Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know How We Can Stay Up

+7
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Sun Feb 26 2012, 22:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's the most draining, demoralising thing in the world to watch the club

Steady.

32I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Sun Feb 26 2012, 22:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's the most draining, demoralising thing in the world to watch the club

Steady.

I was at the game yesterday, i had a late invitation from a certain club owner who i won't mention, he is russian though.

33I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 09:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was at the game yesterday, i had a late invitation from a certain club owner who i won't mention, he is russian though.

You too huh? Perhaps we were sat next to each other and didn't even know it. Are you 23 stone with a BO problem?

34I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was at the game yesterday, i had a late invitation from a certain club owner who i won't mention, he is russian though.

You too huh? Perhaps we were sat next to each other and didn't even know it. Are you 23 stone with a BO problem?

No i look a bit like George Clooney when he was in E.R but i've got bigger muscles.

Where you the woman with a floral muumuu on who spent 70 minutes of the match eating the free sandwiches?

35I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 15:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Strange thread this. Starts off with how we might stay up, but just one mention of what OC says "on the record" for the benefit of the media and it turns into a discussion of who should replace him.

Once again I have to mention that what he says to the media is not necessarily anything to do with what he says to the players. If I was manager I'd also back the players in the media but I'd be biting throats out in private after that capitulation.

This time, OC kept both Muamba and NRC on the park to shield the back 4 and we still gave away soft goals. Terrible marking at the back and poor closing down, especially the Luis goal. Something's got to improve so OC needs to get into ass-whupping mode pretty damn quick.

36I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 15:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The problem is just as you say, if he goes int 'ass-whupping mode' how will we know? He'll still be spouting the same old rubbish, and I for one don't have time for people who say one thing and do another. Better if he just didn't say anythng.

37I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Once again I have to mention that what he says to the media is not necessarily anything to do with what he says to the players.

It doesn't matter. After a year of defeat after defeat whatever he is saying to the players isn't working so he might as well tell the truth to the cameras.

All this positives from 3-0 drubbings bollocks just makes him look stupid and not fit to manage a team.

I have no faith in the guy, the fact the people who run BWFC clearly do is a major worry. I could sort of take relegation if they sacked Coyle, but from the noises coming out of the club his brief is to take us to League 2.

38I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's no point sacking Coyle now and it is moot to discuss who would replace him.

Look what has happened to Wolves.

Sacking a manager in February and expecting to attract a decent, proven PL manager to pick up the pieces is ambitious.

Sacking a manager in February and expecting a lunatic rookie to pick up the pieces is suicidal.

It amuses me how people were calling for Mark Hughes on BA, well, he spent about £20m in January and look how well he is doing.

Coyle is going nowhere for the rest of the season. Accept it, even if you don't like it.

It's all well and good making fanciful hypotheses for a bit of fun I suppose, but Paolo Di Canio, while doubtlessly has passion, took many months to settle into the Swindon job and make the changes he wanted. If for no other reason, accept this is a lame duck suggestion purely because we don't have many months.

39I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop talking sense.

40I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:49

largehat wrote:There's no point sacking Coyle now and it is moot to discuss who would replace him.

Sacking a manager in February and expecting to attract a decent, proven PL manager to pick up the pieces is ambitious.

Sacking a manager in February and expecting a lunatic rookie to pick up the pieces is suicidal.

It amuses me how people were calling for Mark Hughes on BA, well, he spent about £20m in January and look how well he is doing.

Coyle is going nowhere for the rest of the season. Accept it, even if you don't like it.

It's all well and good making fanciful hypotheses for a bit of fun I suppose, but Paolo Di Canio, while doubtlessly has passion, took many months to settle into the Swindon job and make the changes he wanted. If for no other reason, accept this is a lame duck suggestion purely because we don't have many months.

I hope Bolton don't sack Coyle, he's on a mission to get you relegated.

41I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:There's no point sacking Coyle now and it is moot to discuss who would replace him.

Firstly I have to say I am shocked to learn you are Largehat. I feel cheated. I will never trust a man again.

Secondly, you say there is no point sacking Coyle now...that's just silly talk. As the fat dickhead from Blackburn says above, Coyle is only taking us down and even if a miracle happens and he keeps us up - what evidence is there that it won't be more of the same shite next season?

A half decent manager could easily keep us up with the fixtures we have left, as far as I am concerned it is suicide NOT to sack Coyle.

42I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 11:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I perhaps didn't make it clear enough, but I meant there is no point in sacking Coyle between now and the end of the season... that window of opportunity has passed us by, sacking a manager mid season, after the transfer window has come and gone, when we can't afford or can't attract a top notch replacement, is not a good move. We are one point from safety FFS. What is this miracle you speak of?

43I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I perhaps didn't make it clear enough, but I meant there is no point in sacking Coyle between now and the end of the season... that window of opportunity has passed us by, sacking a manager mid season, after the transfer window has come and gone, when we can't afford or can't attract a top notch replacement, is not a good move. We are one point from safety FFS. What is this miracle you speak of?

I just don't agree - a new manager brings new hope. We haven't had hope for a long time. And perhaps the players would perform for another manager. Perhaps not, but it's worth a try.

44I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The time to sack him has long gone, long long gone.

I'm numb to it now anyway. I don't expect us to stay up, and if we do it will be because someone else fucks up, not that we did well enough to do so.

45I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair enough, but the answer to "how we can stay up" is get 7 points out of QPR home, Blackburn home and Wolves away, not Paolo sodding Di Canio.

Don't tell me this would be miraculous, and go on about the Wigan game, we also recently beat Liverpool, Everton and got a deserved draw with Arsenal.

It can happen. It can be done.

46I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep, because of the poor quality of the teams around we're still not even cut adrift, hilarious when you think just how rank awful we've been.

47I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm amazed myself we are still only a couple of points from safety, just shows how poor some of the teams around us have been I suppose, which is why I still think we have a good chance of staying up if we can get 2 wins on the bounce after the City game.

Sadly I think come the end of March we will most certainly be cut adrift, bad to say but I actually think we will be 20th come the Wolves away game.

I don't remember much of the 1997/98 season when we went down but we surely couldn't have been as bad as what we are now back then?

48I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves are shit, but i've watched them give a good fight in a lot of games.

QPR, are surprisingly shit. I think it might be between us and them. Blackburn have put up a good fight in a lot of games.

Wigan are almost certainly down.

49I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A man walks to work. When he gets to the end of his street he can turn left or right, both will get him to work in roughly the same time.

Every single day he chooses to turn left, and every single day a man punches him in the stomach. Yet he still chooses to go left every day.

Why doesn't he try going right? There may well be a man there to punch him, but isn't it worth the risk. He has nothing to lose.

50I know How We Can Stay Up - Page 3 Empty Re: I know How We Can Stay Up Tue Feb 28 2012, 13:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Coyle does make changes in personnel and tactics, Natasha. This business about turning left of right is a gross oversimplification.

He's just an average manager with average squad of players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum