Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton stars challenged to win back place against Derby County

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers’ starting line-up at Ipswich Town on Saturday did not contain the names of David Wheater or Mark Beevers for the first time in Parkinson’s 27 months in charge.

Jack Hobbs and Marc Wilson anchored the defence at Portman Road – but with the latter facing a one-game suspension, changes could once more be afoot.

Wanderers are yet to indicate whether they will appeal against Wilson’s red card, dished out by referee Stephen Martin for a professional foul on Kayden Jackson.

After making a statement with his selection against Ipswich, however, Parkinson has put all four of his central defenders on notice that places are up for grabs.

“It was a big call,” he told The Bolton News. “Wheats and Beevers have been great for us but we threw in two more players or real Championship quality.

“If you go back to the Leeds game, okay we got beat, but we played well and we’d started with Hobbs and Wilson at the back. I felt Wheater and Beevers thought ‘hey, what’s going on?’ And they responded to that challenge.

“It was a real shame about Marc’s red card because at that point I thought the pair of them looked so comfortable.

“We have now got some real competition in that area of the team – they have all got different qualities, and that’s the key. I want to get the best out of them.”

Parkinson had checked out Ipswich in person last Tuesday night with chief scout Tim Breacker before travelling up for the game at Middlesbrough and then back down to Suffolk with the squad on Friday.

The Bolton boss will be glad to spend most of this week at the Lostock training ground but feels the extra work paid off with the point at weekend.

“I learned a lot on Tuesday night,” he said. “I was very pleased with the result. Getting beat on Wednesday meant it was so important we got back on that coach with something in the bag.”

Source

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Parky watches a different game to us each week.

Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:15; edited 1 time in total

We all do, it’s called a fixture list.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Plenty o room in the team for all.......parky can play all four center backs.....preferably at home.  Razz

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i hope he's true to his word and leaves Hobbs in the team alongside Wheater. Beevers has been poor again and his distribution (if you can call hoofing it aimlessly upfield distribution) is hopeless.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm with norpig. Beevers has looked like the weakest link at the back all season. Leave him out and give Hobbs an extended run alongside Wheater.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum