Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting for a Police Commisioner.

+7
Lyric Todkill
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 10:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Police Authority are being phased out to be replaced by a full-time elected Police Commissioner. Elections take place in November and the candidates are due to be announced on the 26th October.

It is anticipated that there will be 4 commissioners in the North West covering Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire and Merseyside.

Personally, I think it is a good idea. It worked well in Gotham City where Commissioner Gordon did a sterling job.

2Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 10:35

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You're right. Whenever Commissioner Gordon needed to contact Batman he'd send out the Bat Signal.

We could introduce a similar system over here, maybe call it the Twat Signal.

Voting for a Police Commisioner. Twatatsignal

3Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 10:42

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No point voting, it will only be some posh cunt just like mp's who are in it for the money they can get. Fuck all will change...

4Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 10:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:No point voting, it will only be some posh cunt just like mp's who are in it for the money they can get. Fuck all will change...

Interestingly enough, the salary for the appointed commissioner in Greater Manchester is £60 k per annum. I am not certain of the candidates but I am reliably informed that some of them are retired M.P's. They certainly will not be getting my vote.

If Matt Gallagher puts his name forward in Manchester then he definitely has my support. Looking forward to Friday to see who the official candidates are.

5Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 11:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That seems a bit strange when it was reported earlier on BBC that these commissioners will earn between 65,000 and 100,000!!! What gets me is why is the wage so varied, why cannot it be the same for every commissioner? I also understand that London, as usual, are not taking part in these elections!!!!!

6Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:No point voting, it will only be some posh cunt just like mp's who are in it for the money they can get. Fuck all will change...

Rebel, instead of moaning about MPs why don't you do something about it and stand yourself?

7Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Oct 22 2012, 14:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:That seems a bit strange when it was reported earlier on BBC that these commissioners will earn between 65,000 and 100,000!!! What gets me is why is the wage so varied, why cannot it be the same for every commissioner? I also understand that London, as usual, are not taking part in these elections!!!!!

The disparity with the salary all depends on the size of the force and the population of each area. It's hardly fair that the Commissioner for the Cumbria Constabulary earns the same as the Commissioner for the Greater Manchester Police.

8Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Oct 23 2012, 13:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Rebel, instead of moaning about MPs why don't you do something about it and stand yourself?

I think Reebok Rebel would make a cracking commissioner. He would get rid of the political correctness bullshit that has pervaded every aspect of modern day policing.

9Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Oct 23 2012, 13:55

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think Reebok Rebel would make a cracking commissioner. He would get rid of the political correctness bullshit that has pervaded every aspect of modern day policing.

Don't be modest - go for it yourself, RT!
Voting for a Police Commisioner. RT_zpse4588492

10Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Oct 23 2012, 13:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More medals than Amin and Gaddafi put together! I could just see myself holding court in that outfit. Perhaps I should have a haircut ?

11Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Oct 23 2012, 17:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

and a face-lift !

12Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell, you couldn't make it up. Guess who is standing for Police Commissioner in Humberside ? None other than Johny Bloody Two Jabs. ( Talk about jobs for the boys.)

13Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Because it would make me one of those lying cunts who i hate nat...

Politicians dont really care about society, they follow whatever 'big' party fits their ideology the closest, if they get the opportunity to earn more money my switching parties and/or lying then they will do it.

its not for me...

14Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Oct 26 2012, 10:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The candidates were supposed to be available for perusal today but when you go on the website www.choosemypcc.org.uk it still has not been updated.

It's as if they don't want us to have an opinion on who we should vote for. Disgraceful.

15Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Oct 26 2012, 18:42

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:The candidates were supposed to be available for perusal today but when you go on the website www.choosemypcc.org.uk it still has not been updated.

It's as if they don't want us to have an opinion on who we should vote for. Disgraceful.

Working now

16Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Oct 26 2012, 23:33

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wonder if this is why i saw two Coppers walk down our street today, must be trying to show they do exist.

Last time i saw two Coppers on the beat they had a Whistle and a Truncheon

17Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Nov 13 2012, 20:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have still not received my leaflet through the post. What a bloody joke. It's as if the government do not want us to vote on this matter.

18Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Nov 13 2012, 23:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's a pointless farce and stupid gimmick dreamed up by Cameron. Does anyone really think it's going to make a difference?

The best thing to do is not vote. With luck the turnout will be 10% or less and the successful candidates will have zero credibility.

19Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Wed Nov 14 2012, 08:00

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But whoever gets voted in, no matter how much the turnout, will have the veto for 4 years.

This will not be scrapped - although it is very pointless

What gets me is that teh Government are for reducing costs left right and centre to help with the nations finances and yet here they are creating a new politicial tier which is going to cost. the elections alone are costing millions, to hold, and yet within 6 months there are going to be further elections with regards to Local Elections - so why not hold the PC votes then?

20Voting for a Police Commisioner. Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Wed Nov 14 2012, 10:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

What gets me is that teh Government are for reducing costs left right and centre to help with the nations finances and yet here they are creating a new politicial tier which is going to cost. the elections alone are costing millions, to hold, and yet within 6 months there are going to be further elections with regards to Local Elections - so why not hold the PC votes then?

That would be too easy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum