Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our very own Leeds Trotter on the radio!

+3
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well not exactly BBC 5Live but the next best which is of course Love Sport Radio!

LT was head hunted to be interviewed by the QPR Fans show segment of the show and give a very remarkable ten minute interview considering he had to do it live and it was the first ever time he's done public speaking.

If you can spare a few moments then give yourself a treat and listen to his views on not only our forthcoming home game on Saturday but also the monumental events of today including our near Administration and the sad news of Eddies death.

He obviously impressed the people at the radio station because they've already signed him up for the people who do the Brentford part of the show!

You can hear LT from just before the 36th minute of this link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very well done LT and I for one am looking forward greatly to listening to your Brentford interview in a few weeks time.

Editor of Bolton Nuts indeed!

Very Happy

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thank you Sluffy, with everything going on yesterday I was in two minds about taking part.

As you pointed out, it was the first I have ever had to go on radio and take part in a live interview. I was very nervous and felt I did stutter at times when I was giving the interview. Listening to it back, I feel like I didn't do too bad overall.

They thanked me and said I was "top notch", and they then asked me to take part in future interviews.

I'm sure over time I will no doubt get better at giving interviews live on air, but for now anybody knows me will know thay this was a very big thing for me.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've said above in the intro to this thread but I'll say it again because I really do mean it, you did fantastically well for your first ever radio interview and I can say that with having had some experience of having given them myself.

Very occasionally in my former time at working at a town hall, I've been interviewed on BBC local radio as to one or two things that have attracted public attention. I can recall how nervous and anxious I was about making a good impression on my first aired public interview and can totally empathise how LT would have felt.

He really did a splendid effort and should be very proud of the resulting conversation on the radio linked to above.

If people can spare a few minutes of their time I hope you can listen to LT's interview on what turned out to be a momentous day for the club we all support.

Fair play also to the two QPR interviewers who showed both our club and LT tremendous respect on the happenings of the day (even though one of them confused us with Bradford regarding cheap Season Tickets at one stage!).

Go on you know you really want a listen!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You two need to get a room. Or converse via PM.

It's hardly a 'Businesswoman of the Year' award is it.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think me and you should team up on the next radio show Nat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I think me and you should team up on the next radio show Nat.

Unless it's Chorley FM, you're on your own.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I think me and you should team up on the next radio show Nat.

Unless it's Chorley FM, you're on your own.

Is that the same Chorley FM, where the listener comes first?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice plugging at the end too. Well done LT

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only just got round to listening to this.

It was ok all in all and would award a D-.

Only joking! Top work mate and well done! Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Climb out KP.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Climb out KP.

Out of where Nat? Your bat cave? Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm touched that you see me as a superhero, but I'm more Wonder Woman than Batman.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just listened LT. Good effort mate. You'll be on 5 live soon   Very Happy

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thank you all for taking the time to listen, I appreciate it.

As previously stated, I reckon I'll get a little better at it over time. Looking forward to the next one.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You just need to start doing Radio Nuts and you can interview the other fans Razz

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You just need to start doing Radio Nuts and you can interview the other fans Razz

I do miss listening a Bolton podcast. Someone did one before, but I've forgotten the name of it now.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The men in white originally the doesn't LOV do one now?

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ah that's it! Not too sure about LOV. Not a big fan of that lot, so don't go on their site.

Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Thu Sep 13 2018, 19:20; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You just need to start doing Radio Nuts and you can interview the other fans Razz

I was actually thinking the same about this. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum