Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reebok Roar Facebook Site - RECOMMENDED!

+14
scottjames30
clairelouise76
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Kane57
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
Lyric Todkill
Sgt. Bash
richdavies1988
BoltonTillIDie
tunnsterbwfc
gloswhite
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As most people know although Nuts does have our own Facebook and Twitter sites, we aren't the best in the world at using them, as most of us behind the scenes really just like to use the forum itself to share our news and views of the team and to have a laugh or three along the way.

Well we would like to grow the forum to attract more people and posts - to continue to make the site better for us all - and we know Facebook and Twitter would help on this by getting us more widely known.

We have from time to time requested volunteers who do have an active interest in FB or twitter to step forward and help us but as I suspected, most people who post on forums like forums best - those who post on FB similarly like FB best and the same applies to twitter.

So I find myself delighted to announce that we've discovered a bloody good Wanderers Facebook site called Reebok Roar, who are happy to promote Nuts on their site and obviously we are more than happy to do the same for them on here!

Funnily enough there does seem to be strong similarity between our two sites, both were set up by the request of others who were unhappy with the sites they were on before; Both were established mainly through word of mouth; Both are in it for the love of it, with no intention of trying to make any money from it.

The Admin of the site is our newest member 'tunnsterbwfc', who I am sure will be more than happy to welcome any FB users we have to his site and sort out any teething troubles you may have.

It is not our intention to shelve our own FB account and if there is any interest in helping us out with it please let me know - but we want to take this opportunity of working with 'Tunnster' now whilst it is in the best interests of both our sites to promote each other (Hope we are using much more of the 'promote' word in the next month or two in a different context!).

Reebok Roar is a friendly and welcoming community some of whom meet up to go to games together.

So any FB fans out there please join the site and pass the message on to your family and friends (and don't forget to tell them about us at the same time!

The link to the site is below.

We would like to encourage that any news we have on our forum is passed on and shared with 'Roar' and similarly Roar will share any news and views they have with us too!

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/243159915795306/?hc_location=stream

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I put in a request to join the group, I think, so will have to wait and see what happens now.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If you have any sort of a problem Glos, pm 'tunnsterbwfc' on here and he'll be more than happy to sort things out for you.

It's a very decent site to be honest and I'm not just saying that for effect, I really mean lt.

tunnsterbwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi 'tunnster' here, really wish I hadnt used that name everywhere now, but its stuck with me (real name is Paul), thanks for the mention, we usually accept join requests as soon as we spot them so you should be in the group now gloswhite, welcome to the Roar!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/243159915795306/3709931663453

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Dave - Welcome to Bolton Nuts

Its a good Facebook Page you have! I'd recommend it to

Glad you have signed up here and hope you post some of your match reports here Smile

tunnsterbwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

Thanks for the welcome, yeah, we're quite proud with what we have done with the Group, its started to grow a lot recently, more than we ever expected really. Me and Richard who joined me early on to start the group put a lot of time into it and its starting to all pay off now, we also have Stephen who has recently been 'promoted' to admin to share the increasing load. I do match reports for every home game, their nothing professional and purely my thoughts on what I've seen at the game, people seem to like them though so they'll keep on coming, if your on the group, you'll find match reports for every home game under the files tab near the top of the group.
Never been a big user of forums really, so still finding my feet around here, but it all looks like good banter and a lot of love for the club!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Paul.

I can change your user name on here very easily if you would like?

Anyway, appreciate the kind words about 'Nuts' both on here and on 'Roar' and look forward to a long and hopefully mutually beneficial link-up between our two sites.

richdavies1988

richdavies1988
David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi guys admin number 2 here Richard Very Happy i like the smiley face on here
time paul....its my 2nd full time job lol
Glad you guys/girls like it, the feeling mutual Smile

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Maybe the sites should merge, I'm not on Facebook, but it sounds like Roar have a big community on there, maybe we should become Reebok Roar website and forum and they stay the Facebook face of the operation?

*I suggested we become Reebok Roar forum as opposed to them becoming Bolton Nuts Facebook as it sounds like they have the more well known "brand", if you know what I mean!

Just a thought, anyway.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

money changing hands?

tunnsterbwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

Heck, we have a brand?! Its something to think about, personally I dont want to get too far ahead of ourselves and I think Rich would agree, we're still very much a fledgling group. Its certainly something to think about and something we would have to put to our members as well i think. I'm happy for now to just be mutual 'site' friends, promoting each other when it suits and the like, and see where we go.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, I agree, maybe one day but we need to get a lot more comfortable with each others community before that happens.

Hell and welcome by the way Rich.

I personally think we operate in different spheres anyway in that I think people tend to stick in the medium they feel most comfortable in anyway - Facebookers tend to stay on FB and forumers tend to stay on forums.

We (Nuts) have been trying - and failing - for sometime to raise awareness of our site to people who may not even know we exist, one way of doing this is by spreading the word on FB.

We do have our own FB site fully established but the trouble is that non of us are avid FB users (I don't even use FB on a personal level) so the next obvious step was to find a good decent Wanderers FB site and propose a mutual raising of our profiles on each others sites - as a benefit to each other.

I don't personally envisage many people rushing to join the respective other site, because as I've said above I think if people wanted to be on FB they would already be users on there already and visa-versa for forums too! Same logic applying to twitter as well.

We also have, if the 'Roar'ers' haven't realised it yet, a number of shall we say 'characters' on here, some of which may take some getting used too if you didn't understand their 'humour' - at least I hope they aren't being serious with some of the things they come out with!

I can't say I'm proud of every post that is made on here, so I'm sure it may seem at times a bit off putting to people who don't share or history, some of us dating back on various forums a decade or more.

So for now I think the best way to progress is a warm and friendly promotion of each other’s sites for our own respective mutual benefit, as Paul suggests.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Welcome to the board guys, joined the group earlier today and I thought it was very well put together.

:good:

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I joined the other day at it seems like a very good FB page - I have purchased a Kevin Davies mask after reading a thread on there yesterday. Pitch invasion on Saturday if we make the playoffs? Come on!

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm not a fan of this 'Roar' page.

1)Admins picking and choosing what topics can be discussed
2)Deleting threads on a whim
3)Banning people who question their decisions
4)Having some fat bird as an admin

Poor move, Sluffy.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:I'm not a fan of this 'Roar' page.

Poor move, Sluffy.

Points 1-3 are why people become mods. It's to be expected!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor move, Sluffy.

Shocked Nobody is making you read it. If you don't like it then why not just ignore it?

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I read it on the recommendation of this thread - and then detailed my reasons as to why I haven't read it since.

It's quite straightforward.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor move, Sluffy.

I have seen no evidence of the four points you have made regarding this thread. Shocked

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Point 4 should be especially obvious, she's massive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum