Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tennis

+3
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tennis Empty Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 15:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm a tennis fan. I've been a regular at Moss Bank Park and one or two other shed type courts over the years and I watch the important competitions, but I draw the line there.

What I don't like is the sort of people you meet in the game. There's too many people taking themselves too seriously.
I dislike children who are good at tennis, and I dislike their annoying parents who pay for their lessons even more.

Are tennising people generally annoying or am I just jealous?

2Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 16:05

i play tennis to a decent(ish) level, when i was a teenager my parents gave up smoking so i could join a posh tennis club. hated every minute of it and gave up the game for 18 months. a lot of tennis people are middle class people trying to be upper class.

3Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm a tennis fan. I've been a regular at Moss Bank Park and one or two other shed type courts over the years and I watch the important competitions, but I draw the line there.

What I don't like is the sort of people you meet in the game. There's too many people taking themselves too seriously.
I dislike children who are good at tennis, and I dislike their annoying parents who pay for their lessons even more.

I love tennis doffcocker, did you watch Andy Murray today? He played well but, ultimately, he isn't good enough.

Over 5 years ago I famously said Andy Murray would never win a Grand Slam, oh how I was mocked at the time.

And yes, tennis people can be annoying but we are generally better than everyone else.

4Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 16:17

Natasha Whittam wrote:
And yes, tennis people can be annoying but we are generally better than everyone else.

you all think so, that's for sure!

5Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 17:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I'm a tennis fan. I've been a regular at Moss Bank Park and one or two other shed type courts over the years and I watch the important competitions, but I draw the line there.

I love tennis doffcocker, did you watch Andy Murray today? He played well but, ultimately, he isn't good enough.

Over 5 years ago I famously said Andy Murray would never win a Grand Slam, oh how I was mocked at the time.

The Djokovic - Murray match this afternoon was very good, but sadly for
Murray he will never be good enough to beat who ever is the top dog at
the time.

He is a good player but like Henman before him he just isn't quite good enough.

6Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 17:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I Sky+ed the Andy Murray match, Natasha and it didn't work, so I didn't see it!

Despite him being the number 2 and 3 for periods, I think he has been the fourth best tennis player in the world for the last 4 years. At no point has he been more nor less. So yes, ultimately he's not good enough!

I think he's always been a weaker version of what Djokovic has been for the last 12 months.

7Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Fri Jan 27 2012, 19:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Murray is very unlucky in that he plays during the same era as three of the greatest mens tennis players of all time. Federer, Njokovic and Nadal are as good as Borg, McEnroe , Lendl, Connors and Becker were. If murray had been around at the time that Henman was taking the plaudits then I think he would have won a grand slam.

A similar thing happened in snooker with Jimmy white. He never won the world title because he just couldn't beat Steve Davis or Stephen Hendry.

8Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sat Jan 28 2012, 01:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:I Sky+ed the Andy Murray match, Natasha and it didn't work, so I didn't see it!

Watch it in full here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01c27nn/Australian_Open_2012_Novak_Djokovic_v_Andy_Murray/

9Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sat Jan 28 2012, 01:31

That Laura Robson's a bit fit, wouldn't mind teaching her a thing or two.

10Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sat Jan 28 2012, 09:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Abdul-Salam Bilal wrote:That Laura Robson's a bit fit, wouldn't mind teaching her a thing or two.

I doubt very much that you could. That's just your ego talking. I reckon she would thrash you at tennis.

11Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sat Jan 28 2012, 12:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Abdul-Salam Bilal wrote:That Laura Robson's a bit fit, wouldn't mind teaching her a thing or two.

she's 18 so fair enough.

there is a lot of talent in the womens game.

12Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sat Jan 28 2012, 18:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Andy Murray will win a Grand Slam.

Totally agree with not-so-plain-jayne.

Tennis people are wankers. Utter, utter wankers. I hate the upper middle classes.

13Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 14:43

I've only played tennis 3 times in my life, last time I played I beat a 62 year old man in straight sets, I'm now the British number 2.

Just watched the Australian open final, brilliantly entertaining.

14Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

What a game of tennis that was, something like 5 hours and 45 minutes.

The standard of tennis was of the highest order.

I mean the Australian open not your game with that 62 year old. Smile

15Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:23

Think the first set alone lasted as long as the womens final yesterday, yet they both get the same prize money. I'm all for equality, but if women want the same money as men then thay should have to play the same amount of games (plus watching Sharapova for six hours is better than watching the 5 minute freeview at eleven)

16Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate watching Sharapova and i think she should be banned.

her grunting is an absolute joke.

it's designed to put people off

17Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:30

It doesn't put me off my stroke (it actually helps) Smile

18Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get it to be honest is she really that hot?

just looks like any random blonde girl in the street apart from, obviously she's rich.

Tennis Maria-sharapova-boobs-4ss

19Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:36

I've never looked at her face, Anna Kournikova was a lot hotter but she was useless at tennis.

20Tennis Empty Re: Tennis Sun Jan 29 2012, 15:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All women tennis players have "great bodies."

So something must separate her from the pack, it definitely aint her face!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum