Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Central Heating

+4
karlypants
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Central Heating Empty Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 10:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's one for you all. When do you decide to switch your central heating on? What temperature do you keep your household at?
Personally I don't think its not quite cold enough yet, although my other half thinks it's freezing (Whilst sitting there in a vest). Should just put a jumper on Very Happy I;m sat in a t-shirt and still think it's fine.

2Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I refuse to switch mine on until 1st October. I don't care if it's -30 outside, it's not coming on until the 1st.

My thermometer says it's currently 19 degrees in the penthouse.

3Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

4Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

Do you have an electric shower Bonce?

5Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

Yes. Electric costs for last month were £15.75

6Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Yes. Electric costs for last month were £15.75

How many people is in your household? Shocked

Seems well cheap considering most folk have a laptop on, tv, kettle, oven, lighting, charging of smart devices and electric shower!

7Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 in our house. I run a tight ship.
Central Heating Alastair-Sim-Scrooge
I make the candles from saved ear wax.

8Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we pay about £60 around every 7 weeks

9Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m fact looking at my previous bill which was between the 16th July to the 1st September was £84.46 but that included extra gas and elec for another 2 adults for just over a week so 4 adults and a 2 year old in total.

We are on a shitty standard tariff with the awful BG too and we really need to move.

10Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Here's one for you all.  When do you decide to switch your central heating on?  What temperature do you keep your household at?
Personally I don't think its not quite cold enough yet, although my other half thinks it's freezing (Whilst sitting there in a vest).  Should just put a jumper on Very Happy  I;m sat in a t-shirt and still think it's fine.

We haven’t put our central heating on yet either and I am mostly just wearing a t-shirt although around 10pm I can feel the temperature drop so the jumper comes on.

It really isn’t cold enough to get the heating on yet in my opinion.

11Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric. I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% renewable electricity
100% carbon offset gas
Zero markup on the energy you use

I can refer people for a £25 Amazon gift card reward for us both if you like Very Happy

It is really easy to change and everyone should do it every year.

12Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 16:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric.  I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% carbon offset gas

I can refer people for a £25 Amazon gift card reward for us both if you like Very Happy

I agree about changing supplier every year.

I'm with Avro Energy at the moment.

We have our thermostat set at 22C.  We have three time periods set during the day, but put boosts on through the day if needed.

We had a new Vaillant boiler fitted in April, so it's not been used much due to the hot summer. i'm interested to see how the costs work out through the next 6 month period.

13Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric.  I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% carbon offset gas

£66.46 for August ? Have I got that right?

Unless you are running a poorly insulated, 4 bedroom detached house, with 4 tenants, I think that's quite high. (or do you have a mansion ?)  Very Happy

14Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mind you, that could be an average, paid each monthly, I suppose

15Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing that irritates me is that when I went on Uswitch a while back, it asks for a recent bill to show savings.

Why can't a comparison site show the price of kw to get the cheapest price on a like for like basis?

I played around with the search settings and it appeared that I could pay more for the standing charge to get a cheaper kw or vice versa. It doesn't give a true comparison.

Pretty shite tbh as everyone's bills are different month by month.

16Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with Octopus Energy. Pretty happy with them too.

17Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Mind you, that could be an average, paid each monthly, I suppose

Not sure how BTID pays but we always give actual manual meter readings and then pay the bill instead of messing around with the estimated bills.

18Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:39

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).

19Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).
We used to be with BG. Hated them.

20Central Heating Empty Re: Central Heating Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).

Why not give them actual meter readings every month and then you pay the right figure?

I'm with them (unfortunately) and I use the BG app on my phone to submit the readings and then pay through that. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum