Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Norwich 2-0 Bolton.

+11
BWFCinPhila
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
jayjay23
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Point I was reting to make was that Norwich SHOULD be one of the teams at the bottom of the table at the end of the season because they haven't had the resources financially to build a Premier team - and we SHOULD be above them because we have a team full of players who have played at Premier level for a number of years.

In a very simplistic way if we can win the games against the Norwich'es, Swansea's, QPR's Wigan's, Wolves and Blackburns's - we should always stay up.

Show's how poor we are being done home and away by Norwich this season.

32Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes, should, should, should.

means nothing.

At the end of the day from 1 to 11 they are a better, more talented side than we are.

that goes, IMO, for every team in the premier league.

33Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:31

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not the end of the world just yet. Let's not get carried away like we always do.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

34Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I expected a defeat today tbh, so I'm definitely not too bothered.

35Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 18:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You've got to wonder if Coyle's just glutton for punishment. He must have known that if the change didn't work he would look stupid and be called not fit to burn for it, as a) it's generally agreed that the reversion from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 has been key to our improved form and we're on the right track because of it, so going back to 4-4-2 and at that point in the game would seem like a step in the wrong direction and b) it's also generally agreed that his taking off Muamba cost us a point against Newcastle.

36Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 19:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy - I don't go for this theory. Lambert has bought good players who can play at this level and who can't be underestimated. Some of our experienced players are not at their best. However, today's game was lost on tactics and had little to do with the experience or ability of the players who were well matched all over the park. (apart from Eagles who had a stinker IMO)

37Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 20:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What we really need is a good old-fashioned midfield general, someone who will get a grip of the players, and direct the play. Although NRC is taking control, I don't think he's up to that job.

38Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to Sky Sports we had a goal that crossed the line but wasn't given and a good shout for a penalty but apart from that Norwich were the better team.

The Wigan game next week is MASSIVE.

39Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Trotter, I think the next game is the make or break of both theirs and ours season. If we get the points, then I feel that Wigan are almost certainly down, whereas it keeps us in the fight. The problem is that we have the ability, but not the right mind-set, they have the mind-set, but not the ability. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. lets hope it not a draw.

40Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tactical ineptitude by Coyle cost us a point yet again. Whenever will he learn? It's not always neccessary to try and gamble on three points away from home, even if we are only playing Norwich. At times, I really think Coyle is trying to play fantasy football manager.

41Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be on board with it if he was bringing on Silva and Bale.

but, er, he's not.

42Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It says it all. We are back in the bottom three. The home game to QPR and away to wolves are going to be huge six pointers as well.

43Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even if you could justify the gamble he took, you can't justify how he did it! There were two, possibly three better options on the bench than Davies.
If we really wanted to go for it, we wanted pace and trickery - just a little bit of footballing quality. Instead we went for the dreaded rugby style of attack involving Kevin Davies which in my opinion was the worst thing about our game for the first half of the season, from a defensive point of view as well as offensive.

44Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lets hope the new signings, if he plays them, hauls his arse out of the fire.

45Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were much better going forward with Davies on the pitch, we created NOTHING in the first half, if we had a shot on goal i'd be surprised.

As soon as he came on the ball was sticking up top.

but it meant the midfield was spit through. Simple.

46Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The ball was sticking, but unfortunately, it wasn't being put away.

47Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah but the sub improved us massively going forward.

The Tuncay sub was a poor one IMO, Eagles was pish in the first half but he woke up 2nd half and was playing well.

that sub neutered us.

48Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree. The strikers were there, with nobody to feed them

49Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sun Feb 05 2012, 09:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The substitution was a gamble and it didn't work. You can see Coyle's thinking with the 2 CBs both replaced but why does he still believe that a 4 man midfield without Muamba is going to stop Norwich flooding through? A Davies/Ngog pairing is never going to score a lot of goals and we would have been better off prioritising going for a clean sheet.

50Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sun Feb 05 2012, 10:39

I love Owen Coyle but I sometimes wonder if he gets bored at games. At 0-0 he should have been happy - 5 points from Liverpool, Arsenal & Norwich would have been brilliant, but he always feels he has to chase a winner - when will he learn? Having said that, the players once again put in a sub-standard performance and Coyle must be sick to death of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum