Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Speed...

+9
WhiteBic
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Gary Speed...  Empty Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 11:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its a year to the day when this news broke...

http://news.sky.com/story/903606/wales-manager-gary-speed-found-hanged

Whatever the circumstances surrounding it, or the reasons he did it, reasons we will probably never know and ones im not interested in hearing if im honest, cannot detract from the fact he was one of the most well liked players, pundit and manager of his era.

Hope he found peace from whatever it was he was running from.

RIP Gary.

Gary Speed...  134207478

2Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I concur.

3Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Too true RR, I doubt we will know what happened until his children get older and they are old enough to understand.

RIP Gary, gone but not forgotten.

4Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Gary

5Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good player for Bolton, nice guy by all accounts. But took the easy way out I'm afraid.

6Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:Too true RR, I doubt we will know what happened until his children get older and they are old enough to understand.

RIP Gary, gone but not forgotten.

I'm not really bothered why he did it to be honest.

All I know is, that he must have been going though something truly hellish to want to do that in the first place.

To kill yourself must be hard enough, but to hang yourself (cant imagine it being the best way to go) and leave a wife and 2 children behind, it must have been a better option than living with or dealing with whatever was on his mind.

If the rumour about a certain paper making threats to 'out' him are true, then I believe the editor responsible should be charged with 'unintentional manslaughter' (or somthing like that... if such a crime exists)

7Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Good player for Bolton, nice guy by all accounts. But took the easy way out I'm afraid.

Knew you would come out with your usual fucking tripe...

8Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I realise suicide is an emotive subject, but I think people who take their own lives and leave their body for their family to find are scumbags of the highest order.

9Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I realise suicide is an emotive subject, but I think people who take their own lives and leave their body for their family to find are scumbags of the highest order.

Admins, can we have a troll smiley please to use for a thread that Mr Whittam is trolling please?

Just to save us typing, we could just post the smiley and be done with it...

10Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

really really not the place for it.

disgusting.

as usual the mods will give this kind of shit a free ride.

11Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Do you not think it would have been difficult for him?

He was obviously in such a state of panic and distress to do something like that!

either that, or he was, under the skin VERY depressed - you know, that illness that does not exist according to you ...

12Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 12:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

If the rumour about a certain paper making threats to 'out' him are true, then I believe the editor responsible should be charged with 'unintentional manslaughter' (or somthing like that... if such a crime exists)

The rumour was never about 'outing' him as there was never any question as to his sexuality. My understanding is that it involved a story going back sometime where Speed may have been the innocent victim. Another Welsh footballer, Alan Davies committed suicide in 1992. Investigative journalists have found a tangible link which is easy to find on the internet.

Personally, I like to keep an open mind whenever people take their own lives. They must be at a really low point and unless you have been there then it's hard to comment with any accuracy.

13Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't bite RR.

Nat made similar comments on a tribute thread to him on BA, really tasteless, and not funny in the slightest.

14Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Do you not think it would have been difficult for him?

He was obviously in such a state of panic and distress to do something like that!

either that, or he was, under the skin VERY depressed - you know, that illness that does not exist according to you ...

I accept all that to an extent, but if you read in the paper tonight that some randon bloke had hung himself knowing full well his kids could find him swinging from the rafters you'd think he was a twat.

That's an awful thing to do to your family, just because you were a bit unhappy or some embarrassing news was about to be revealed.

15Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Sorry but you are bang out of order with the scumbags comment, I had a family member who did the same thing and don't appreciate people saying disgusting comments like that.

I appreciate you might not agree with suicide but to call them scumbags is just wrong.

16Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Don't bite RR.

Nat made similar comments on a tribute thread to him on BA, really tasteless, and not funny in the slightest.

I made similar comments because it's what I believe.

I fully understand people wanting to die when they have a disease or no quality of life, but to kill yourself in the prime of your life is a sin.

Even then I can accept it if you kill yourself without exposing your family to the shock of coming home to find you dead.

I don't understand why anyone would find that acceptable.

17Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss nat.

If you want to discuss the nature of suicide start a thread.

18Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Sorry but you are bang out of order with the scumbags comment, I had a family member who did the same thing and don't appreciate people saying disgusting comments like that.

I appreciate you might not agree with suicide but to call them scumbags is just wrong.

Sorry you feel that way, but I'm just being honest. Without turning into Amos I have experience of this and, believe me, there is no worse experience.

Perhaps scumbags was the wrong word though, let's go with "selfish".

19Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I accept all that to an extent, but if you read in the paper tonight that some randon bloke had hung himself knowing full well his kids could find him swinging from the rafters you'd think he was a twat.

no I wouldn't...

I feel sorry for him. Like I say, to do that must mean you feel you have no option left. are you really suggesting that ANY parent would take the option of leaving their kids without a parent lightly? Not to mention the mental scarring it would cause and leave their spouse as a single parent...

I dont belive for one second he took the easy way out, he had a reason for doing what he did and it seemed a better option.

Maybe he felt that him being dead would be better for his family due to something that had happened, maybe he was suffering from a severe mental illness and thus can be absolved of any blame anyway.

all I know is, anyone who commits suicide, especially in such a way as GS did, do so because they feel either panicked to the point of suicide (very much like the guy who shot himself in the film titanic - bad comparison I know) or they are severely mentally disturbed...

either way, its nothing but sad.

20Gary Speed...  Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 13:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss nat.

If you want to discuss the nature of suicide start a thread.

I just find another RIP thread for this guy a bit much. It was his choice to die, why are we feeling sorry for someone who chose to do this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum