You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » ST demand meeting with Anderson after administration drama

ST demand meeting with Anderson after administration drama

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
AS BOLTON Wanderers experienced one of its most tense days in recent years, fans were left unsure whether the club would escape from administration.
 
While the Whites look to have survived, supporters are once again asking to sit down with chairman Ken Anderson, to discuss the future.

In a statement, Bolton Wanderers FC Supporters Trust's chairman, Terence Rigby, said: "According to sources, BWFC appear to have narrowly avoided entering into administration today. In light of the events of the last 24 hours, we would confirm that we will, once again, be requesting to meet with Mr Anderson at the earliest possible opportunity. As reported at our AGM in July, we have been requesting to meet with him for some time now, but without success.

"The aim of such a meeting will be to ascertain where the Trust can provide any assistance with regards to securing the best possible outcome for the club, supporters and the greater community.
"We are very disappointed that the events of the last few days have, once again, demonstrated the perilous state of our club's financial position and that further substantial external investment is essential.
"We must now all pull together in ensuring that our club comes through this situation and moves towards a more stable and sustainable future and we will attempt to discuss this with Mr Anderson as a matter of urgency.
"At this time, we are unsure as to how matters will develop, but suffice to say we will endeavour to keep our members as involved as possible, always allowing for the undoubted confidentialities that will be in place.
"As soon as we have any further information to pass on, we will make public through the normal channels."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
As you all know I don't often swear on this site but here is my message to the Supporters Trust:

FUCK OFF YOU PATHETIC SHIT STIRRING SELF PUBLICISING WANKERS AND DO THE WHOLE WORLD A FAVOUR BY TAKING A FIVE MILE WALK OFF WIGAN PIER YOU DICKEAD, TOSSPOT, JACKASS CUNTS!



Any questions?

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
A bit strong Peter - and that's coming from me!

To be honest it is clear they are an irrelevance, I think everybody knows any ST let alone ours, doesn't have any form of sway over a club until it hits rock bottom and the money has run out.

Even yesterday if we had gone into Administration there were still millions of assets in the club and that's why people on both sides of the fence, those lined up to jump if we had gone into Admin and those like Michael James who helped prevent that happening, who both saw financial future potential in it.

It's when that's gone that the ST comes into its own to try and keep the club ticking over until someone will start to invest in it again.

Clearly our ST founders/Steering Group/Board (the same names have been central to all of them!) wanted to become owners of the club and live out their dreams - and have acted accordingly against Anderson to achieve that.

They've accordingly burnt their bridges with not only Anderson but the general goodwill they had from the clubs fans that they certainly enjoyed from the beginning.

In time and with personnel changes the not so hidden agenda of the key players from the formation of the ST to date will eventually be ditched and the ST may gain back some credibility again but for now they simply are an irrelevance - as proved yesterday (and particularly the night before) when we did really look as though we were falling into Administration yet no one single person I saw called for the ST to help/rally around.

Quite telling really considering it should be front and centre for the fans at times like these.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
GazVickers got a ban for a similar outburst.

I trust LPP will be taking a break for a day or two?

Absolutely no need for that.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:GazVickers got a ban for a similar outburst.

I trust LPP will be taking a break for a day or two?

Absolutely no need for that.

We gave Gaz a second chance before we banned him.

I agree there was no need for that from Peter and we will ban him if he grossly oversteps the line like that again.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I apologise for the outburst but frankly the Supporter's Trust has gone well past irritating me over the course of its existence. As you may remember I actually joined the ST and expected to be informed when major decisions were being made by the committee (eg even a simple round robin e-mail to say "We're going to do/say/propose x course of action"). I, like many other members of the ST expected to at least be told what they were doing when it was meant to be on our behalf but all too often we found out only after the event by reading the BN. The farrago of lies, half truths, exaggerations and at best deluded output from the top of the ST has destroyed any credibility it could and probably should have enjoyed.

Let me be clear here, I fully support the concept of an independent Supporter's Trust to act as a voice for the fans when necessary but it must do so in a sensible and realistic way. Unfortunately sensible and realistic are not words in our ST's vocabulary. I suspected as much when I joined but hoped to be proven wrong. No one regrets the fact the current leadership of the ST has turned the entire organisation into an irrelevant and probably irreparably damaged organisation more than I.

I'll just add that I find it quite funny that Nat of all people seems to think he/she has the right to call me to task. Given his/her record for abusive posts on this forum I think Nat has a cheek calling anybody else on anything.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll just add that I find it quite funny that Nat of all people seems to think he/she has the right to call me to task. Given his/her record for abusive posts on this forum I think Nat has a cheek calling anybody else on anything.

Norpig and KP pay me to abuse them. How do you think I paid for these breasts?

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oh, and for the record, my fake outrage was just that. Fake.

I love abusive posts.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
As ever I still find it hard to tell when someone is joking on a forum unless there's an emoji to make it obvious. Oops. Sorry Nat.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A bit strong Peter - and that's coming from me!

To be honest it is clear they are an irrelevance, I think everybody knows any ST let alone ours, doesn't have any form of sway over a club until it hits rock bottom and the money has run out.

Even yesterday if we had gone into Administration there were still millions of assets in the club and that's why people on both sides of the fence, those lined up to jump if we had gone into Admin and those like Michael James who helped prevent that happening, who both saw financial future potential in it.

It's when that's gone that the ST comes into its own to try and keep the club ticking over until someone will start to invest in it again.

Clearly our ST founders/Steering Group/Board (the same names have been central to all of them!) wanted to become owners of the club and live out their dreams - and have acted accordingly against Anderson to achieve that.

They've accordingly burnt their bridges with not only Anderson but the general goodwill they had from the clubs fans that they certainly enjoyed from the beginning.

In time and with personnel changes the not so hidden agenda of the key players from the formation of the ST to date will eventually be ditched and the ST may gain back some credibility again but for now they simply are an irrelevance - as proved yesterday (and particularly the night before) when we did really look as though we were falling into Administration yet no one single person I saw called for the ST to help/rally around.

Quite telling really considering it should be front and centre for the fans at times like these.
Given what I actually think of the ST I consider my missive to be very mild indeed, practically passive in fact.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:As ever I still find it hard to tell when someone is joking on a forum unless there's an emoji to make it obvious. Oops. Sorry Nat.

I don't do emojis Peter, they're for teenagers and KP.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:As ever I still find it hard to tell when someone is joking on a forum unless there's an emoji to make it obvious. Oops. Sorry Nat.

I don't do emojis Peter, they're for teenagers and KP.
I don't use them either Nat and I never will.

 Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea ..dunno.. Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat silent pale alien cat monkey pig bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol! ::wtf:: ::FU:: ::bellend:: ::seething:: ::rules:: ::mad:: ::dance:: ::seething2:: :banned: :bow: :clap: :cop: :falltopieces: :birthday: :agree: :dontgetit: :soz: :gun: :nono: :number1: :party: :pray: :rofl: :hijack: :uk: :biggrin: :bomb: :drinks: :lazy: :ninja: :tongue2: :whistle: :stupid: :wtf2: :stfu: :yeahright: :face2: :bullshit: :facepalm: :flog: :COYW: :suicide: :drink: :drwho: :geek2: :mixpoints: :nopoints: :nuts: :zzz: :Overreact: :footy: :toppoints: :flash: :tumbleweed: :trust: :like: :sick: :dougie: ::already :shit: ::bwfcfan:: ::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun: ::sulk:: :bump:

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't rate the ST either but they are more likely than me to get a meeting with Anderson and ask the questions that many fans would like answering - and then publish them for the benefit of all, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't rate the ST either but they are more likely than me to get a meeting with Anderson and ask the questions that many fans would like answering - and then publish them for the benefit of all, so I don't see what the fuss is about.
No lusty, they're not at all likely to get a meeting with Anderson. They've gone out of their way to offend him at every turn ever since they formed, even before they formed in fact and Iles rode along with them. In short I'd say it's more likely you'll get a one on one meeting with Vladimir Putin to discuss Russian Intelligence activities than it is for the ST to get even one second of Ken's time or Lee's for that matter.

I'm actually as annoyed by that as anyone since I do still think Ken has some questions to answer and a sane, independent ST would have been the perfect group to ask them but the berks running our ST have made it impossible for that to happen. Iles has committed the cardinal sin in journalism in being openly partisan on too many issues so Ken and the rest of the board don't trust him to be a professional journalist who would print what they actually say rather than his own version of what he thinks they said between the lines.

It may surprise you to hear that I am genuinely concerned that there isn't a stable outside force to hold Ken to account or even to advise him when he's going wrong. I think that may be a contributing factor to some of the mistakes he's undoubtedly made because there's now a 'siege mentality' around the boardroom that means to a degree he may be operating in an echo chamber.

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't rate the ST either but they are more likely than me to get a meeting with Anderson and ask the questions that many fans would like answering - and then publish them for the benefit of all, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

Lusty- do you really believe that KA would tell them anything that we don't know already. They'd get short shrift and shown the door

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
And assuming for one moment they actually got in to see Ken I for one would have no faith in the veracity of anything they said about such a meeting. In truth the committee of the ST have done more than just make themselves irrelevant in my opinion. They've made it impossible for any future ST committee to build any kind of workable relationship with either the club or the fans they claim to represent. It's a real shame because a strong independent voice could have been helpful if only in ensuring transparency from the club and that the club would have a clear and accurate picture of what the fans actually think and want.

An effective ST can be a real asset to a club regardless of its financial situation and at the same time be a genuine boon to fans who want more than some sterile press release as a source of what's actually going on. We do not now and likely never will see our ST become that kind of entity.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So if they aren't going to get a meeting and even if they did he'd tell them nothing, what is all the fuss about?

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So if they aren't going to get a meeting and even if they did he'd tell them nothing, what is all the fuss about?
No fuss lusty, simply answering your assertion that they're more likely to get answers they'll publish for everyone's benefit. If you do honestly believe that there's a really attractive bridge in North Wales that I'd like to sell to you. Smile

In all seriousness though I genuinely wish someone could get those answers because at the moment all we really have to go on are carefully prepared press releases and programme missives. With that 'information vacuum' it's only natural that speculation is rife and opinion divided among the fans. That's bad for the club as well as us, something I'm sure you know at least as well as everyone else.

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll just add that I find it quite funny that Nat of all people seems to think he/she has the right to call me to task. Given his/her record for abusive posts on this forum I think Nat has a cheek calling anybody else on anything.

Norpig and KP pay me to abuse them. How do you think I paid for these breasts?

It's money well spent, believe me.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So if they aren't going to get a meeting and even if they did he'd tell them nothing, what is all the fuss about?
No fuss lusty, simply answering your assertion that they're more likely to get answers they'll publish for everyone's benefit.
There you go - straight out of the Sluffy school of deliberate misquoting to make a point Smile

What I actually said was they were more likely to get a meeting with Anderson etc than me - which is a 100% true bald fact as I have no intention whatsoever of even trying.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So if they aren't going to get a meeting and even if they did he'd tell them nothing, what is all the fuss about?
No fuss lusty, simply answering your assertion that they're more likely to get answers they'll publish for everyone's benefit.
There you go - straight out of the Sluffy school of deliberate misquoting to make a point Smile

What I actually said was they were more likely to get a meeting with Anderson etc than me - which is a 100% true bald fact as I have no intention whatsoever of even trying.
What on earth are you whittering on about lusty? I wasn't taking a dig at you in any way shape or form. I did not include the words "than you" because it never occurred to me you'd be so insanely paranoid as to think a rather simple comment concerning the likelihood of the ST getting answers at all was any kind of attack on you.

For the record, I don't care who you mean when you say they're more likely to get answers, you'd still be wrong if you said "The ST is more likely to get answers than Elvis Presley."

The point I make has nothing whatsoever to do with you. It's entirely about the ST and the fact they've burnt every possible bridge they could have had with the club and have absolutely no chance of getting any kind of meeting with Ken Anderson. In truth even though you're not even going to try and get a meeting I'd still say the ST's chances are no better than yours.

Don't be so quick to assume you know my motives or meaning please. As to being "straight from the sluffy school" well, there are times when I agree with him and times when I don't. On the subject of the ST and Ken Anderson I'm broadly in agreement with sluffy but even there we've disagreed on certain things such as the late payments to Ben Amos and Karl Henry.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:As ever I still find it hard to tell when someone is joking on a forum unless there's an emoji to make it obvious. Oops. Sorry Nat.

I don't do emojis Peter, they're for teenagers and KP.
I don't use them either Nat and I never will.

 Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea ..dunno.. Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat silent pale alien cat monkey pig bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol! ::wtf:: ::FU:: ::bellend:: ::seething:: ::rules:: ::mad:: ::dance:: ::seething2:: :banned: :bow: :clap: :cop: :falltopieces: :birthday: :agree: :dontgetit: :soz: :gun: :nono: :number1: :party: :pray: :rofl: :hijack: :uk: :biggrin: :bomb: :drinks: :lazy: :ninja: :tongue2: :whistle: :stupid: :wtf2: :stfu: :yeahright: :face2: :bullshit: :facepalm: :flog: :COYW: :suicide: :drink: :drwho: :geek2: :mixpoints: :nopoints: :nuts: :zzz: :Overreact: :footy: :toppoints: :flash: :tumbleweed: :trust: :like: :sick: :dougie: ::already :shit: ::bwfcfan:: ::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun: ::sulk::  :bump:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Me neither. And apologies for being arsey.

barryk32

avatar
David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:GazVickers got a ban for a similar outburst.

I trust LPP will be taking a break for a day or two?

Absolutely no need for that.

Nobody likes a grass.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
No worries lusty.

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
This is the sort of thread that makes grown men cry.

What has happened to the world?

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Nothing really cajun. It's just a case of us going round in circles because it seems every time things are finally getting sorted another 'crisis' pops out of the woodwork. In truth though I find it absolutely astonishing that the Supporter's Trust believe they have any credibility left at all. Worse yet Iles still seems to take them seriously when even the thickest, most myopic idiot on the planet knows there's no way in hell Ken, Lee or anyone in any position of power at BWFC is going to meet with them under any circumstances. Bluntly put Satan will drive to work in a snow plough before Ken Anderson gives so much as one second of his time to the ST.

That in my opinion is a crying shame even though I believe he's fully justified in that stance. There is and always will be a need for a football club's fans to have a strong, independent voice that can ask the questions we can't as individuals and get the answers that could assuage so much of the concern we all feel about our club and its future.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum