Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When were you disappointed by a season worse than this one.

+6
Norpig
Culcheth_White
xmiles
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
White84
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

History books out know lady's n gents I'm going for our relegation to Division 4.Back then and we are only talking 25 years ago or so.Then the Reebok was a piped dream,the fact World Cup Winners have pulled on the Wanderers top and we have been entertained by the likes of JJ Okocha,Campo and many more top internationals I don't need to name makes me wonder what went on when Coyle was here.No tactics,five a side kickabouts.                       When I heard what Kevin Davies had allegedly said on GMR it reminded me of that advert that Lanky diving twat Crouch is on where he joins that club on TV that's like a circus.Now we  are being subjected to what can only be described as a total mess.Worst season in my opinion since we were relegated to Division 4 all those years ago. :drwho:  :dougie:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Probably nailed it there. It's certainly not pleasant on the eye anymore and I personally think it could get much worse before it gets much better. We are in a right mess and it won't change anytime soon.
What amuses me is the positives some fans try to find. We are all in this together but Ffs let's all wear the same glasses!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Probably nailed it there. It's certainly not pleasant on the eye anymore and I personally think it could get much worse before it gets much better. We are in a right mess and it won't change anytime soon.
What amuses me is the positives some fans try to find. We are all in this together but Ffs let's all wear the same glasses!!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Relegation to the 4th division was the lowest point of my life. I remember thinking the world had ended,but I got over it. It just seems at the moment we're peddling like fuck and going nowhere.For me,Freedman is the wrong man at the wrong time,but old Garty knows best.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Relegation to the 4th division was the lowest point of my life. I remember thinking the world had ended,but I got over it.

Certainly the most disappointing season for me football wise but never "the lowest point in my life".

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Relegation to the 4th division was the lowest point of my life. I remember thinking the world had ended,but I got over it.

Certainly the most disappointing season for me football wise but never "the lowest point in my life".
I should have said 'football life'. But you get my drift. As Bill Shankly said,"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death,I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much,much more important than that". Very Happy

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

8th November 1986, I remember sitting in the Manchester Road stand, thinking what the fook is happening? That's how bad things were back then.
Score1-0 to Newport County
CompetitionLeague Division Three
VenueBurnden Park
Attendance4,530

I enjoyed our brief sojourn in English football's bottom tier.

The Wrexham game is one of my all-time top 3.

Not sure it'd be as much fun this time round though......

Woooo....Manny Rd Stand, get you, Culcheth, you posh bastard.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Woooo....Manny Rd Stand, get you, Culcheth, you posh bastard.
I'm even posher now, as I sit in the West Stand, but Fat Frank sits near me, so maybe it's going a bit downhill.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i loved the fourth division, that was the season i started going so only have happy memories of Sumo, John Thomas, Dean Crombie and the rest.

The only other time i have not looked forward to going before now was probably under Mugson. Probably quite similar to now, negative football and an arrogant manager

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:
I'm even posher now, as I sit in the West Stand, but Fat Frank sits near me, so maybe it's going a bit downhill.

You poor bastard, you must sit in the same part of the west stand as me because I am about 10 rows behind Fat Frank....he's not exactly hard to miss is he.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

You poor bastard, you must sit in the same part of the west stand as me because I am about 10 rows behind Fat Frank....he's not exactly hard to miss is he.
I sit on row R. Your not that noisy kcunt who is always shouting abuse at the referee are you? He looks about 35, but sounds like an 80 year old bloke, who has smoked 100 woodbine a day. He is very funny though.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more disappointed now than ever, for the simple reason we've let are club slip unnecessary .

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

I sit on row R. Your not that noisy kcunt who is always shouting abuse at the referee are you? He looks about 35, but sounds like an 80 year old bloke, who has smoked 100 woodbine a day. He is very funny though.

Ha no I sit in row T, I think that guy sits one or two rows infront of me. Plus the dickhead who comes with his 2 sons and just stands up every 10 minutes to give the middle finger to the away fans.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

Ha no I sit in row T, I think that guy sits one or two rows infront of me. Plus the dickhead who comes with his 2 sons and just stands up every 10 minutes to give the middle finger to the away fans.
You obviously sit just behind me and I think you might sit just in front of "Banks of the Croal" you'll know who he is, he is always going for a piss/wank after every 10 minutes or so.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Our fans fell into the same trap as the vast majority of relegated clubs' fans when we went down.

There are clubs that got relegated over a decade ago, thought they'd come straight back up, and still find themselves saying "maybe this will be our year" every summer.

I looked at what Coyle was doing last summer, I went to a few pre-season friendlies, and I just knew it wasn't gonna happen for us. It's very rare that it happens as easily as we, and so many others thought it would. Newcastle went straight back up, West Brom did it a couple times, I can't think of many more.

I'm disappointed about where we are but not surprised. Nor will I be if we're no better off in five years time.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Try 7 seasons in the basement division, you soft sods.  Very Happy 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who asked your opinion? Haven't you got some sheep to tamper with?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Who asked your opinion? Haven't you got some sheep to tamper with?

I agree, Soul.

He's an utter bellend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum