Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Bolton Wanderers players could be set for exit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman has hinted that David Ngog may not be the only player he could choose to cash-in on to fund his January transfer plans.

The Wanderers boss has so far stayed silent on reports that his French striker is due in Turkey for talks with Bursaspor this week, with a view to a £1million move next month.

But Freedman has made no secret of the fact he wants to bolster his squad in the transfer window, with a left-back and a winger high on his list of priorities.

Loanees Kevin McNaughton and Neil Danns are also due to return to their parent clubs, while former loanee Liam Feeney has also been discussed as a potential target in the New Year.

Freedman is confident he will get the financial backing to bring in the players he needs from club owner Eddie Davies but accepts he may also need to allow some of his “assets” to leave the Reebok in order to balance the books.

“I made a mistake last year because we didn’t strengthen in key positions and by the end of the season we’d lost Jay Spearing, then David Ngog, one or two others,” said the Whites boss. “We missed them big time.

“We need to make sure that we cover ourselves.

“Can I strengthen? Yes, I can, as long as it’s sensible. I’ll go to the board and express my views on why we should strengthen with such a player.

“If I have to make funds available from my own resources then I will – I have a couple of assets in the team, so we’ll look at that situation.

“You never know who’s going to knock at your door so you have to be ready.

“But there are options for people going out and people coming in, definitely.”

Ngog is one of six players out of contract next summer, along with Chris Eagles, Tyrone Mears, Stuart Holden, Zat Knight and Andre Moritz.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum