Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe Mason

+10
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Barryjw
scottjames30
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Culcheth_White
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Mason Tue Nov 12 2013, 14:54

Keegan wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Cardiff City have sensationally pulled the plug on Joe Mason’s loan at Wanderers.

Very Happy 
It came through from Reuters on the ticker-tape machine at my club at about 8:30 this morning.

Sandwiched between "Obama's dog confirmed to have a bit of a cold" and "Man falls off ladder in Nairobi - minor injuries."
Poor Bo... feel better soon, little doggie.
Don't worry about him.

Despite the best efforts of those nasty Republicans, Obama-Care will provide for him.

32Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Mason Tue Nov 12 2013, 16:15

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Deals been pulled!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
After this I'd have to say we should now forget this lad entirely. Cardiff are taking the urine here both with us and the player himself. Frankly if I was him I'd be fuming because he's not played in a league match all season yet when he gets a club that want him and can give him regular football his manager says yes then suddenly changes his mind? Hell I'd be on the phone to my agent so fast I might burn out the phone lines.
The manager never said yes.

33Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Mason Tue Nov 12 2013, 16:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

kennster wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

After this I'd have to say we should now forget this lad entirely. Cardiff are taking the urine here both with us and the player himself. Frankly if I was him I'd be fuming because he's not played in a league match all season yet when he gets a club that want him and can give him regular football his manager says yes then suddenly changes his mind? Hell I'd be on the phone to my agent so fast I might burn out the phone lines.
Then why is he quoted as having had a change of heart kennster? And are you seriously telling me Mason was training with us and that a loan deal was signed WITHOUT the manager's approval? If you believe that then frankly you have to be daft because Mackay doesn't strike me as the sort of manager who'd let someone else do such a deal without getting an OK from him first.

34Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Mason Tue Nov 12 2013, 16:32

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
kennster wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Then why is he quoted as having had a change of heart kennster? And are you seriously telling me Mason was training with us and that a loan deal was signed WITHOUT the manager's approval? If you believe that then frankly you have to be daft because Mackay doesn't strike me as the sort of manager who'd let someone else do such a deal without getting an OK from him first.
Considering that they sacked one of the best scouts in the world and then replaced him with a 24 year old from Kazakhstan with no footballing experience who only got the job because he was best friends with the owners son. I think my theory is quite plausible.

35Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Mason Tue Nov 12 2013, 16:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

kennster wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
kennster wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Considering that they sacked one of the best scouts in the world and then replaced him with a 24 year old from Kazakhstan with no footballing experience who only got the job because he was best friends with the owners son. I think my theory is quite plausible.
Theory NOT fact as you originally stated and a theory that isn't even remotely borne out by the article quoted in the original post on this thread. Kennster sometimes you need to read the damned story and the other poster's comments properly before typing mate. It's an error I've made myself on occasion so this isn't a dig but the story says MacKay had a change of heart, implying at least that he said YES at some point then changed his mind after the deal was done.

36Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Mason Wed Nov 13 2013, 12:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cardiff City striker Joe Mason remains on Bolton Wanderers' radar

Joe Mason will remain on the Wanderers radar despite being forced into a bizarre U-turn in his move from Cardiff City.

Just a few hours after a three-month loan deal was announced between the two clubs on Monday evening, Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay reversed his decision due to injuries in his squad and called his striker back to South Wales.

Mason had trained with Wanderers on Monday and reported at Euxton ready to do the same the next day only to be sent packing.

Although Cardiff’s decision has no doubt caused some consternation in the Whites camp, it is understood both Dougie Freedman and Mackay remain on excellent terms and that the deal could still be revived, possibly even as early as next week.

Explaining the reason for his change of heart, Mackay said: “Rudy Gestede and Peter Odemwingie both took wee knocks and our thought was that we had to be sure both are okay.

“Neither is serious, but I felt it was right to bring Joe back. Hopefully, though, the loan move could be completed in a week or so. It’s simply a case of being certain exactly how Rudy and Peter are.

“I talked to Dougie (Freedman) and apologised to him. He understands that we have a couple of minor injuries and just want those checked out.

“We are hopeful something will be done about the loan next week.”

Gestede has a knee injury, while Odemwingie has a tightness in a leg and will be assessed again next week.

“We’ll see how Peter is over the international break and then make our decision,” said Mackay, who also made it clear he believes Mason has a big future with Cardiff.

“Joe was only going out with a view to playing matches,” said Mackay.

It does leave Freedman – who had also been close to signing the 22-year-old in the summer – facing a search for a striker to boost his ranks before the close of the emergency loan window on November 28.

The Whites boss has rejected rumours linking him with Gestede and has also been mentioned as a possible suitor for Leeds United’s Luke Varney.

The Scot is anxious to bring in reinforcements to his in-form side before the busy festive spell and is also on the lookout for a left-back as cover for the injured Marc Tierney.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum