Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed?

+2
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that the clubs don't take the FA Cup seriously I have decided to withdraw my support and will be missing the game at Macclesfield.

I pity the younger fan who has never witnessed the magic of the Cup. Believe me kids, days like this were the highlight of the season - not any anymore.

Has anyone else given up on the Cup?

2FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 12:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gave it up years ago when clubs started thinking more about the Premier league money and started playing weakend teams in the cup.

3FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 12:50

Hi, first post other than the introduction part. I'm not attending today either, the disappointment of the season so far along with shelling out last season to attend Birmingham and Wembley only to get mullered by Stoke and what seemed like a lack of commitment and tactical ineptitude to change what was happening kind of put me off. Saying that the tactical ineptitude appears to have carried on this season. Still think it's more by luck than good managing/coaching that we've managed to get a few points on the board recently. Hopefully the overpaid tossrs will have their game heads on today so's we don't have to face the embarrasment of yet another defeat. Couldn't face the stick by work colleagues etc......

4FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boltonbhoy wrote:Hopefully the overpaid tossrs will have their game heads on today so's we don't have to face the embarrasment of yet another defeat. Couldn't face the stick by work colleagues etc......

Join the club. I have a Macclesfield fan in the next office. My life will be Hell if Macc win.

5FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 18:51

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just before I leave, I have to say I totally agree with you Nat, I remember cup games like Southampton away, god damn that Barry Horne. I remember the 2 ties against Liverpol where we threw away a lead at home but won at Anfield. I remember winning at Arsenal in extra time. The cup was a really special competition in the early 90s when we were in the lower leagues. But when you're a Premiership team and play the big teams week in week out it is no longer special. Even last year getting to the semi finals was nothing to look back on fondly. It is a shame the younger fans don't get to experience what we did 20 years ago. God, is it really 20 years ago?

6FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 18:54

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Now that the clubs don't take the FA Cup seriously I have decided to withdraw my support and will be missing the game at Macclesfield.

I pity the younger fan who has never witnessed the magic of the Cup. Believe me kids, days like this were the highlight of the season - not any anymore.

Has anyone else given up on the Cup?

Gave up on it (it gave itself up, really) about 6/7 years ago. Was not tempted last year until 1/4 final.

7FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 20:28

fa cup is shit, wish i supported league 2 team where it still means something.

8FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sat Jan 07 2012, 20:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Nut's Dad wrote:fa cup is shit, wish i supported league 2 team where it still means something.

Your avatar offends me.

9FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sun Jan 08 2012, 13:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like yours Nat Smile

10FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sun Jan 08 2012, 13:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I like yours Nat Smile

Thanks, it was taken at my friend's pool.

11FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sun Jan 08 2012, 15:23

<blockquote>gloswhite wrote:I like yours Nat Smile
</blockquote>

Thanks, it was taken at my friend's pool.

hope it was not the pool at the end of the m62 nat!
calm down, calm down!

12FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sun Jan 08 2012, 15:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't go within 10 miles of Merseyside.

13FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sun Jan 08 2012, 16:34

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The FA Cup has lost some magic.

However if we dropped down 2 divisions and then drew Man Utd or Arsenal the magic would be back, as if by magic.

14FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Empty Re: FA Cup - Can You Be Arsed? Sun Jan 08 2012, 16:43

jayjay23 wrote:The FA Cup has lost some magic.

However if we dropped down 2 divisions and then drew Man Utd or Arsenal the magic would be back, as if by magic.

This is very true. If we suddenly drew Barcelona in any competition the Reebok would be full.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum