Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too late was the cry

+18
BoltonTillIDie
Lofty_Love
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
bwfc71
Leeds_Trotter
Bernard Dennis Park
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
observer
wanderlust
Jamster26
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
doffcocker
Copper Dragon
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In 8 days time we'll have played Barnsley, Blackburn and Brighton. With Mavies out we need some bright ideas from Dougie to keep the run going. By teatime on the 9th March we'll know if we're still in with an outside shot.

32Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:49

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we'll definitely see more of Kamara and Holden. I don't think Dougie rates De Ridder to be honest.

33Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I think we'll definitely see more of Kamara and Holden. I don't think Dougie rates De Ridder to be honest.

I don't think that he doesn't rate him, it's just that he's had more success playing narrow. Medo and Holden really need to step up now despite not having the time for the gradual introduction Dougie prefers.

34Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Keep an eye on tonight's two games .... If Derby win tonight over Watford they jump above us. Overall I'll accept that and a win by Wolves over Palace.

Wash your mouth out, we want Wolves to go down. I hope they lose 27-0.

35Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:09

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:I think we'll definitely see more of Kamara and Holden. I don't think Dougie rates De Ridder to be honest.

I don't think that he doesn't rate him, it's just that he's had more success playing narrow. Medo and Holden really need to step up now despite not having the time for the gradual introduction Dougie prefers.

A fair point, that would explain why he brought on Holden for Davies, instead of De Ridder. Surely Medo is ready now, Dougie!

36Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 20:28

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Keep an eye on tonight's two games .... If Derby win tonight over Watford they jump above us. Overall I'll accept that and a win by Wolves over Palace.

Wash your mouth out, we want Wolves to go down. I hope they lose 27-0.

1-0 Watford.

37Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Fri Mar 01 2013, 21:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bastards.

38Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 00:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Atleast palace won, we can put a 4 point gap inbetween us and derby, go 8th AND be 4 points behind the plays offs, if everything goes our way.

39Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 00:45

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Forget it, get over it, we are getting nowhere near the playoffs, all the realist here know we have to bite the bullet, and hope Dougie has it in his locker to recruit the personnel to do the business, I do fear for the minority who expect playoffs, if we went up where do you see us finishing?

40Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 00:52

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:Forget it, get over it, we are getting nowhere near the playoffs, all the realist here know we have to bite the bullet, and hope Dougie has it in his locker to recruit the personnel to do the business, I do fear for the minority who expect playoffs, if we went up where do you see us finishing?

I don't get this 'we would get relegated in the prem anyway' argument.

Surely a season finishing 18th in the prem is better than one in the Championship, both financially and through the players we could attract.

Also, there is a transfer window, so we could have a totally different team if we were to be promoted.

I don't think we will be mind, but there is no downside to being promoted at all. And we would have more chance of staying up than most.

41Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 01:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:agree:

42Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 07:46

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, regardless of how we would actually perform in the Premier League, we could definitely do with the money that comes from playing in the top division, even if we do get relegated.

43Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 08:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote: I do fear for the minority who expect playoffs, if we went up where do you see us finishing?

Rock bottom, but you never know. And that's why we follow BWFC.

44Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 18:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I may end up looking reet daft with this thread yet.

Although, 7 points from Brighton and they've got a game in hand is going to take some catching up.

45Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 19:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're only a point behind us yourselves!

46Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 19:21

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't take much notice of us Sluffy. Very Happy

We had a debutant today in Alexander Kacaniklic who is a 21 year old Swedish international from Fulham. He played in your 0-3 loss to Fulham at the Reebok last season (anyone remember him?).

I believe he's a good un.

47Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 20:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Copper Dragon wrote:I wouldn't take much notice of us Sluffy. Very Happy

We had a debutant today in Alexander Kacaniklic who is a 21 year old Swedish international from Fulham. He played in your 0-3 loss to Fulham at the Reebok last season (anyone remember him?).

I believe he's a good un.

We suffered so many defeats last season they all roll into one for me.

48Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 20:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Worst home record in the clubs entire hundred and twenty odd year history last season!

Thanks Owen.

49Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 20:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Worst home record in the clubs entire hundred and twenty odd year history last season!

Thanks Owen.

Fuck me, and we didn't even finish bottom.

50Too late was the cry - Page 3 Empty Re: Too late was the cry Sat Mar 02 2013, 20:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Worst home record in the clubs entire hundred and twenty odd year history last season!

Thanks Owen.

we need to move on.

Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum