Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup)

+7
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 19:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good professional win today, hopefully a good home tie in the next round.

As for tinkering Gloswhite, I will be amazed if he didn't change the team again for the Chelsea game next week, Ream sounded much more composed on the ball than Knight has ever done and Myachi tore there right back a new one in the 1st half.

32Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 20:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was anyone a bit disturbed by the reaction to Miaychi from the Milwall fans.

I assumed it was an arsenal thing but i just read something on twitter saying it "was because he was Chinese"

33Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 20:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It was a very competent performance, although there were times when the passing went a bit ropey for a while, and they hoofed the ball to the front man, who had usually come back to at least the halfway line. Nice to see a win, and one we thouroughly deserved, but not one to think we are going to go storming up the table. Smile

34Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 20:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can't say I've heard that reason for haranguing someone before. Maybe all the other ethnics are fully integrated into the Cold Blow Lane area of London, except the chinese apparently. I'm assuming the poster either didn't know the reason, or he has the IQ of a housebrick.

35Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 20:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is Japanese so i can't imagine it bothered him.

36Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 20:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really understand what football expects about racism - the reality is that some (many even?) are to a degree racist in real life - people simply don't leave that outside when they go into the football ground - they take it in with them obviously.

If they can keep it to themselves then I guess the problem is kept hidden for another day but if they can't keep their mouth shut then it open the doors for those around them to vent their race hatred too.

The actual footballers themselves are only human and some of them are racist too - Suarez as been found guilty of that already.

Until society itself can overcome the issue of people's colour - then football as no chance.

And to be honest I can't ever see society ever being free of racism simply because of human nature - people always 'dislike' anyone who is not 'one of us'.

37Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 21:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just can't take the FA Cup seriously anymore, it's become a bit of a joke.

In the 90's the FA Cup was EVERYTHING, more important than the league in many ways.

I blame Kevin Davies.

38Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 21:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I blame his mum

39Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 21:14

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes Natasha, I agree with myself. Obviously. Very Happy

Anyone care to give a quick player rating and summary as I did not get to watch or listen to the game - a fans view is often a little more enlightening than a newspaper or even highlights.

40Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 21:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan - wasn't really troubled but his kicking was shit.

Ngog - Brilliant.

Muamba - did well got stuck in.

Miyachi - alright.

Tuncay - played well

Reem - Did very well bar one mistake, oh and he can PASS! Wow.

Urm who else is there.

Mark Davies - Mr. Anonymous

Reo Coker? He was alright yeah.

Wheater, did well in the air.

Trotter for them is a very good player IMO.

41Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ricketts quick thinking made the first goal - think he deserves a mention just for that alone.

Also when was the last game that Kevin Davies, Knight and Robbinson all didn't feature in?

I don't know the aswer myself - but it clearly is the future for us!

42Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 21:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
Also when was the last game that Kevin Davies, Knight and Robbinson all didn't feature in?

I don't know the aswer myself - but it clearly is the future for us!

That's what we all think, but does Coyle?

43Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sat Feb 18 2012, 22:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Davies and Robbo, maybe but I can see Knight taking Reams place next week.

I suppose todays result gives us confidence knowing we can beat Championship teams away for next season if all goes tits up. afro

44Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sun Feb 19 2012, 17:06

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Great day at Millwall.Great turn out by Wanderers.One thing convinced me i never want to go back in to the championship.Millwall New DEN LMFAO breeze block shit hole with a 1980's Tv showing Sky Sports soccer saturday at half time n before the start.Proper depressing place Millwall the whole area.Me n me mate went on the train£75 then upgraded to 1st class for an xtra £15 quid.Negotiated the tube to Bermondsey.Got to the ground the natives didnt look to friendly.Myachi took his goal well but it was Ricketts quick thinking with the quick free kick that sent him on his way.The kid has great potential but has a tendancy to drift in and out of games. Id start him v Chelsea n play petrov on the other wing.IMO Eagles is too inconsistent.Loses possesion too much.Too Lightweight.Muamba showed how important he is althogh he cant hit a barn door with a banjo he consistently breaks attacks up and fits in to this side and formation like a hand in a glove.

45Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sun Feb 19 2012, 20:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Great day at Millwall.Great turn out by Wanderers.One thing convinced me i never want to go back in to the championship.Millwall New DEN LMFAO breeze block shit hole with a 1980's Tv showing Sky Sports soccer saturday at half time n before the start.Proper depressing place Millwall the whole area.Me n me mate went on the train£75 then upgraded to 1st class for an xtra £15 quid.Negotiated the tube to Bermondsey.Got to the ground the natives didnt look to friendly.Myachi took his goal well but it was Ricketts quick thinking with the quick free kick that sent him on his way.The kid has great potential but has a tendancy to drift in and out of games. Id start him v Chelsea n play petrov on the other wing.IMO Eagles is too inconsistent.Loses possesion too much.Too Lightweight.Muamba showed how important he is althogh he cant hit a barn door with a banjo he consistently breaks attacks up and fits in to this side and formation like a hand in a glove.

We parked up at Stanmore, only £1.50 to park all day! Bought an £8.50 all day ticket for the Jubilee line. Got off at London Bridge and had a couple of pints in The Barrow Boy and Banker, which was full of Wanderers and Watford fans.

The beer is crap in London! £3.60 for a pint of Gnats piss advertised as Fullers London Pride. The bloke who brewed it is a joker with no pride whatsoever. It was as flat as a fart with no head..

Onto the tube and getting off at Bermondsey you go straight into the ground so we never got to see the ' Millwall Massive.'

Ryo got us off to a good start and after that it was all beer and skittles. After the game, the police kept us in for 25 minutes to get the Millwall fans away on the tube. We had to spend 25 minutes stood in the wind and rain. One brave but foolish Wanderer did an impromptu streak to lighten the mood but once we were let out and got to the station we had to wait a further 10 minutes before the tube train arrived!

The only other highlight of the day was that we had a Wigan fan among us! He only went and let a flare off like they did at the Reebok last week.

Cold Blow Lane is certainly cold but it didn't dampen the spirits of the 1200 or so Wanderers fans on the day.

46Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sun Feb 19 2012, 20:51

All the people slagging off Coyle last week should hang their heads in shame - Owen showed what a tactical genius he can be by making a difficult tie look easy.

47Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sun Feb 19 2012, 21:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Owen Owen wrote:All the people slagging off Coyle last week should hang their heads in shame - Owen showed what a tactical genius he can be by making a difficult tie look easy.

I wouldn't go that far! Millwall are, at best, a mid-table championship side. They didn't put us under too much pressure.

48Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sun Feb 19 2012, 21:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were second best for long periods of the game, in all departments.

the difference was we managed to score 2 goals and they literally couldn't cross for ****

49Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Sun Feb 19 2012, 22:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle a "tactical genius"? Are you serious? This is the man who played 4-4-2 against Wigan with Davies in the starting lineup because he thought it worked 4 months ago. Thus ignoring Davies's abysmal form and our track record when playing 4-5-1.

50Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 0-2 Bolton (FA Cup) Mon Feb 20 2012, 01:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I enjoyed getting back in the win column for a change.
Coyle out.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum