Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walk4Emma

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Walk4Emma Empty Walk4Emma Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not sure if you're allowed to advertise this kind of thing on here but it has something to do with bwfc so here goes.

On the 11th February when we play Wigan, at 10.30 in the morning there is going to be a walk in aid of a little girl who is a season ticket holder at the reebok. The walk will be 6miles and start from the DW stadium and finish at the Reebok at about 1.30.

Emma Hoolin is a five year old Wigan girl who is suffering from the childhood cancer, neuroblastoma. Emma has completed her treatment of chemotherapy and radiotherapy at Manchester Royal Childrens Hospital, she is now undergoing six months treatment of Immunotherapy in the United States, this is to give Emma the best chance of long term survival.

http://www.wiganathletic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/walk4emma__cmon_lets_get_involved_722258/index.shtml

Not sure if anyone on here does anything like this but even though she is a wigan fan I thought it may still be approptiate,

Cheers!

2Walk4Emma Empty Re: Walk4Emma Thu Jan 26 2012, 09:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Aaron, in this instance I don't gove a damn which town she is from, or what team she supports (although she has chosen correctly ;-) ). I wholly support her.

I think it is a complete disgrace of our Great Britain that we cannot offer treatment like this, Immunotherapy in this instance, and that people, or in this case a young child, has to raise funds to get the appropriate treatment in another country.

We have such a wonderful facility close to us, Christie's and its offshoots, and yet they cannot get enough funds from either the NHS or the government to do the same treatment here.

3Walk4Emma Empty Re: Walk4Emma Thu Jan 26 2012, 12:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I misread the article in the Bolton News at first, I thought id said she was a bolton fan but she's a latics fan....not that it really matters.

I have always said I would do a run/walk like this for charity so this looks like the ideal one to start with......it's 6.7 miles so not too bad.

4Walk4Emma Empty Re: Walk4Emma Thu Jan 26 2012, 12:49

It's a worthy cause no doubt, I truly hope she makes a full recovery.

5Walk4Emma Empty Re: Walk4Emma Thu Jan 26 2012, 23:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I misread the article in the Bolton News at first, I thought id said she was a bolton fan but she's a latics fan

Damn you!!!!!!! Laughing

But as you say, does it matter whom she supports? - HELL NO!

6Walk4Emma Empty Re: Walk4Emma Thu Jan 26 2012, 23:40

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They had a collection for her earlier this season, when we played at Wigan... hope everything works out for her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum