Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves Fcuk up Continues - another one turns down the job!

+7
Sluffy
doffcocker
xmiles
Keegan
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wolves have confirmed that manager Mick McCarthy has been sacked following the club's derby humiliation at the hands of West Bromwich Albion.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11699/7518015/McCarthy-axed-by-Wolves

Not exactly great news for us, just hope they don't go on a run like Sunderland have under O'neil.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A shame for two reasons:

1) I like Mick McCarthy, he's not a bullshitter like Coyle
2) A new man will come in and almost certainly get some points on the board.

Coyle out.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am pissed off by this news other clubs do somthing about it except ours.

agreed at least wolves are doing somthing about there slide down the league table. bolton just seem happy to slide into the championship

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The Wolves board have taken the Micky out of the club.

I'll get my coat.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Our only hope is that they take Coyle off our hands, but even if they did Gartside would probably replace him with Lee. Shocked

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wolves are well known for being a well run business. Their wage bill is about 75% the size of ours and they virtually don't owe a penny to anyone. It's not surprising that they're taking a gamble and changing manager.

Sadly, I think it's safe to say we're stuck with ours. As somebody else mentioned, our only hope is if Wolves came and take him off us but I can't see why they'd do that when there's plenty of experienced managers with better CV's out there looking for a club.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Apparently the bookies' favourites to replace Mick are Benitez and Curbishley. Shocked

I can't see Benitez taking the Wolves job in a million years and is Curbishley even still interested in managing - he left West Ham in 2008.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Great news. Curbishley has pulled out and Steve Bruce is now apparently favourite to get the job. We only need to finish above Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn to stay up. Who knows maybe 30 points will be enough! It could have happened in 2009/10.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hmmm, wonder why Curbs has pulled out.

I still think bringing in Bruce will be enough to save them from the drop, not the best manager but I think Wolves are his level, like Hodgson with WBA.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't rate Bruce as a manager - wtf was he doing at Sunderland buying about 19 players in the summer - I said at the time it was potentially a disaster waiting to happen - which it did!

As for Curbs - don't rate him either but this is what BBC are saying about him and the job -

Alan Curbishley has pulled out of the running to succeed Mick McCarthy as Wolves manager, BBC Sport understands.

The former Charlton and West Ham boss is believed to have dropped out because he and chairman Steve Morgan did not share the same vision for the club.

Curbishley, 54, was interviewed for the job along with former Sunderland boss Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17098513

A better manager as just gone to Huddersfield imo.

Former Leeds United manager Simon Grayson is to become manager of League One promotion contenders Huddersfield Town, BBC Sport understands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17099193

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon 20 Feb - 15:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I rate Curbs to be honest, did a allardyce type job at Charlton and was going well at West Ham until the arse of an owner sacked him.

As for Grayson, I think League one is his level, somesthing about the guy I don't rate.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it me or are there not even a handful of genuinely level headed managers in the league?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I laughed out loud when I heard Steve Bruce was favourite for the Wolves job.

The guy spent millions at Sunderland and they still struggled. Why the Wolves board think he'll be able to turn Wolves around beggars belief.

These days it seems clubs would rather employ a failed manager with Prem experience than take a chance on a manager from the lower leagues.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think the role of a manager these days is more about 'man managing' the pampered millionaire twentysomethings - many who haven't bothered much with education because they know their fortunes are in their feet!

Coyle obviously hasn't a clue when it comes to being smart or savvy on the football pitch but he's probably very matey, matey with the 'lads' and is ok in front of the cameras and smiles a lot!

I think the phrase is 'style over substance'.

If I had achieved the same sort of results that Coyle has since his arrival - I would no longer have a business to run.

It's as simple as that really - football lives in cloud cuckoo land where twenty odd year old men earning £40,000 per WEEK is normal - it's totally immoral really.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Steve Bruce is an odd creature.

He's done good jobs working on tight budgets - look at some of the unbelievable bargains he got at Wigan, and he was awful at Sunderland where he had a hell of a let to spend. Some of the amounts of money he spent on totally crap players at Sunderland were unforgivable.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't followed Sunderland but who did O'Neill bring in?

Because otherwise they are winning with a team that Bruce had a large part in constructing.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

With the size of the squad he accumulated, a decent manager should be able to build a useful team out of it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I imagine BSA would be like Bruce if he was backed with the money he had at Sunderland.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I haven't followed Sunderland but who did O'Neill bring in?

Because otherwise they are winning with a team that Bruce had a large part in constructing.

Exactly my thoughts. O'Neill is getting the results with the players that Bruce bought!

O'Neill must be a good motivator! I see Niall Quinn has resigned from the Sunderland board as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum