Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's for the physio's room?

+3
BWFCinPhila
Sluffy
doffcocker
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who's for the physio's room? Empty Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With Ricketts coming back and being a breath of fresh air just for not being Robinson, N'Gog coming good and being perfect for our style of play, MDavies playing consistently brilliantly, Petrov looking half decent for a change, Bogdan looking the business, Reo Coker and Muamba at the top of their game etc. you can't help worrying there's too much to be positive about.

Somebody has got to be on the receiving end of a dirty b@st@rd season wrecking challenge sooner or later and let's face it, it's going to be one of the players mentioned above. It's been the story of our last two seasons!

2Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I still think we are far from being out of the woods yet.

For me Coyle as yet to show that he has a footballing brain - most of us months and months ago could see his 4-4-2 with a static Davies and Klasnic was not working, neither was the left flank defensively with Petrov playing in front of Robinson.

Chuck in the mystifying substitutions nearly every week and I still worry that other teams will soon work out our style of play and plan for it whilst Coyle will not be able to change things around on the day.

Hopefully we won't get anymore injuries for the rest of the season but if we do, what is the betting it will be Holden in his come back game!

3Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:37

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

There will be set backs for this team that still occur this season (my gut tells me Norwich will be actually one) but I think the overall trajectory of the finish looks quite good to me provided health can be maintained or improved. I'm still a bit worried about the depth of the squad. Would absolutely love to see my boy Ream capped soon and help fortify the back line with another healthy body. We need as many people standing between Robinson's ass on the bench and the touchline as possible.

What's this with Steinnson? And whats the status on Alonso?

4Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with that Sluffy.

5Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 17:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Spot-on Sluffy. Its hard to decide when the great turnabout started, but I believe it was when he decided to change from his rigid 4-4-2. I think this allowed the players to perform slightly better, from which they have gained confidence. It will be interesting to see what he does with Sordell, who it seems is a fast player with some polishing of his finishing required, whereas , (I feel), Ngog is more for style, with a general dislike for the physical stuff. Maybe the two of them will complement each other, although it will mean back to the 4-4-2 formation, which the others may again struggle with.

6Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The game tomorrow will be a defining one IMO and I won't be missing it for the world. In the past, Wanderers have put on great performances against rich clubs and then lay down and died against "lower" clubs. If they can turn in another hard-working performance tomorrow, I'll start to believe we can survive.

7Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 17:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander. Agree completely. The only difference this time is that we have new players to blood, so hopefully, the liklihood of laying down is a lot less this time. I also believer the mind-set has changed slightly, and with NRC geeing them up, we could (could) be starting the long climb up the table

8Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 22:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The players will be up for it. They'll want revenge for the piss poor show at our place. Blackburn are away at Arsenal, Wigan have a tough game at home to Everton and Wolves are away to QPR. What bigger incentive do they need ?

9Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Fri Feb 03 2012, 22:38

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think if our Midfield clicks,and defense plays like it has over the last two league games.

Then if we get a result tomorrow, i'll be quietly confident we're on the up.

10Who's for the physio's room? Empty Re: Who's for the physio's room? Sat Feb 04 2012, 09:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We have to stop the points gap from growing, because we are in danger of becoming isolated in the bottom 5. Nice intro for the new boys, desperately need points, increasing fan expectations, freezing weather, and probably snow. It'll be interesting to see if OC wears his shorts today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum