Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Forest

+16
wessy
Jack Russell
bryan458
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Dunkels King
observer
boltonbonce
Growler
gloswhite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Social media is in meltdown with Parkinson out messages, at last most people have seen the light, he'll get another job, piss poor managers seem to pop up all over the shop.

62Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:15

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Signing up second tier reject midfielders on frees and third tier strikers is coming home to roost.Parky won't be sacked because Ken won't spend the money needed to pay him off and hire another one.

63Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:16

wessy wrote:I try not to jump on the manager out bandwagon, but tonight was truly awful. Once the team was named it was game over, playing three midfield players that cannot offer an ounce of creativity gives us little to no chance going forward add in two wingers that had the touch of a moose in wellingtons and two full backs who are off the pace due to lack of games and you get what you deserve sweet FA.

I do not buy in to the need to rotate, no player ever had a good game sat on the bench, players thrive on games and DO NOT need to rest it's bollocks, the great teams in the 70's played 60 plus games and only changed the team for injury or poor form. We are not good enough to switch 4 players each game.

Completely agree with this, losing Oklowski also a blow.

64Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well that was a piss poor performance by both team and manager. Parky is clueless and changes personnel and formation on a weekly basis.
The midfield tonight were all shocking, Williams looked like a little boy playing a mans game and Lowe and Vela weren't any better. Why does every team that comes to us look like Barcelona while we can't even string 3 passes together?
We have no attacking threat and again Parky puts square pegs in round holes. Why was Donaldson playing left wing and Noone playing left back by the end? Magennis gets no support upfront, we need to be more attacking at home and look to take the game to the opposition. Parky still persists with 2 holding midfielders at home and one striker and it will cost us this season.
I've never been a massive fan of Parky and my patience is wearing very very thin.......

65Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We ain't relegated yet...just working on it but sadly for us, Anderson's gamble continues to seem to be falling down around him. We can only hope that Parkinson can find the right combination to win a few games and get a bit of momentum in the right direction.

66Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 00:37

Big change needed for Hull, Oz and Doidge in from the start - nothing left to lose.

67Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 08:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I've never really been one of the 'Parky out' brigade but christ alive that was absolutely dire. I honestly feel sorry for the season ticket holders who turn up week in week out to watch this anti football. It's become pretty clear that we're not moving forward in any way shape or form and I don't know how much longer we can continue on without being cast adrift. I know we are still a few points clear of the drop zone but it's a matter of time. As I said, I've never been a Parky hater and have respected all he's done but even I'm struggling to find any sort of defence for him now. I'm one of the walk ups who goes when the opportunity arises if I'm not working or whatever but there's no way in hell I'm shelling out 30 odd quid of my hard earned cash to watch this absolute dross. I couldn't even watch until the end last night. I just couldn't take anymore. I'd be reticent to even give Parky a few more games. It's the way it is and clearly won't change. Enough is enough now I think.

68Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 08:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn’t say parky is a bad manager, best since allardyce in fact. But he’s taken us as far as he can, we need a fresh approach to challenge in this league

69Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That first 45 minutes was the worst 45 minutes I have ever witnessed.

You can bang on about lack of funds but any professional footballer at any level should be giving 100%. Can anyone who went last night say, hand on heart, that those players gave a shit? And secondly, any professional footballer at any level should be able to pass a ball 5 yards when under no pressure. He should be able to control a ball under no pressure. He should be able to shoot straight when under no pressure. None of our players can do the basics. Let me tell you now, the part-time players of Chorley are better with the ball at their feet than all of the Bolton team.

I was ashamed of the players last night.

As for the manager, he needs to go now before we lose any more fans. No one, not even the hardcore, are going to keep coming if they're forced to watch that shite for much longer. This ridiculous squad rotation is killing us. Who does it benefit, surely if you're a footballer you want to play every match possible? I fully agree with what wessy said earlier in this thread - squad rotation is an utter nonsense with this squad. Pick what you think is your best team and fucking stick with it for a few weeks.

Parky seems to be scared to try and win games. That sort of management has no long term future. I hope Ken sees this and gets rid. Yes, it'll cost us a few quid, but long term it will destroy what little fanbase we have left.

To those idiots saying "careful what you wish for", it is fucking impossible to get any worse than a 3-0 home defeat "playing" like that. It is soul destroying.

Parky out.

70Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:47

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:That first 45 minutes was the worst 45 minutes I have ever witnessed.

You can bang on about lack of funds but any professional footballer at any level should be giving 100%. Can anyone who went last night say, hand on heart, that those players gave a shit? And secondly, any professional footballer at any level should be able to pass a ball 5 yards when under no pressure. He should be able to control a ball under no pressure. He should be able to shoot straight when under no pressure. None of our players can do the basics. Let me tell you now, the part-time players of Chorley are better with the ball at their feet than all of the Bolton team.

I was ashamed of the players last night.

As for the manager, he needs to go now before we lose any more fans. No one, not even the hardcore, are going to keep coming if they're forced to watch that shite for much longer. This ridiculous squad rotation is killing us. Who does it benefit, surely if you're a footballer you want to play every match possible? I fully agree with what wessy said earlier in this thread - squad rotation is an utter nonsense with this squad. Pick what you think is your best team and fucking stick with it for a few weeks.

Parky seems to be scared to try and win games. That sort of management has no long term future. I hope Ken sees this and gets rid. Yes, it'll cost us a few quid, but long term it will destroy what little fanbase we have left.

To those idiots saying "careful what you wish for", it is fucking impossible to get any worse than a 3-0 home defeat "playing" like that. It is soul destroying.

Parky out.
Exactly correct.  Excessive squad rotation and no one seems to know where they are supposed to be or have any feeling for the squad around them.  KA has to finally recognize the fans are leaving because of the play.  I would think KA would sell as fast as possible... 538 has us 4th from the bottom now for the drop... this after a great run at the top of the season.  Can this be due to one player Sammy Ameobi getting injured?  I agree with Nat that the club is being mismanaged and I think we need to stick with an eleven who can learn to play together.  Yes, we have 3 matches in a week.  The only changes needed are those who are injured.  This seems to be a soulless team with no direction.  This is as bad as our first eleven weeks last season.

71Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-3 Nottingham Forest

Bolton Wanderers were defeated 3-0 by Nottingham Forest in the Sky Bet Championship on Wednesday evening.

Team News

Manager Phil Parkinson made five changes to the line-up that started at Rotherham United.

Mark Little and Josh Vela both came in to replace Pawel Olkowski and Gary O’Neil, with Craig Noone, Yanic Wildschut and Andrew Taylor coming in for Marc Wilson, Clayton Donaldson and Lloyd Dyer.

First Half

Five minutes in and Yanic Wildschut had the first chance on goal for Wanderers, as his long range effort flew inches away from the target.

Moments later and Forest took the lead through Joe Lolley, as the forward curled his effort into the top right corner from 15 yards.

With only minutes of the first period remaining, Lolley stung the gloves of Ben Alnwick at his near post with a fierce shot from close range.

Second Half

Wanderers came out with some menace early on, with a Joe Williams whipped cross into the area narrowly missing the intended targets on Clayton Donaldson and Craig Noone.

Forest were awarded a penalty when Mark Little had been adjudged to have brought down Lewis Grabban in the penalty area.

Forest top scorer’s penalty was then saved by Ben Alnwick fantastically well, getting down to his left and palming it for a corner.

Aitor Karanka’s men doubled their lead just after the hour mark, as Lewis Grabban latched onto a through ball and ultimately dispatched it past an onrushing Alnwick.

The Whites went on the search for a goal, with a Noone free-kick finding the head of Josh Magennis, but the Northern Irishman was unable to put his effort on target.

Second half substitute Matty Cash nearly provided Lewis Grabban with Forest’s third, but the winger’s ball across goal was just out of reach for the forward.

Joe Williams had an effort at goal with thirteen minutes to spare in the second period, but his powerful strike on goal finished just over the crossbar.

Cash played another great cross field ball to Grabban to set away the marksman, but David Wheater was back to block the danger.

With eight minutes to spare, Alnwick was believed to have fouled Lewis Grabban in the area, as he ultimately scored from 12 yards to extend Forest’s lead to three.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick, Little, Taylor (Doidge 85), Lowe (Oztumer 69), Vela, Noone, Hobbs, Williams, Magennis, Wildschut (Donaldson 45), Wheater (C).

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Murphy, Wilson, Dyer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

72Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 12:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with what has been said about excessive squad rotation.

How will we cope when we're in Europe?

73Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 12:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:
How will we cope when we're in Europe?
I wouldn't trust Parkinson to write a song good enough.

74Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 18:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Apart from the squad rotation, there were no tactics, enthusiasm, or apparent game plan. The good old-fashioned things.
Why have failed to start playing in virtually the whole of the first half, and usually waiting until we are behind before we make a half-arsed attempt. These players have shown they can play, and, to my mind, the common denominator in all the games is Parky's inability to adapt to a game, let alone during one, not to mention his floundering in deciding what team and how we start with.
It really is time he stood down.

75Bolton 0-3 Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest Thu Oct 25 2018, 21:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Wouldn’t say parky is a bad manager, best since allardyce in fact. But he’s taken us as far as he can, we need a fresh approach to challenge in this league
As I have said before.....nice Lad to have a pint with but as far as footy....League One is his level.

I have to laugh it's only a month ago there were blokes on here talking about a pushing for top six...even parky or ken said something about it in an interview. Rolling Eyes   I think the Bookies are feeling much better at the moment.

Onwards to Saturday cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum