Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi to QPR ?

+3
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jussi to QPR ? Empty Jussi to QPR ? Sun Jan 22 2012, 12:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting article in the Express.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Sun Jan 22 2012, 12:38

He's been a good keeper, but I doubt whether he'd want to be no2 next season which I suspect he will if he stays.

But I did enjoy the following words in that article:

Zat Knight is a free agent at the end of the season.

3Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Sun Jan 22 2012, 13:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect that having his wages cut from 40,000 to 20,000 per week will not please Jussi. He is happily settled in Bolton with his wife and kids so it will be interesting to see if QPR do come in with an offer.

4Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Sun Jan 22 2012, 18:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A tidy pay cut is that, but I am sure he can live on 20k a week if he is happily settled in bolton.

Must be some truth in the rumour as I have heard it's in a few papers.

5Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:13

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He's a grown man - how is he expected to live on 20K a week? Ridiculous! I'd love to be insulted in like manner! Razz

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Thu Jan 26 2012, 15:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

yup he needs to be on his way too.

7Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:07

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In all fairness to Jussi asking someone to take a 50 percent paycut is ridiculous, you may as well offer them nothing at all. Realistically, offering him a 25 percent paycut might be acceptable, but you can't expect anyone to accept that.

8Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This is the opposite to a concept you may be familiar with, Il Padrino - Jussi has been given "... an offer he can't accept".

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:11

Il Padrino wrote:In all fairness to Jussi asking someone to take a 50 percent paycut is ridiculous, you may as well offer them nothing at all. Realistically, offering him a 25 percent paycut might be acceptable, but you can't expect anyone to accept that.

Depends what he's on I guess.

If he's on £40k per week, is he going to get more than £20k per week elsewhere?

But I guess his ego would rather go elsewhere for less than stay at a 50% reduction.

10Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Realistically, how much time has Jussi got left at the top level ? It's common knowledge that he has a back problem and doesn't train with Bogdan and Lainton and hasn't done all season..

Who was the goalkeeper for us who went in nets at Macclesfield away for the warm up ? We were right behind the goals and he made a few very decent saves.

11Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Fri Jan 27 2012, 09:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:Realistically, how much time has Jussi got left at the top level ? It's common knowledge that he has a back problem and doesn't train with Bogdan and Lainton and hasn't done all season..

Who was the goalkeeper for us who went in nets at Macclesfield away for the warm up ? We were right behind the goals and he made a few very decent saves.

Would it not have been Lainton?

I know he was in nets for the warm up against Macc at home.

12Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Sat Jan 28 2012, 17:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only thing that worries me is that Bogdan hasn't had long enough to show the consistency required and Lainton hasn't had a chance so it may be a bit of a gamble depending on 2 relatively inexperienced goalies. But if we can get away with it, the bank balance would be healthier.

13Jussi to QPR ? Empty Re: Jussi to QPR ? Sat Jan 28 2012, 17:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Saw Lainton play at the pre-season game against Hereford and thought he played very well. Definitely has a future. Problem of course is that if Bogdan takes over as number one, then we have two very young goal keepers, and that won't work out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum