Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton captain David Wheater on Blackburn defeat and home form

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are working hard to fix their home form but David Wheater has played down the damage done by derby defeat to Blackburn Rovers.

Only Ipswich, Hull and Reading have taken fewer points on home soil in the Championship this season – and Bolton’s latest loss ensured some negative vibes would continue to circulate through the international break.

Wheater maintains the performance against Rovers was one of Wanderers’ better at home this term but admits there is much room for improvement.

“It was a disappointing result, you can’t get around that, but I don’t think we played that badly,” he told The Bolton News. “I don’t think there will be any great damage done to us.

“We had some good chances, their keeper made a great save, we had one off the line, got into some good positions but didn’t make the right decisions at the right moment.

“Their goal was a scrappy one. We could have dealt with that before they got in the penalty box.

“The gaffer has said his piece. There’s been something at home where we don’t seem to switch on. We’ve let teams have the ball and don’t seem to get going until we’ve given them a lead.

“But there’s no crisis meetings, no point panicking. It’s obvious what we need to sort and we’ve got some time now in training to get it done.”

Wanderers are back in action on October 20 at Rotherham United but will train throughout the international break, aside for a long weekend.

The game cannot come soon enough for Wheater, who it itching to get going after a frustrating 90 minutes against Rovers.

“It’s great when you win going into the break and the table looks good, but when you get beat it’s terrible,” he said. “You can train but it’s not the same as a match.

“We want to get back out there. I’m not keen on international breaks. And I’m not sure what this Nations League thing is about… it’s rubbish.

“We’d all rather be playing a game but we’ll have to be patient and make sure we’re ready at Rotherham.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum