s always nice to go somewhere and fit in straight away and I feel like I have done so here!”

Talking of fitting in straight away, it didn’t take long for Le Fondre to make an impact at Bolton. The former Reading striker became a huge fans’ favourite with the Wanderers supporters, and even had his own chant. I asked Adam if he ever imagined he’d make such a big mark at Bolton when he had first signed.

“I would lying if said I expected that to happen” said Alfie, “but I always believed in my ability to score goals regularly, which obviously endears you to fans more! The fans were unbelievable with me!”

We then discussed his time as a member of the Wanderers squad, beginning with on the pitch matters: his favourite strike partner.

“In my first spell Cloughy and I had a great understanding and partnership which flourished. However when I came back and played with big Gaz I enjoyed that as a typical big man little man combo! If pushed for an answer I would say Cloughy, we just seemed to click with everything when we played together in training or games!”

Then onto off the pitch matters: the best and worst banter in the dressing rooms…

“Wheats – the worst banter and gear. Terrible effort! The best banter was Jem until he left! To be fair there’s a great group of lads there!!”

During just a few years of association with Bolton Wanderers, Adam has been a part of some incredible achievements. However, one in particular trumps the rest.

“I think staying up on the day tops promotion. Everyone had us relegated after Burton but we stuck in there and did it in some fashion! An amazing day I got share with my family – it was unreal!”

In response to being asked whether he might make a fourth return to Bolton, in either a playing or non-playing capacity, Le Fondre replied “never say never in football! Who knows?”

Finally, ALF left a message to the Wanderers fans, saying “I just to thank them for their unwavering support for me throughout my time there! Great bunch apart from Wes!”

So there you have it. I’m sure you can all join me in thanking Adam for his time here and service as a Wanderers player. No matter what the circumstances, it was clear that he always gave his all for the club, and was a real hero for us on many occasions. We wish Adam and his family all the very best for their new life in Australia.

I’d like to also thank Liam and the team at Bolton Nuts for setting up this interview.

You can find the interview [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Tue Aug 28 2018, 16:45; edited 3 times in total

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It must be very dusty here as my eyes are watering for some reason  Sad

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How did you set all this up LT?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one is getting a journalism award for this.

Why wasn't he asked about leaving Bolton, and leaving us midway through a contract?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can’t stop cringing at this guy being treated as some sort of superstar in the ilk of Zidane.

Also would have been good to hear his thoughts on Lennon, Parky and the squads chances this year.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I contacted him asking if he would be happy to answer a few questions.

Also Nat there are certain things ALF cannot discuss. He has to ask permission to do such interviews with his club therefore asking very intrusive questions could result in us not getting the interview altogehter.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Can’t stop cringing at this guy being treated as some sort of superstar in the ilk of Zidane.

He wasn't a superstar, but he was one of the few who always gave 100%. And scored some important goals.

But I'm sure Victor will be better when he signs.

WanderersStationSimon

David Ngog
David Ngog

You're right he wasn't a superstar like Zidane. But he clearly loved the club and fans, and interacts with them on a daily basis. He leaves the club hugely adored by the majority of us.

Sent from Topic'it App

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want to interview Will Buckley. You can sell tickets.

£1 at the door. Bring your own defibrillator.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who is Wes?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wes is a guy on twitter who has a bit of banter with Alf [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Can’t stop cringing at this guy being treated as some sort of superstar in the ilk of Zidane.

He wasn't a superstar, but he was one of the few who always gave 100%. And scored some important goals.

But I'm sure Victor will be better when he signs.

Victor will be a fan favourite

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum