Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We'll get it right, says Parkinson ahead of Aston Villa clash

+2
gloswhite
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson insists he will find the right formula at Wanderers to get their season back on track.

A shift in formation and seven changes in personnel failed to bring about an upturn in form against Hull City on Saturday. But the Bolton boss drew some encouragement from the performance, if not the result.

Wanderers visit Aston Villa on Friday night with Jason Lowe back in the squad after suspension. Sammy Ameobi has made progress on the training ground but will not be fit enough to feature in the game, televised on Sky Sports.

Parkinson has not ruled out making more changes for the trip to the Midlands but accepts searching for a settled, in-form line-up does have its downsides.

“We’re looking to make ourselves more potent in front of goal, get us creating things,” he said. “And to be honest, we’ve probably created more against Hull City than we had in the last few games.

“Do we want a settled team? It’s a fair question, it does take time to find – but I think the lads have adapted well, they have done everything we’ve asked of them.

“I think we have to have belief in the shape we are playing and there were some signs that we’re starting to get that. It will come, I’m sure of it. There are more goals in this group of players and we will find them.”

Parkinson also underlined that the change to a back three against Hull had been pre-planned and not a reaction to the Forest defeat a few days earlier.

Wanderers have used the last two international breaks to work on alternative formations to the 4-2-3-1 which has primarily been used in the Championship.

“It’s a shape we worked on previously in the international break, so Friday’s training session was about reminding everyone of their roles in that shape,” he said.

“All the things we worked on, worked well. I think the shape was pretty good.

“We got into the positions but that finish, or someone producing a moment of quality to win a game of football was lacking. But it will come.”

Source

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have nothing against Parky, and feel he's done well for us, overall, but for a manager to come out with the comment below, is just ridiculous. 
“Do we want a settled team? It’s a fair question, it does take time to find – but I think the lads have adapted well, they have done everything we’ve asked of them.
Why is he still asking this, after 15 games ? If the players have done everything asked of them, then its obvious that the management decisions are very wrong. At this rate, I can see only one solution, someone should tell Parky he only has 14 players, and let him work from there, Letting someone else pick the 14 players may go some way to help him make decisions. 
Ordinarily, its better to make a wrong decision than no decision, as it can be corrected, but to make a wrong decision and then fiddle and faff about, isn't good for anyone. Its at times like this his managerial expertise should be coming to the fore, and it doesn't appear to be.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Will one of you clever people with time on their hands work out how many players he's used so far this season please?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Will one of you clever people with time on their hands work out how many players he's used so far this season please?
You mean someone who can count?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:Will one of you clever people with time on their hands work out how many players he's used so far this season please?
He's used 25 players in total, so far.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not so much the number as the amount of changes in every game that annoys me. You are going to need a big squad to cope with injuries but the constant chopping and changing doesn't help anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum