Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alan Nixon bigging up Ollie for the Blackburn job.

+5
terenceanne
Lyric Todkill
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely this story is complete bollox.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The seasiders gaffer keeps chickens at his Lancashire home making him the perfect fit for Rovers Indian owners who made their fortune from poultry farming.

Brilliant journalism, if that isn't a good enough reason to give him the job I don't know what is.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed. In the same newspaper we have an article by Dave Kidd called ' Shark Tale-Spin'.

Like all great long-running sitcoms, there was always a worry that the Venky's ownership of Blackburn would stretch credibility a little too far and lose the plot.
By introducing ' global advisor ' Shabby Singh into the storyline the cowboys and Indians in charge at Ewood Park might have reached such a moment.
In an interview this week, Singh said, "v I'm not here to breathe down the next manager's neck. I'll be his biggest supporter. The new manager must understand he will not have two or three seasons to build the club-he will be under pressure straight away".

Who in their right mind would want to manage a club with the likes of Singh behind the scenes ? I can't see ollie being that daft.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

OneOinCoyle wrote:The seasiders gaffer keeps chickens at his Lancashire home making him the perfect fit for Rovers Indian owners who made their fortune from poultry farming.

Excellent! lol!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be gobsmacked if Ollie even considered that poisoned chalice.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:I'd be gobsmacked if Ollie even considered that poisoned chalice.

might depend on the salary package

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard the pie shops in Horwich have stocked up with the expectant return of Kevin Nolan as player manager. cheers

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does KD not fancy going into management when he hangs up his boots. He could be our player manager.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:Does KD not fancy going into management when he hangs up his boots. He could be our player manager.
I don't reckon BKD would make a decent manager tbh. I wouldn't have him as our captain either. When do you ever see him bollocking or motivating the rest of the team?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

yep, true. especially as thats his bloody job on the park

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Does KD not fancy going into management when he hangs up his boots. He could be our player manager.
I don't reckon BKD would make a decent manager tbh. I wouldn't have him as our captain either. When do you ever see him bollocking or motivating the rest of the team?

I wouldn't have him as a player

So, a non-playing/managing, player manager?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some have suggested that SKD might be a good manager after retirement ..... this is not an anti SKD comment but I just wonder what criteria would suggest that?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

terenceanne wrote:Some have suggested that SKD might be a good manager after retirement ..... this is not an anti SKD comment but I just wonder what criteria would suggest that?

Quite.

There are still people who think Bryan Robson was a good manager and loonies who think it would be a good idea to have Shearer as a manager. Being a good manager has nothing to do with having been a good footballer.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Still think Davies has a role as a player (And hes proved it in my opinion, getting goals and assists in a poor team). But I agree hes not manager material, good coach perhaps, maybe even assistant, but not a manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum