Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hillsborough tragedy.

+11
chipbutty
Lyric Todkill
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
mark leach
largehat
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
TheHateCamel
Reebok Trotter
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty The Hillsborough tragedy. Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting documentary on ITV now. A terrible tragedy which changed the face of football in the UK. The papers are released this week but I can't see any massive revelations on the horizon. The only good thing to come out of the events that followed is that football fans are no longer penned in and treated like animals.

2The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 14:31

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I still maintain the one book that EVERY football fan should read is Parklife. Amazing account of Hillsborough and it's effect on the modern game.

3The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 14:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be honest this was before my time and im completely 100% ignorent of it.

I know nothing about it.

But what is this whole "dont read the sun" thing?

4The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 14:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Sun under the leadership of Kelvin McKenzie laid the blame for the tragedy on drunken Liverpool fans forcing their way through the turnstiles without tickets.

5The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 14:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And i assume that notion was put to bed?

6The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 14:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should find out for certain in the next few days. One of the most disturbing aspects that has been reported is that a blood sample was taken from all of the victims to check their alcohol levels. When you consider that the majority of the victims were already in the ground and were crushed into the steel barricades by the crowd from behind I cannot see how their blood/alcohol levels could have any bearing.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:13; edited 1 time in total

7The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 16:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I don't know if there will be any revelations in the next few days but I believe the accepted view now is that the police fucked up and they (slavishly followed by The Sun and most of the media) blamed the fans.

8The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 17:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What's terrible about all this is that it MAY have been down to a lack of security (ie police and stewards) or just plain ignorance by every party involved.

The police and stewards blame the fans.
The fans blame the police and stewards.

I believe it was a combination of the 2, a chain of events that should have been 'nipped in the bud' but was allowed to escalate. either way hundreds of 'extra' fans found there way in to the stand - whether they were drunk or not shouldn't even be an issue.

Call me cold hearted, but I think the only way some of the families are going to find closure with this is if they accept that what happened... happened. the families want a scapegoat - they want somebody to blame for the death of their loved ones, they need to accept that they died due to a terrible chain of events that various parties were responsible for. I'm not saying 'stop being soft and get over it' but I have a feeling certain families are now milking this for all its worth - newspaper interviews, books, videos etc. im sorry, but they are... there is a lot of money in tragedy im afraid.

Think its time whoever is responsible for the billionth enquiry to say, it happened, it was terrible but some of the fans were at fault just as much as the police were, to accept that and let them rest in peace...

9The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 17:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnden_Park_disaster

we are no strangers to what happens when you allow to many people in to ta football ground...

The reason for my above post is based on the above link - closure has been found on the burnden park disaster now - the only reason why we dont go on about this year after year, along with may other football tragedies such as the Valley Parade fire or the Ibrox disaster is becasue those disasters did not involve 2 'massive' clubs... again, all me cold and callous but its true.

There is a much bigger bandwagon regarding Hillsbrough and the Munich tragedy as well - because they involve European powerhouses of football.

This appears to make them more important in the scheme of things - they are not, all football tragedies are terrible and should be treated as such...

10The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 18:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebel, are Juventus bigger than Nottingham Forest? Because I don't hear people "going on" about Heysel.

11The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 18:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That WAS down to idiot hooligans from liverpool, it does not get talked about as much for this reason...the liverpool fans have nodody to blame except other liverpool fans.

Fans cant be sued for it...

12The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Tue Sep 11 2012, 18:34

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The tragedy was caused by too many scouse fans trying to get in the stand just before kick off.

13The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 11:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

mark leach wrote:The tragedy was caused by too many scouse fans trying to get in the stand just before kick off.

In short, yes it was...

14The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 12:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Some liverpool fan has been on the radio saying he and some group he supports for this, think it's a cover up and wants an apology from david cameron.

Sorry what part of this could possibly be a ''cover up''? Too many liverpool fans turned up on the day, obviously the police shouldn't have let them in but if a foodball stand is full but you still pile in the stand what did they think would happen?

You would think liverpool fans would have learned from this tragedy but they still do it to this day by bringing to many fans and try getting in without tickets.

15The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cameron has apologised for the incompetence and dishonesty of the police and coroner - see the BBC news for more.

Isn't this the same Yorkshire police force that was so useless at catching the Yorkshire Ripper? Not that any of them have been punished of course.

16The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the fans did nothing wrong.

honestly i don't understand it and never will.

17The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

However they dress it up, the 96 who died were crushed by their own fans trying to force their way into the stadium just before kick off.

If they hadn't opened the turnstiles, casualties would have occurred on the concourse outside the stand.

18The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:28

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:So the fans did nothing wrong.

honestly i don't understand it and never will.

we live in a society of blame...

if anybody dies, regardless of how... its SOMEBODY'S fault, it has to be, otherwise there would be nobody to claim compensation from...

however much of a total wanker i think he is, I fail to see what this has to do with David Cameron though...

19The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:51

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19543964

Cameron... you complete, total and utter PUSSY!

so all the fans that turned up had tickets, were totally sober and they wouldn't have died (in a fucking cage!) if the police and ambulance service would have 'acted quicker'?

fuck me, I feel I may have a compensation case here of my own, my granddad died while walking down a backstreet, a copper found him and rang an ambulance, but he was already dead by the time he was found...

the fucking useless twat of a copper, if he has been walking his beat faster, he may have lived!

sorry, but im really pissed off with the cop-out bullshit about this...

Its all over facebook now and #Justiceforthe96 is trending on twitter apparently, tell me exactly - WHAT justice has been done exactly?

20The Hillsborough tragedy. Empty Re: The Hillsborough tragedy. Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

this one got me...

But Anne Williams, the mother of Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams,
has called for the government to open a new inquest under section 13 of
the Coroner's Act.

She claims Kevin was still alive at 16:00 on the day of the disaster and did not die from traumatic asphyxia.

sorry he died, I really am ... but how do you know this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum