Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 QPR

+17
Leeds_Trotter
gloswhite
wessy
boltonbonce
Growler
observer
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 09:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Sadly, due to family circumstances, I can't make the game tomorrow, so it's going to be a bit odd for me.
Is your mum OK?

Hope so.
She's doing fine thanks, but it's all hands to the pumps at the moment.

32Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 09:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Sadly, due to family circumstances, I can't make the game tomorrow, so it's going to be a bit odd for me.
Is your mum OK?

Hope so.
She's doing fine thanks, but it's all hands to the pumps at the moment.

Happy that it says pumps and not pump. Razz

Glad to hear your mum is still on the mend mate. Smile

33Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 09:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

34Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 10:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Right, I'm just about to leave for the game, so I expect you lot to be on your best behaviour whilst I'm away  Very Happy

35Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 10:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Right, I'm just about to leave for the game, so I expect you lot to be on your best behaviour whilst I'm away  Very Happy

As always Glos. Very Happy

36Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 13:47

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hope everything is ok with Mum bonce, I am in a similar place my Mum will be 86 next month and i received a call last night saying she had fallen, luckily just cuts and bruises so i can still go today.

37Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 14:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

38Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the new lad starts. Not convinced he can do the same job Magennis does as seems to be a different type of player but if he gets the support and service I'm confident he'll score goals - hopefully starting today. We need to win this.

39Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 14:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

40Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 16:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Our descent down the table begins... lose the easy game at home and now two much tougher games later this week!

41Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 17:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:Our descent down the table begins... lose the easy game at home and now two much tougher games later this week!
I'm not so sure obs. Today was disappointing to be sure but I think with a fully fit squad to choose from (assuming Magennis has fully recovered in time for Boro) we might get five or six points out of the next four admittedly tough games. As I've just said to lusty 16 or 17 points from 33 wouldn't be a disaster would it?

42Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 17:27

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We are better playing away games if Parky is so scared of attacking teams that he starts with 3 attacking players at home to QPR, one whom is a 4th Division striker making his debut. I know he went with 5 attackers the last 10 minutes, but do that from the start not when we are losing.
The home games are going to be awful this season if Parky won't be braver with his team selections
The 3 defensive midfielders he picked today will be more effective, or rather less bleeding shite, away from home when the emphasis in on the home team to attack us.
Anything off Middlesbrough is a huge ask either home or away but id rather be playing Ipswich on their ground than ours next Saturday.

43Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apologies for those who were listening to Radio Nuts awaiting Parky's post match interview. I seem to have unwittingly paused the stream without realising!

44Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 17:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Before the season started almost everyone here believed we'd be in the bottom 3 from the off and be there all season. Instead we've made a decent start and while I don't expect us to go up I do think the squad is much better than last year and we won't be in a relegation dog fight next May. I appreciate some games are going to be tough and the next two or three weeks are going to be among the toughest we'll face but I still feel optimistic that we'll get at least 5 points from the next 12. I think Doidge will adapt to this level and that Phil will use more attacking tactics as he and Magennis in particular 'gel'. In all honesty I see plenty of reason to believe we'll be OK this season and finish around mid table.

45Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 17:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-2 Queens Park Rangers

Bolton Wanderers were defeated 2-1 by Queens Park Rangers at the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturday afternoon, with Josh Magennis getting the sole goal for the Whites in their latest outing.

Team News

Phil Parkinson made three changes to the starting line up from the Preston North End game a fortnight ago.

Craig Noone and Jonathan Grounds came in for Yanic Wildschut and Andy Taylor, with new signing Christian Doidge replacing Josh Magennis up top.

First Half

In the opening ten minutes, both sides had a fair share of possession with no key chances of note.

With 23 minutes gone, link-up play between Hoops players Rangel and Eze resulted with the wide man shooting from range, but his effort flew high and wide.

Wanderers went behind midway through the half, as Nahki Wells drilled a low cross to the front post for Luke Freeman to place past Ben Alnwick from close range.

Jordan Cousins came close for the R's almost straight from the restart, as his speculative strike nearly found the top right corner of the Bolton goal.

Sammy Ameobi was then forced off just after the half hour mark for Yanic Wildschut.

Wanderers came ever so close on the stroke of half-time to equalising, as Wildschut found an unmarked Craig Noone in the penalty area, but the winger's shot was inches from finding the back of Joe Lumley's net.

Second Half

Bolton came out in the second period with a point to prove, as a Gary O'Neil cross found the head of skipper David Wheater, but the towering centre-back's effort flew inches over the bar.

However, QPR doubled their lead ten minutes into the second half, as Luke Freeman's cross found Ebere Eze free in the area to rifle home from 12 yards.

On the hour mark, the Whites nearly found a goal through Mark Beevers as another O'Neil set piece found the centre-half but his glancing header was blocked in the area.

Dutchman Wildschut was a deflection away from bringing the Whites back into it, but the QPR defence flung bodies in the way to halt the flight of the ball.

But on the 69th minute mark, second half substitution Josh Magennis hit a low, thunderbolt of a freekick under the QPR wall and it was too much for Lumley to handle as it trickled into the back of the goal.

With ten minutes of the game remaining, full back Jonathan Grounds lay the ball to Olkowski, who unleashed a rocket goalwards but Lumley was equal to it, as he palmed it over the crossbar.

The Trotters were banging down the door for the equaliser, with a dangerous ball into the area finding substitute Erhun Oztumer, whose deflected effort produced a full length diving save from R's keeper Lumley.

Heading into added time and it was still Wanderers who looked the more likely to score, QPR's resilient defence saw them through to the final whistle.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick, Lowe (Magennis 60), Beevers, Doidge, Ameobi (Wildschut 35), Noone, Olkowski, O'Neil, Williams, Grounds (Oztumer 82), Wheater (C)

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Vela, Hobbs, Wilson

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

46Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 18:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

How did Doidge look on debut? Feedback from someone who saw the game, please!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

47Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 18:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that was a load of shite, I thoroughly regret choosing this game over the one at Victory Park.

To answer your question Keegan, Doidge was terrible. If ever a player looked out of his depth, it was him. Fair enough, it was his first game in the Championship, but fuck me, he'd better improve. And quick.

The defence was an utter shambles for the second game running. Grounds looks like a poor man's Taylor. And Taylor is a poor man's average defender. Wheater and Beevers looked like this was their first game playing together. Time to give Hobbs his chance.

Why oh why did we need three defensive midfielders at home to fucking QPR? It put us on the back foot from minute one. Parky has his good points, but setting up a team to win at home isn't one of them. How many times under Parky have we been undone by shit visitors because Parky refuses to attack teams? Too many is the fucking answer.

What was the point of signing Oztumer, lauding him as the next Messi, and then keeping him on the bench at home to fucking QPR? Parky had a chance to send out a statement, but his ultra defensive default setting is hurting us.

We were shit, but QPR were just as bad. We huffed and puffed for the last 15 minutes but it shouldn't take a 2-0 scoreline to spring us into action.

Poor game. Shit players. Shit team and tactics.

Parky out.

48Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 18:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't look like I missed much.

49Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 18:44

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Grounds is awful, does anyone have Moxey's number?

50Bolton 1-2 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 QPR Sat Sep 15 2018, 18:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Totally out thought by the plank that is McClaren, 3 defensive midfielders, a debutant up front on his own, and less said about Grounds the better, what's happened to Marc Wilson, he MUST be a better option, Parkinson showing he knows no other way other than playing not to lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum