You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake?

ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Parky has made plenty of mistakes over the last couple of seasons, but none is looking bigger than releasing Le Fondre half way through his contract.

That game yesterday was crying out for someone to play alongside Magennis, even if only for the last 30 minutes. Many times ALF changed the game with a goal or clever assist, we simply don't have anyone of his calibre on the bench. Doidge looks out of his depth and Donaldson was never going to be anything other than a short term replacement for Magennis.

Utterly ridiculous to release a proven game changer.

Parky out.

2 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 12:00

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Christ you know it’s desperate when you’re relying on Adam LeFondre

3 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 12:00

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Christ you know it’s desperatw when you’re relying on Adam LeFondre

You don't think he would be a better option than the crap on the bench yesterday?

4 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 12:19

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think ALF would have made no difference whatsoever because like Doidge he would be finding space to receive a ball that never arrived. ALF himself experienced the same lack of service which is why he only scored one goal in every 5.14 games for us last season - which by Championship standards is not good enough.

5 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think ALF would have made no difference whatsoever because like Doidge he would be finding space to receive a ball that never arrived. ALF himself experienced the same lack of service which is why he only scored one goal in every 5.14 games for us last season - which by Championship standards is not good enough.

What a load of crap. He was sub for the vast majority of games.

In terms of time played he had a better scoring and assists record than Ameobi.

6 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 13:10

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
To be fair, the game was crying out for a striker like ALF or Klasnic. Hard to find players like that and hard to keep hold of them when you can’t promise them gametime.

7 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 13:12

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:To be fair, the game was crying out for a striker like ALF or Klasnic. Hard to find players like that and hard to keep hold of them when you can’t promise them gametime.

Please never put Adam LeFondre in the same sentence as Ivan Klasnic again

8 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:To be fair, the game was crying out for a striker like ALF or Klasnic. Hard to find players like that and hard to keep hold of them when you can’t promise them gametime.

I think it's pretty easy to keep hold of a player who is under contract. Especially a fans favourite like ALF who is highly unlikely to cause a fuss.

9 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 14:41

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We do miss ALF but we will never see what Doidge can do if he only gets the odd 5 or 10 minutes every week will we?

10 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 16:14

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:To be fair, the game was crying out for a striker like ALF or Klasnic. Hard to find players like that and hard to keep hold of them when you can’t promise them gametime.

I think it's pretty easy to keep hold of a player who is under contract. Especially a fans favourite like ALF who is highly unlikely to cause a fuss.

Why would ALF be unlikekly to make a fuss? Wasn’t it Anderson who sanctioned the move anyway?

11 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 16:28

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Pretty sure it was ALF who wanted to go.

12 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 16:33

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Yes he did Karly not surprising really, on the bench in Bolton or playing every week in Oz.

13 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:07

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
But new talisman Adam Le Fondre has hit the ground running - scoring three goals in his first two Sky Blue appearances.

The 31-year-old forward hit the back of the net twice, including a stunning wonder strike, in a 2-1 friendly win over Newcastle Jets on Wednesday, adding to his single goal in the 3-0 victory against India's under 23's last month.

14 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:23

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Juke was another player we might have kept after the loan... Seems to be doing well now!

Lukas Jutkiewicz scored a hat-trick as Birmingham City extended their unbeaten run to eight games with victory over Rotherham.
The Blues striker scored twice from close range in the space of three first-half minutes to give the hosts a deserved 2-0 half-time lead.
He drilled the ball through a crowd of players to complete his first senior career treble after the break.

15 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:27

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why would ALF be unlikekly to make a fuss? Wasn’t it Anderson who sanctioned the move anyway?

He's not the sort of spoilt twat that would refuse to play just because the club wouldn't let him move to Australia.

I don't believe if Parky wanted to keep ALF that Ken would have ignored his wishes. It's not like we were getting a fee for ALF.

16 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:37

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I’m sure Parky sanctioned it too, clearly he’d rather have Doidge. Time will tell if that’s the right move.

Can’t agree with you about Alf not being the type to kick off, you’ve no idea what he’s like.

17 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:38

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Iles tweeting he asked Parky about why not play with 2 strikers and Parky said he did, ‘Erhun Oztumer is a striker’.

18 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:56

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
ALF might have made a massive difference.

He might have made no difference whatsoever.

He's that kind of player really, or at least he was last season. 

I'd much rather have Magennis in the squad, no doubt about it. It's early days sure but Parky deserves credit for bringing him in.

19 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'd much rather have Magennis in the squad, no doubt about it. It's early days sure but Parky deserves credit for bringing him in.

You massive bellend, we're talking about someone to play alongside Magennis.

ALF had potential to change matches, and on our budget it's very rare to have that sort of player.

20 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 07 2018, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Can’t agree with you about Alf not being the type to kick off, you’ve no idea what he’s like.

It's extremely rare for a fans favourite to kick off and refuse to play.

ALF has always been a model pro, I'm sure he would have given 100% on the pitch if Parky had denied his move.

21 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Mon Oct 08 2018, 10:45

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's gone and whilst you can always make a case for what a former player might or might not have done - even Tom Eaves scored a worldy at the weekend - once they're gone you just have to move on.

22 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Mon Oct 08 2018, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He's gone and whilst you can always make a case for what a former player might or might not have done - even Tom Eaves scored a worldy at the weekend - once they're gone you just have to move on.

You're right, football fans only ever discuss the future :facepalm:

23 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Mon Oct 08 2018, 13:39

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He's gone and whilst you can always make a case for what a former player might or might not have done - even Tom Eaves scored a worldy at the weekend - once they're gone you just have to move on.

You're right, football fans only ever discuss the future :facepalm:
In that case I would suggest that there are a lot better players than ALF that we have let go for one reason or another. Bring back Worthy!

24 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:17

Nigelbwfc


David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He's gone and whilst you can always make a case for what a former player might or might not have done - even Tom Eaves scored a worldy at the weekend - once they're gone you just have to move on.

You're right, football fans only ever discuss the future :facepalm:
In that case I would suggest that there are a lot better players than ALF that we have let go for one reason or another. Bring back Worthy!
Bring back Nic Amelia. He didn't want to leave the place and is on record as saying he loved it at Bolton. The best years of his career, he said somewhere.

25 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:26

Nigelbwfc


David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parky has made plenty of mistakes over the last couple of seasons, but none is looking bigger than releasing Le Fondre half way through his contract.

That game yesterday was crying out for someone to play alongside Magennis, even if only for the last 30 minutes. Many times ALF changed the game with a goal or clever assist, we simply don't have anyone of his calibre on the bench. Doidge looks out of his depth and Donaldson was never going to be anything other than a short term replacement for Magennis.

Utterly ridiculous to release a proven game changer.

Parky out.

Alf wanted to go.If I was Alf I'd have gone to OZ too. 

Alf is plaupla in a league that is on par with our none league and is enjoying the sunshine. 

No one could use him in the UK, not even Hibs under Lennon. His days are numbered in football and he's gone there for one last pay day.

Good luck to him. However, he's not what we need.

26 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:39

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Alf wanted to go.If I was Alf I'd have gone to OZ too. 

Alf is plaupla in a league that is on par with our none league and is enjoying the sunshine. 

No one could use him in the UK, not even Hibs under Lennon. His days are numbered in football and he's gone there for one last pay day.

Good luck to him. However, he's not what we need.

What a load of bollocks. He is exactly what want, something a bit different. He changed more games than anyone last season - and had more goals & assists than any other player when time played is taken into account. Notts Forest wasn't that long ago.

Does anyone think letting Alf go for free and signing Doidge for £1m is going to be good business?

And whether he wanted to go isn't the issue. He was under contract and should have been told to see out his contract.

27 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:45

Nigelbwfc


David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Alf wanted to go.If I was Alf I'd have gone to OZ too. 

Alf is plaupla in a league that is on par with our none league and is enjoying the sunshine. 

No one could use him in the UK, not even Hibs under Lennon. His days are numbered in football and he's gone there for one last pay day.

Good luck to him. However, he's not what we need.

What a load of bollocks. He is exactly what want, something a bit different. He changed more games than anyone last season - and had more goals & assists than any other player when time played is taken into account. Notts Forest wasn't that long ago.

Does anyone think letting Alf go for free and signing Doidge for £1m is going to be good business?

And whether he wanted to go isn't the issue. He was under contract and should have been told to see out his contract.
His head would have gone down and he would have been spoiling the dressing room togetherness. 

Besides, I think your forgetting the politics. Alf, I suspect was one of the ones that helped in the strike. Board were always going to get rid asap.

28 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 13:49

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:His head would have gone down and he would have been spoiling the dressing room togetherness. 

Besides, I think your forgetting the politics. Alf, I suspect was one of the ones that helped in the strike. Board were always going to get rid asap.

Alf has been benched by a series of clubs over the years, it's common knowledge he is one of the few gentleman left in the game, who hasn't caused trouble for anyone.

I think it's more likely the club thought they could spend his wage on someone better. How's that working out so far?

29 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 14:32

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:His head would have gone down and he would have been spoiling the dressing room togetherness. 

Besides, I think your forgetting the politics. Alf, I suspect was one of the ones that helped in the strike. Board were always going to get rid asap.

Alf has been benched by a series of clubs over the years, it's common knowledge he is one of the few gentleman left in the game, who hasn't caused trouble for anyone.

I think it's more likely the club thought they could spend his wage on someone better. How's that working out so far?
Pretty good. At this stage last season with ALF in the squad we were bottom of the league and had 2 points.

30 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 14:54

Nigelbwfc


David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:His head would have gone down and he would have been spoiling the dressing room togetherness. 

Besides, I think your forgetting the politics. Alf, I suspect was one of the ones that helped in the strike. Board were always going to get rid asap.

Alf has been benched by a series of clubs over the years, it's common knowledge he is one of the few gentleman left in the game, who hasn't caused trouble for anyone.

I think it's more likely the club thought they could spend his wage on someone better. How's that working out so far?
Pretty good. At this stage last season with ALF in the squad we were bottom of the league and had 2 points.
Oh don't spoil the debate with facts.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum