Last Match: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn
Next Match: Rotherham V Bolton - 20/10/18 @3PM Live

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Are you VEGAN yet?

Are you VEGAN yet?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Are you VEGAN yet? on Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:05

Biggie

Admin
Simple question. Are you a vegan?

And further than that - let's discuss the topic without abusing each other.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:08

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Simple answer...No!

3 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sat Oct 06 2018, 22:39

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm a veggie since the age of 17. Vegans annoy me. On meeting them for the first time they inform you that they're vegan, then go on to tell you why, and why you too should also be vegan.
They then continue on to imply that you're a heartless bastard, with no soul, who turns a deaf ear to the screams of geraniums.

4 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sat Oct 06 2018, 23:02

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I'm a veggie since the age of 17. Vegans annoy me. On meeting them for the first time they inform you that they're vegan, then go on to tell you why, and why you too should also be vegan.
They then continue on to imply that you're a heartless bastard, with no soul, who turns a deaf ear to the screams of geraniums.

Mrs. McD is veggie and considering becoming a vegan. Be sure that I won’t tolerate this kind of behaviour though, Bonce. No one needs to know as long as you bring your own vegan sausages to dinner parties.

5 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 16:57

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No.

Unless you have a serious health problem that requires you to be a vegan, it's yet another fad.

I don't wish to change sex either.  I prefer women to men, but I don't want to wear a dress.

6 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:51

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'm omnivorous. I've got a lamb shank in the oven at the minute and I'm going to enjoy eating it later

7 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:54

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Stopped eating meat a couple of years ago, better for my health and the environment I don’t miss it.

Wouldnt go vegan, too difficult.

8 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Stopped eating meat a couple of years ago, better for my health and the environment I don’t miss it.

What a load of shite, of course you miss it. You'd rather have a salad sandwich than a hamburger?

9 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 18:35

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Meat substitutes have improved enormously over the past few years.

10 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 19:25

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Stopped eating meat a couple of years ago, better for my health and the environment I don’t miss it.

What a load of shite, of course you miss it. You'd rather have a salad sandwich than a hamburger?

Is salad sandwich a thing in Preston? Sounds shit.

11 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 21:56

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Couldn't imagine being a vegetarian nevermind a vegan, I eat some kind of meat every day so nigh on impossible.

12 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Mon Oct 08 2018, 09:13

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
No. The human digestive system is perfectly designed to eat meat and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. Unless I had a medical need to give up meat and fish I won't be doing it.

13 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Mon Oct 08 2018, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I eat some kind of meat every day so nigh on impossible.

KP's sausage?

14 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Mon Oct 08 2018, 20:11

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@xmiles wrote:No. The human digestive system is perfectly designed to eat meat and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. Unless I had a medical need to give up meat and fish I won't be doing it.

Not saying you should feel this way, but does the environmental impact sway you at all?

15 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Tue Oct 09 2018, 08:33

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@T.R.O.Y wrote:
@xmiles wrote:No. The human digestive system is perfectly designed to eat meat and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. Unless I had a medical need to give up meat and fish I won't be doing it.

Not saying you should feel this way, but does the environmental impact sway you at all?

I am aware of the environmental impact of humans eating increasing amounts of meat due to the economic advances in places like China. I also think it is wrong to maltreat animals or overfish but, for what I guess can be called purely selfish reasons, I prefer not to give up eating meat and fish.

I understand why people become vegetarians but find veganism unconvincing since it is medically unsound as a diet particularly for babies and young children. I have even less sympathy for pet owning vegans who put their cats and dogs on vegan diets.

And I don't really understand pescatarians. They think animals feel pain but fish don't?

16 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Tue Oct 09 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Norpig wrote:I eat some kind of meat every day so nigh on impossible.

KP's sausage?
 Amongst others, yes  Very Happy

17 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 10:16

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
I am a big meat eater and would never give it up.

I know 3 vegetarians - 1 who will only eat McDonalds (yes she knows how ridiculous it is, she says she just doesn't like cuts of meat), 1 who will only eat some shell-fish and one who will eat all fish.

I have known only 1 vegan - a particularly unhealthy stick thin hippie type. 

I don't understand any of it really but I think Vegan's are at least properly following through their principles, whilst most veges who are doing it on moral grounds will pick and choose what they will eat. They seem to care about some animals but not about others. Who gives a fuck about fish right? Leather shoes and handbags are perfectly fine. I can't quite get my head around that way of thinking.

18 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:00

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@RustyNail wrote:
I know 3 vegetarians - 1 who will only eat McDonalds (yes she knows how ridiculous it is, she says she just doesn't like cuts of meat), 1 who will only eat some shell-fish and one who will eat all fish.

So none of them are vegetarians then?

19 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:49

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
It would appear not, but they call themselves Veges.

20 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 14:24

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@RustyNail wrote:It would appear not, but they call themselves Veges.

:facepalm:

21 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 14:58

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
A lot of vegan menus are popping up everywhere, particularly in Manchester, as this current hipster trend dictates. What fascinates me is they are calling some of the dishes after animals. Eg, Vegan chicken and rice. Why anyone who deplores the killing of animals would then want to pretend they are eating one is quite beyond me. I have had a few debates on facebook to this effect but I am yet to receive an explanation that makes any sense.

22 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 15:49

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
For the vast majority it's got nothing to do with lifestyle choice. In the modern world 1.45 billion people are vegetarian or vegan by necessity and further 75 million are vegetarian or vegan by choice. Of the remaining omnivores, most (apart from the bloated Western bastards) have a predominantly vegetarian or vegan diet supplemented with meat only occasionally - as it was in Britain until the last century when ordinary folk could only afford meat once a week - hence the rise of the Sunday roast.
Historically, the vast majority of people were vegetarian or vegan and it's looking like the trend towards meat eating is set to be reversed again as meat production is an incredibly inefficient use of land as population continues to rise.
Soybeans can yield 263 lbs of protein per acre, Rice 224 lbs, Legumes 94 lbs compared to meat (average) 36 lbs and Beef 15 lbs.
Mycoprotein production is set to rise dramatically as fungus grows really quickly and doesn't require much energy so expect to see more Quorn type proteins.
Fish farming is also likely to rise as if it's done properly, massive outputs in the region of 3 to 4 thousand lbs per acre can be achieved.
And then there's edible insect production - yum. Massive outputs of protein, fast growing and negligible environmental cost - cows emit 1500 times more greenhouse gases than insects per kilo of protein and require 5 times more feed.
Add this to the fact that Beef and Milk production is one of the biggest contributors to global warming/climate change and it makes every sense to ban meat production now if we care for the long term future of the planet and the human species - but we don't because we are a selfish bunch of twats.

23 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wanderlust, do you not have a wife you can spout this guff too?

Or does she tell you to fuck off, hence why we have to read this shit.

24 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 19:57

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

25 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 20:18

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Claire Perry is clearly not up to doing her job.

26 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 20:21

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, do you not have a wife you can spout this guff too?

Very Happy

27 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 22:22

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, do you not have a wife you can spout this guff too?

Very Happy
Fortunately she also thinks the facts are more interesting than your brainwashed bullshit. And please do us both a favour and stop reading my posts and/or block me.

28 Re: Are you VEGAN yet? on Mon Oct 15 2018, 10:39

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@RustyNail wrote:A lot of vegan menus are popping up everywhere, particularly in Manchester, as this current hipster trend dictates. What fascinates me is they are calling some of the dishes after animals. Eg, Vegan chicken and rice. Why anyone who deplores the killing of animals would then want to pretend they are eating one is quite beyond me. I have had a few debates on facebook to this effect but I am yet to receive an explanation that makes any sense.

Not eating meat doesn’t mean you don’t enjoy the flavour of it - just that you feel the negative impacts of the meat industry (health, environmental impact and industrial meat production), outweigh the taste.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum