Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newcastle United target 'new Gazza' Mark Davies

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The new Gazza!!!

NEWCASTLE United are understood to have Bolton Wanderers star Mark Davies on their summer transfer shortlist.

Owen Coyle believes that Davies is a future England star – and has even hailed the midfield man as the new Gazza.

The Magpies are believed to be keeping tabs on the 23-year-old, with Alan Pardew keen to bolster his options ahead of next season.

Relegation-haunted Bolton will be facing a battle to hold on to their star players should they lose their bid to retain Premier League status.

And Davies – at 23 – is unlikely to be prepared to ply his trade in the Championship with United scouts impressed by his performances so far this season.

With Newcastle very much still in the hunt for European places, Pardew will have to strengthen his squad ahead of next season if they make it back into Continental competition.

Bolton are deep in the mire at the wrong end of the Premier League and are six points adrift of safety with just 13 games left.

Relegation could mean a fire sale at the Reebok Stadium, with stars like Davies almost certain to have moves sanctioned if they dropped out of the top flight.

The former Wolves player signed a new contract last year at Bolton, tying him down until 2015, but the Trotters have quickly turned from Europa League challengers into relegation fodder, and sources close to the player have indicated to the Chronicle that ambitious Davies could be ready to join a bigger club.

Davies would offer United another box-to-box midfielder and spruce up competition in Pardew’s engine room, with the player also chalking up three goals this term in 23 Premier League matches, his last coming on Saturday in the 2-1 loss to Wigan Athletic.

Speaking about Davies, Coyle said: “Mark’s style of play is a rare commodity.

“There are not many midfielders around who can keep the ball like he does.

“When Mark is at his best he drives forward and takes people on. The best example of that was Paul Gascoigne who could drive with the ball.

“Mark has a long way to go to get to that level, he has got to get a level of consistency into his game.

“But he has got great quick feet and he has got an end product to his play as well.

“He also has great fitness levels, with continued development in the next six to 12 months he could go on to play for anybody.

“There is no doubt he has a huge career ahead of him.”

Read More [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Newcastle United target 'new Gazza' Mark Davies Empty Newcastle interested in M Davies Wed Feb 15 2012, 07:14

We all knew other clubs would eventually be interested but if Bolton stay up do you think he would leave for Newcastle? Its from the Newcastle Cronical as well so probably some truth in it. I just hope if we do stay up he will commit to us and stay...some how doubt it though Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry sluffy, didn't see you had this and just did the same thing basically. My bad!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yet another reason why we need to stay up. Getting relegated will be a disaster for us and we will not bounce back. How could we with a crap manager, crap players (after the quality has been sold) and no money.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll drive Mark Davies to Newcastle, just give me a time and a place.

But I'll have to stop off at the local farm to borrow a donkey trailer.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't believe a word of it because of this line: -

and are six points adrift of safety with just 13 games left.

Come back when you can do your bloody research!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum