Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Would You Do If BWFC Went Tits Up?

+7
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the news that Rangers could go bust any day now, it got me to thinking about Bolton. Let's face it, if a massive club like Rangers can go tits up, then it could very easily happen to us.

So let's imagine that Bolton went bust, what would you do?

Would you support someone else? If so, who?

Would you give up on football and maybe try another sport? Or maybe you can't wait to join the wife shopping every Saturday afternoon.

Personally I'd still want to watch football, but I'm not sure I could follow another league club, not even PNE, my hometown team.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess someone would start up an AFC Bolton Wanderers in their place - if so I guess I would follow them.

Can't see myself supporting any other team - ever.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The owner would, more than likely, just do the same as other clubs have done, and basically what Rangers are doing - close the old holding company and remove the debts - as in the same scenario with Rangers we are owned by 1 person and all money owed would go straight back to Eddie Davies, as, at this moment in time, we have enough assets to cover the huge debt we have. And a new holding company would start up to directly replace the old one. As far as I know, in recent years, only 2 clubs have failed to stay in their appropriate leagues when doing that - being Chester City FC, and Wimbledon (when they became MK Dons), but in these examples it was the club that went bust and not the holding company (as they did not have one!)

But if dear old Bolton was to bite the dust, and no new Bolton was created then I would plump for Rochdale, I currently look for their scores each week anyway.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
But if dear old Bolton was to bite the dust, and no new Bolton was created then I would plump for Rochdale, I currently look for their scores each week anyway.

That's Rochdale crossed off my list then.

i'm hooked on football, i'd go to gigg lane (don't hate me).

I'd support Torquay or Leeds, no specific reason though.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i'm hooked on football, i'd go to gigg lane (don't hate me).

I'll see you there, I would do the same thing.

Bury are closer to where I live than the Reebok and though they hate us I always look out for them and Rochdale.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Crystal Palace as i have connections there.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd find a club with a Jamaican on the roster and support them - Preston or Crawley Town, perhaps. Not Sheffield Wednesday despite Jermaine Johnson being there, for obvious reasons.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wouldn't bother supporting any other team.

Just watch the odd game on the Tv.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Banksy, can't see me following another team like I have Bolton. I suppose I would pay a bit more interest in Cheltenham, my local team, or Watford (at a distance), as that is my Son-in-Law's team

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Get a life probably.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have plans in place to start AFC Wanderers if things go tits up at BWFC.

I have planning permission for a 20000 seater stadium just outside Kendal.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have plans in place to start AFC Wanderers if things go tits up at BWFC.

I have planning permission for a 20000 seater stadium just outside Kendal.

Does that mean you have the all-clear to build on green-belt land, from the Cumbria Local Authority, the Government and the International authorities?

Why waste money on building a new stadium for about 20,000 fans (of which 3,000 will be recurring fans) whilst you could get the current stadium on the cheap, from the administrators, which houses 28,000 fans (with about 7,000 recurring fans)?

Business sense says it would be better to buy the current stadium - why waste between 10 million and 15 million when you can get one, fully built and ready to use with space for renatl units such as hotel an office units, for a couple of million?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Does that mean you have the all-clear to build on green-belt land, from the Cumbria Local Authority, the Government and the International authorities?

Yes.

I'm choosing Kendal because it's a better long-term option than Horwich.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It will be Wimbledon all over again, with having to be renamed after a season because the new Wanderers won't be akin to Bolton.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:It will be Wimbledon all over again, with having to be renamed after a season because the new Wanderers won't be akin to Bolton.

How many Bolton fans actually live in Bolton these days?

Regardless, true Bolton fans will travel to the ends of the Earth to watch Bolton - the rest of the hangers on we can do without.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

True in one respect but in todays era of austerity, high fuel prices, wages not moving - how many of our true fans would be able to get to the games. Financially, Kendal is just too far to get to for home matches for over 90% of our fans. How would you help the fans to get to this stadium in Kendal? Now remember here that Wimbledon actually put on buses to get their fans to Milton Keynes and its not a cheap operation.

I would still debate by saying that the majority of Bolton fans do live within a 10 mile radius of the Reebok and with the help of the match-day buses Reebok is quite easy to get to. If we didn't have those buses, how many would actually turn up every other week?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moving the club to Glasgow would be a great idea.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton Rangers of Glasgow?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum