Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Blackburn

+16
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
DEANO82
doffcocker
rammywhite
bryan458
observer
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wessy
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd also like to nominate Lloyd Dyer for worst debut ever. I've never seen anything like it, was it even Lloyd Dyer?
He appeared to be using someone else's legs.

We’re they yours Bonce? Shocked
Not unless I've changed colour. Very Happy

32Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Positive performance today, shame about the result. I think a Madine in our side would have been the difference between a loss and a victory today. It's the best performance that I have seen us have this season so the result itself isn't the concern for me. My main concern is our apparrent lack of creativity when we get to the edge of the box. We can't play a killer pass.

Yes we had some chances but they were mostly long range, or set pieces or, like the header off the line from the McGennis header, it was from a spooned clearance by their defender as opposed to our own creation.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

33Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our result was bad enough, but manure winning from two goals down put the top hat on it.

34Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd also like to nominate Lloyd Dyer for worst debut ever. I've never seen anything like it, was it even Lloyd Dyer?
He appeared to be using someone else's legs.

We’re they yours Bonce? Shocked
Not unless I've changed colour. Very Happy

Good point. I thought with you being the usual forum calamity and all that. Very Happy

35Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Our result was bad enough, but manure winning from two goals down put the top hat on it.
They waited until the 70th minute to turn the screw.  Brilliant finishing from Manure... something we have not seen in years.

36Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sat Oct 06 2018, 23:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How much longer can folk support Parkinson? Blackburn showed very little going forward yet Parkinson persisted with his two holding midfielders, left it too long to play two up top, left it too long to hook Grounds, I have said all along Parkinson is easily out thought by opposing managers because of his inability to change a game when we go a goal down.

37Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 00:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time for PP to go. Took us as far as he can.

The football on show is fucking dire and he continues to stick with the same tactics and plan week after week. I like PP but it’s time to fuck off mate

38Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 01:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we finally woke up and took control of the midfield there was some very positive play and reasonable passing - putting it out wide for wingers in space (Blackburn were playing narrow) or giving it to Oztumer. For a team that has Noone, Buckley, Wildschutt, Dyer and when fit, Ameobi to provide service as well as Oztumer etc from the middle we did a really good job of failing to provide any quality balls into the business end. One of several reasons why we lost.

39Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 08:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Positive performance today

I think it was as far away from positive as you can get.

We seemed to just accept a 1-0 defeat from the minute Blackburn scored. Watching Match of the Day, Leicester were a goal down in injury time and their keeper is up front for a corner. We showed no urgency whatsoever, no desperation to force an equaliser.

You get nothing for a 1-0 defeat Parky.

40Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 09:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Piss poor performance again, can't believe some of the comments on here about it being a positive performance! We can't string 4 passes together and the midfield of Lowe and Williams were very poor, only Oztumer looks to get the ball down and play the others are content to pass backwards and sideways.
Yet again Parky leaves it too late to bring on another striker to support Magennis, he wins most balls in the air but we have no one to feed off them.
KA can moan about attendances all he wants but he hasn't got a leg to stand on when we play like that at home.

41Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 09:28

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Biggie wrote:5. Dyer looked like he couldn't control his legs, let alone the ball.
8. Oztumer played a kind of number 10 role today (or seemed to) and he is streets ahead of the players around him. At times I become very frustrated on his behalf.
6. Wildschutt - maybe get schutt (of him). One dimensional and a lack of desire.
6.5 Noone seems to try hard but nothing he touches turns to gold.
6.5 McGennis, 8 for effort. 5 for usefulness. 
7.5 Wheater and the other defender did good today.
5.5 Doige was difficult to judge and didn't get much of a chance. He made some clever runs but the through balls were never of any quality.
Number 4 played well today I think. A lot more solid from him. But his mate in the number 21 shirt, whilst showing some good glimpses, was guilty too many times of poor decision making, poor passing, poor positioning.
7 Olkovski did well for the most part although often guilty of trying to do too much when there is a pass available.
8 Our keeper didn't do anything wrong, made some good saves too. 

Who am I forgetting?
2 Grounds at fault for yet another goal please return to Brum, thanks, but no thanks !!!

42Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 10:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Two positives for me. Oztumer, who seemed to take control of the midfield, and spread the passes really well. Hopefully Parky will realise he's better here, and isn't really a striker. Also, Williams played really well, but faded for the last few minutes.
It used to be that we had a semblance of an attack and defence, that were let down by the midfield, but it appeared the opposite way round for this game.
Grounds wasn't that good again, but made a few less mistakes than normal, (can this be classed as improvement?). Unfortunately, one of his mistakes led to the goal.
Overall' our game was a great improvement on recent rubbish, which shows we can do it. I would like to know what is said or (not) done to change the performances so much.

43Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Williams was by far and away our best player.

44Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:14

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I thought Oztumer was our best player by far.  Kept the ball on the ground and made some mazy runs.  Looks good

45Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:20

The team’s clearly an improvement on last year - last night was a strange one, in that we showed glimpses of quality but couldn’t break through. Not sure how to feel about it if I’m honest.

46Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Williams and Oztumer were both shit.

Williams is just another runner with no ability with the ball. Just like Lowe. I doubt they played a forward pass all game between them. They were great at passing back to Wheater or Hobbs though.

Oztumer played too deep in the first half, and in the second he clearly didn't like someone in the crowd because that's where all his passes ended up. Magennis was totally isolated because none of the midfielders were linking the play.

Parky is costing us too many points with his negative shite. I have no problem packing the midfield with defensive midfielders against the top sides but against the likes of QPR and Blackburn you have to try and win the game.

Ken can bleat all he likes about 20,000 crowds, but with the shit served up under Parky I think 10,000 is going to be a struggle when the away following is poor. Were there more than 6,000 Bolton fans in the ground yesterday?

47Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:31

What changes would you have made to the lineup though?

48Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Blackburn Rovers

Bolton Wanderers were defeated by a single Bradley Dack goal against Blackburn Rovers at the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturday evening.

Team News

Since the team's last outing against Stoke City, manager Phil Parkinson made just one change for the visit of Blackburn Rovers, that being David Wheater replacing Marc Wilson in the starting eleven.

First Half

A freekick was given to to Wanderers on the 17th minute mark, as a brilliant bit of link-up play from Will Buckley and Joe Williams saw the latter fouled in a dangerous area.

Josh Magennis stood over the dead ball, but his powerful drive towards goal was deflected by the Blackburn wall.

Two minutes later and Williams had a chance of his own, as a built up bit of pressure from Wanderers saw the ball fall to him on the half-volley.

However, his strike wasn’t the cleanest as it glanced wide.

Rovers then took the lead on the 22nd minute through Bradley Dack.

A ball over the top saw an effort on goal which was saved initially by Remi Matthews.

The follow up from Harrison Reed was again blocked, this time from David Wheater but at the third attempt, Dack calmly slotted the ball home from eight yards.

Wanderers responded with a chance of their own five minutes on through Will Buckley.

Jason Lowe found the winger in space on the left wing, before cutting inside and curling an effort nearly past David Raya, but the Blackburn shot stopper tipped it around the post.

From the resulting corner, Josh Magennis rose highest and powered down a header towards goal, but Raya was equal to it as it got a hand to it and tipped it over the crossbar.

Ten minutes to go in the half and Reed was through again for Rovers, but once again Wheater was on him quickly and got his body in the way to divert the ball out of play.

Shortly before half time and Josh Magennis had a header cleared off the line.

After a high looping ball was deflected up, Magennis got first to it in an aerial duel and lopped it over Raya.

But, Charlie Mulgrew was on hand for the visitors to head away the certain goal.

Second Half

Moving into the second period and Wanderers had the first chance through Pawel Olkowski.

The Polish right back through himself into a challenge with a Blackburn defender with so much force, the out coming ball nearly looped over Raya into the Rovers goal.

With just over 20 minutes to go and some intricate pass-and-move football between Oztumer and Williams released Jonathan Grounds.

The full back tried to power his cross along with the six yard line, but found Raya’s gloves.

Wanderers had the majority of the possession, but Blackburn had the next chance through substitute Adam Armstrong.

With the Whites playing a high line, Rovers counted with a ball over the top for the winger to latch onto.

Showing his pace, he sprinted down the right channel and unleashed a venomous effort on goal from a tight angle.

Matthews was more than equal to it, palming the ball away and stopping the visitors doubling the deficit.

Joe Williams came close with a long range effort, but a deflection took the sting out of the shot as it nestled into Raya’s hands.

Into the last ten minutes and Phil Parkinson’s men were throwing everything at the Blackburn defence, with the final ball just evading them from scoring the equaliser.

Christian Doidge came on as a second half substitute and had a looping header saved by Raya acrobatically with five minutes of regular time to play.

With three minutes to play, the referee pointed to the spot as Doidge was fouled inside the area.

However, after consulting with his linesman, the decision was changed to an offside call on the Welshman.

Five minutes of additional time was allowed and still the Whites pressed for the equalising goal.

Unfortunately, it wasn't to be as the referee blew for the full-time whistle.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Matthews, Lowe, Oztumer, Buckley (Wildschut 45), Noone (Dyer 66), Hobbs, Olkowski, J. Williams, Magennis, Grounds (Doidge 78), Wheater (C)

Unused substitutes: B. Williams, Vela, Wilson, O’Neil.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

49Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:What changes would you have made to the lineup though?

At home against the likes of QPR and Blackburn I would start with two strikers, there's no point having a centre forward who wins headers if there's no one around to make something of it.

I don't think we need two defensive midfielders at home, so I'd have left either Lowe or Williams out.

50Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Were there more than 6,000 Bolton fans in the ground yesterday?

The attendance for the game was: 15461. Blackburn were given an allocation of 2,658 so that makes it 12,803 Bolton fans

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum