Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

End of the road for Fabio?

+2
Quent
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1End of the road for Fabio? Empty End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

With his outburst on italian tv, Fabio is to have a meeting with the FA this week as it seems he may have breached his contract.

England coach Fabio Capello may have breached his contract by publicly criticising the Football Association's decision to oust John Terry as captain.

Former FA executive director David Davies told the BBC the FA was taking "the matter very seriously".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

I actually think he could walk for this.

Not what we need going into the Euros but something always seems to happen with England before a major tournament.

2End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:43

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Capello should tell the FA to fcuk off, they really are a bunch of tits.

If he does go I have no doubt they'd appoint Steve Keane as England manager.

3End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are both looking for a way out of this toxic contact.

The guy should have been sacked after the world cup.

England are not good enough to win the trophy anyway, even the saviour arrrry won't "bring it home"

4End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I am with you on the being sacked after the world cup. Though I don't think the FA fancied paying him off and both parties seemed to have agreed on not re-newing his deal after this years Euros.

5End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't understand the thought process of keeping him?

Utterly abysmal world cup performance, shambles.

they justify his retention by pointing to the fact England strolled through the worst qualifying group in the history of humankind.

6End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It will be the same old story in this tournament, same old faces with a few new players.

Gerrard, Rio, Lampard, Bent, A.Cole. With the same old system of hoofing the ball up field and Rooney playing so deep his is in our own half of the field most of the game.

7End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 13:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After the world cup he was literally forced by the media to proclaim he'd be looking to the "youth" for the next tournament.

Yet he's kept Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Glen Johnson (lol), Barry, Ashley Cole (the best left back in the world??)

Trust me by the time the euros come around he'll be justifying a place for Ledley King, David Beckham and a rejuvenated Jermaine Defoe.

If the media ask him to....

8End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 13:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if he asked Scholes to come out of retirement.

If you look at teams like Germany, if they go out of a major tournament early, you can guarantee they will change pretty much there whole squad for the next tournament and make sure they are a force to be feared.

9End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 14:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've had numerous exciting generations of players in the last couple of decades and never been able to make the most of them. I don't buy into claims that we tend to overrate our squads and consequently expect too much. I firmly believe we've had the players in each of the last 6 competitions to mount a serious challenge and believe the generation of players coming through at the moment are more exciting than any from the last decade. So I can't stress how delighted I'd be if the manager that took us to Euro 2012 was not Capello. The guy is evidently incapable of creating unity within the camp (admittedly most would struggle on that account) and his judgement during the World Cup in terms of team selections was unforgivable.

Hart

Smalling
Jones
Cahill
Cole

Oxlade-Chamberlain
Parker
Wilshere
Young

Rooney
Sturridge

That's the side I'd open with and there are so many other players to consider. Welbeck's coming good, Bent's a top finisher, Defoe's a good player, Walcott, Downing, Milner, Lennon and A Johnson provide depth out wide, I like Carrick, I'd seriously consider Scholes if he was up for it, Barry's still decent, Gerrard and Lampard could do a job from the bench, neither Tery nor Ferdinand are absolutely past it. Baines, Jagielka, Lescott...

10End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 14:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You say the players aren't overrated, then you pick Jones and Smalling to start.

I'm not saying they don't have talent, they do, they are good quality young players, who might become PL stars, but the talk about them has been embarrassing.

as it always is with any England player under 25 who plays for a club in the top 4.

I agree about Chamberlain though, he isn't another Walcott this guy is raw as hell but extremely exciting, positive, with skill and vision. Needs to work on his shooting big time though.

11End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 15:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sorry about that Hipster.

Nothing you say will change my mind about Jones and Smalling as I'm mightily impressed by the pair of them. Hopefully I'm not just getting carried away like everyone else.

You're right about Chamberlain. He is looking like a completer version of Walcott - not light as a feather, decent footballing brain, not as predictable as Walcott and doesn't seem to go silent for periods in games like Walcott. Still early days, mind.

12End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 15:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We are the best in this country at making out a player to be world class after a couple of games, Walcott is a great example, everyone raved about him when he first played for Arsenal but in my view has done little to suggest he will be the great player people thought he would be. A very hit and miss player.

We normally go into tournaments worrying about our goalkeeper and who it will be, thankfully this time round our goalkeeper is probably our strongest position.

On another note I actually worry for Cahill if he is going to be one of our main centre backs in the summer, I don't know why but I seriously think he will struggle against the top teams.

13End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 15:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cahill won't be in the team if Terry (decides to go) and Rio are fit, If they're not he will move to Lescott, then Ledley King (world class apparently! lol) Whats Dawson up to? How's Woodgate getting on? The media love in matters, and Cahill is on the wrong end of it so to speak.

I agree Jones looks a good talent, but he's had games this season where he's been shocking, all over the place and a liability, funnily enough not much coverage is given to them games! Didn't get too many England mentions when he played for Blackburn either did he! Now he's the greatest young CB we've had for decades...hmmm.

England do have two IMO genuine exciting talents, Chamberlain and Wilshere. Sturridge is a level below them, but a good player.

14End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 15:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sturridge is one of the most selfish players I have ever seen, I think he got away with it Bolton as he was the best player we had at the time but he get's shown up when playing with better players. But seriously needs to learn when to play the killer ball, which i think he finds hard due to him being an out an out striker,

I actually think Smalling is a better player than Jones and Cahill to be honest.

15End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 18:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Capello is charged with breaching FA rules then he should get Joey Barton to defend him. Capello is a magician when it comes to getting out of a pickle. Just like that!

[img]End of the road for Fabio? 2ebv6md[/img]

16End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Mon Feb 06 2012, 19:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

interestingly Gary Neville gave his England 11 tonight.

End of the road for Fabio? Ak_pb2tCQAMUM89

17End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:interestingly Gary Neville gave his England 11 tonight.

End of the road for Fabio? Ak_pb2tCQAMUM89

We (as in I and 5 friends at the bar) saw this last night, just before the match, and it started an interesting conversation...

First it started out as who should be captain for the Euro's?
and then who should be captain after the Euro's?

We all seemed to agree that Gerrard should be captain during the Euro's but when it came it after the Euro's (yes we all agreed it should be someone younger, fresher and part of the so-called "next generation") we didn't agree - to put my two-pennies worth it I did say Cahill!

But all this nonsense this week really does not put either the FA or the England team in a good light. Capello is right in one sense that the FA board should nopt over-ride the manager but on the other hand who honestly cannot wait to get rid of Capello - all thsi is almost as bad as offering a contract extension BEFORE the World Cup!!!

18End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:18

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ha ha, Jones & Smalling at centre-back, what a joke.

Wilshere will be injured for the Euros.

That Chamberlain fella has played about 4 Prem games.

Well done Neville, perhaps now we know why you didn't bother with management.

19End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we were to play our first match of the euros tomorrow who would you start?

Personally I would go with this:

............Hart (Caprtain)........

Richards..........Cahill.......King........Cole

.................Parker............

Walcott...........Wilshere (if he was fit)................Downing

...................Sturridge.......Rooney..

20End of the road for Fabio? Empty Re: End of the road for Fabio? Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ledley King? come on now.

I'd go with Terry/Rio and Dawson.

definitely parker holding, i wouldn't play gerrard cos he's a wanker.

I'd keep the Neville team up top. Chamberlain, Sturridge, Rooney.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum