Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back into the relegation battle!

+5
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
observer
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Back into the relegation battle! Empty Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 17:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great start... horrible 12 matches... Parky seems to be going in streaks... like last season!  Never have a starting eleven (criminal to me)... and this time it might just bite us in the ass!

2Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree, it's looking grim.

I don't know where our next points are coming from.

We can't defend and we haven't got one striker who strikes.

3Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:46

We've got massive problems at the moment, the lack of quality up front has become increasingly apparent. Personally I think Donaldson needs a partner to be at his most effective, same for Doidge. Our wingers are the weakest link for me, too inconsistent - but the lack of options is scary.

4Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Played correctly this squad is more than capable of a mid table finish, two up front is a must, one holding midfielder and go 5-3-2 forget the wingers they aren't good enough apart from maybe Ameobi, stick to a system and same team barring injuries and get some momentum going, unfortunately Parkinson is not the man to carry out this plan with his constant system and team changes, it's November FFS and he still doesn't know his best system/team.

5Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:53

MartinBWFC wrote:Played correctly this squad is more than capable of a mid table finish, two up front is a must, one holding midfielder and go 5-3-2 forget the wingers they aren't good enough apart from maybe Ameobi, stick to a system and same team barring injuries and get some momentum going, unfortunately Parkinson is not the man to carry out this plan with his constant system and team changes, it's November FFS and he still doesn't know his best system/team.

Lowe's the only holding midfielder in the squad so not much choice on that, glad to see we're on the same wavelength overall - although 532 has never really convinced for us IMO.

What makes you think this is a midtable squad? We don't have a single players who's played consistently for a midtable side over the past 3/4 years that I can think of?

We're relegation fodder in every way, but we must stay up. Parky's got his work cut out.

6Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a team of weak links, the wingers are the weakest.

I've said it before, I'd play Little on the right wing - fuck knows who should be on the left though.

7Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:In a team of weak links, the wingers are the weakest.

I've said it before, I'd play Little on the right wing - fuck knows who should be on the left though.

Agree with you, think he's probably a better wing back than Oklowski so possibly a 352 could work, as you say the left remains an issue though. Dyer not looking up to it - not a massive surprise given his age.

8Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lets see how they go on with Ameobi back although it'll take a few games to get him back up to speed. He might be able to do something useful alongside Magennis or Donaldson.
A fit Ireland also might be able to contribute something to make them a better set of strikers.
I'm not giving up hope yet but on the evidence so far most (not all) of Parky's summer signing have proved to be dross.
 I see Evans and Danns, not good enough for us, are scoring for their new teams

9Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see Ameobi as the answer. Yes, great threat on his day, but his day comes around once a month at best. Plus he's always going to have long periods out injured.

Ireland hasn't played for about 200 years so he's probably going to be shit.

The only thing that can stop the rot is a change of manager, in the (slim) hope he can get these players motivated for the job ahead. We can stay up, but something has to change soon because the teams below us all look better than us right now.

10Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:00

He’s going to need a result fast that’s for sure, he did well in the summer with no budget. Hobbs, Olkowski, Lowe, Oz and Magennis look like decent additions compared to what we let go. Unfortunately, we’ve never replaced Madines goals. So either Ken needs to back Parky and get a striker in January, or let him go.

11Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely he's already backed him by getting Doidge?

12Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:10

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:In a team of weak links, the wingers are the weakest.

How many quid did we pay for "Fuck knows?" and what jersey # does he wear?  Must have missed him on the team sheet!

13Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:11

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't see Ameobi as the answer. Yes, great threat on his day, but his day comes around once a month at best. Plus he's always going to have long periods out injured.

Ireland hasn't played for about 200 years so he's probably going to be shit.

The only thing that can stop the rot is a change of manager, in the (slim) hope he can get these players motivated for the job ahead. We can stay up, but something has to change soon because the teams below us all look better than us right now.
Afraid to disagree with you but those teams will not be below us for much longer!!!!!!!!

14Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:Surely he's already backed him by getting Doidge?

Possibly, I’m more saying in the event Doidge doesn’t start scoring (I think he will to be honest, I like the look of him) and results don’t pick up by January, Anderson’s either got to invest in transfers to keep us up or sack Parky and hope another manager gets us going.

15Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sun Nov 04 2018, 15:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Parky is giving Doidge so little playing time that we are not getting a true picture of how good he is.

My fear is the he will be banging the goals in next season in League 1.

16Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sun Nov 04 2018, 15:10

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:Parky is giving Doidge so little playing time that we are not getting a true picture of how good he is.

For us?

17Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Sun Nov 04 2018, 15:21

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Parky is giving Doidge so little playing time that we are not getting a true picture of how good he is.

For us?
Yes, for us.

Unless KA somehow manages to pull out of the completion of his purchase, to save money.

Don't know if that is even possible?

Does anyone know how much cash has actually been paid at this point?

18Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Mon Nov 05 2018, 07:01

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not sure Parky knows who his best starting 11 are. You can tell he's getting desperate as his formation and starting 11 changes from game to game.

19Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Mon Nov 05 2018, 08:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He doesn't have a clue what his best 11 are or what formation they should play and it's laughable now, How can a team be a team when he makes at least 5 changes every game?

None of the wingers we have have performed over recent weeks so stick with a 352, at least we get 2 upfront!

20Back into the relegation battle! Empty Re: Back into the relegation battle! Mon Nov 05 2018, 08:51

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Parky doesn't know the most suitable system for his squad of players let alone which ones make his best team.At a football club with normal aspirations for the football team he would have been sacked over a year ago.But we're just existing as a football club at the moment for the owner to make a nice income out of our meagre revenue until he sells the club on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum