Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leicester City v Bolton

+25
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
blackpeaswindybum
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
White84
Tigermin
NickFazer
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
observer
terenceanne
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 21:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
Biggie wrote:Hall was leaving big gaps for them to exploit or frailty in defence on the right back, Baptiste.

Fair enough Biggie.

What are the two sitting midfielders doing while that is going on?

Excellent question. That we can start with two defensive midfielders, and nonetheless need to sacrifice an attacking option at half time for additional defensive cover makes you wonder what the brains behind the original system are.

122Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 22:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheeky bastards at Leicester were charging their home fans £10 today whereas we had to pay £28 for an adult and £22 for a junior.

123Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 22:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Why do all our fans think that when the situation changes in a game it's all down to OUR manager and tactics. I would think that their manager, being at home said they need to kill the game and score more. If we didn't try to keep it tight for a bit or give Bappy some support on that side we could have ended on the wrong side of a 10-3. 

The half time change was the right one. But maybe we should have been more attacking after it was still 3-3 with 15 mins to go. However, it may not have been possible in the end to dictate the game at that stage, maybe they were just better than we were and made the most of it.
 i don't agree. Dougie gave up all hope of winning when he brought on Pratley, he played for a draw and sat back. After scoring 3 in the first half he must of known we could get at them just the same as they could get as us, he should have brought on Eagles or Mavies for Hall and try to keep the momentum up and take the game to them.

No one expected us to win and at half time we still had a chance until DF went back to plan A, defend at all costs. Poor decision from a poor manager

124Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 22:23

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Cheeky bastards at Leicester were charging their home fans £10 today whereas we had to pay £28 for an adult and £22 for a junior.

It's well wrong is that and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I know fans have a moan (and rightly so) when they visit us but our fans usually have to pay the same price as the away fans.

Hence the gates not being as large as what they could be, for a club in our position in the league.

125Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 22:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Cheeky bastards at Leicester were charging their home fans £10 today whereas we had to pay £28 for an adult and £22 for a junior.

Apparently you could pay on the door but wanted an extra 2 quid!!!

126Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 22:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Copper Dragon wrote:
Biggie wrote:Hall was leaving big gaps for them to exploit or frailty in defence on the right back, Baptiste.

Fair enough Biggie.

What are the two sitting midfielders doing while that is going on?

In answer to that ..... nowt.

Spearing is looking like a bust .....and I don't blame Doogie for it.  I like many others wanted him back.....looks like we cocked up. Medo is 50/50 at the moment. Moritz looks promising but oft injured.....so we need mavies and holden to get back and see where we are then.

All I hear is left back talk so can't say I'm hopeful going forward.

127Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 23:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

You are right Karly. We only bought 500 tickets but you could go in on the day for £30. King Power ( Kings of Duty Free ) another Thai company taking liberties.

128Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 23:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
karlypants wrote:

You are right Karly. We only bought 500 tickets but you could go in on the day for £30. King Power ( Kings of Duty Free ) another Thai company taking liberties.

King power is a load of shit BTW!

129Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 10:04

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we can safely say that one way or another its not a trip we will be making next year, in the league anyway.

130Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 10:13

Norpig wrote:
Biggie wrote:Why do all our fans think that when the situation changes in a game it's all down to OUR manager and tactics. I would think that their manager, being at home said they need to kill the game and score more. If we didn't try to keep it tight for a bit or give Bappy some support on that side we could have ended on the wrong side of a 10-3. 

The half time change was the right one. But maybe we should have been more attacking after it was still 3-3 with 15 mins to go. However, it may not have been possible in the end to dictate the game at that stage, maybe they were just better than we were and made the most of it.
 i don't agree. Dougie gave up all hope of winning when he brought on Pratley, he played for a draw and sat back. After scoring 3 in the first half he must of known we could get at them just the same as they could get as us, he should have brought on Eagles or Mavies for Hall and try to keep the momentum up and take the game to them.

No one expected us to win and at half time we still had a chance until DF went back to plan A, defend at all costs. Poor decision from a poor manager

This would hold some weight if Pratley had come on and just sat in front of Baptiste, but he didn't he pushed right on to their full back and tried to join in the attacks. It nullified Leicesters threat for most of the second half, whilst not taking much away from our attack as Hall wasn't doing a lot.

Copper's right to say Medo and Spearing need to be criticised as first half neither did anywhere near enough to help out the full backs, or press Leicesters midfield themselves.

131Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 10:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

trouble is Pratley is basically a headless chicken and offers very little in terms of quality, i would have preferred Mavies or Eagles to have come on and keep playing the way we were instead of trying to shut up shop.

Even dougie said the way to win was to score more goals than they did, but when it came down to it he didn't have the nerve to follow it through. His instinct is always safery first and it costs us most of the time especially at home.

132Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 12:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since Dougie took over I'd be interested to know how many games we've won when Eagles didn't play. I'm guessing not many.

The fact he keeps picking Pratley over Eagles is laughable. It seems every Bolton manager has to pick one donkey regardless of ability or form.

133Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 14:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've lost 2 loanees who were regulars recently and there was widespread concern that we'd be in big trouble when they went back.
I think we still have the same defensive problems but the attack looked sharp for a change.
Not expecting miracles in the window as all the clubs are saying that they are looking to improve their squads so there will be the usual scramble. See what Dougie comes up with.

134Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:We've lost 2 loanees who were regulars recently and there was widespread concern that we'd be in big trouble when they went back.

And big trouble we were certainly in.

Dougie has no plan, the loanees were a stop-gap to buy him time.

135Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 15:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We've lost 2 loanees who were regulars recently and there was widespread concern that we'd be in big trouble when they went back.

Time is all BWFC can afford to buy, regardless of who happens to be the manager.

I'll be amazed if DF's given any sort of competitive budget for January and I can't see us getting much income from sales so the only option is to try to keep it going until the debt is reduced and/or development squad players make the grade. Or a gazillionaire buys the club which isn't going to happen.

136Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 16:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Time is all BWFC can afford to buy, regardless of who happens to be the manager.

I'll be amazed if DF's given any sort of competitive budget for January and I can't see us getting much income from sales so the only option is to try to keep it going until the debt is reduced and/or development squad players make the grade. Or a gazillionaire buys the club which isn't going to happen.

Have you got the next 20 years?  :party:

137Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 17:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Have you got the next 20 years?  :party:

BWFC pretty much stole my life so another 20 won't make that much difference if I live that long Smile

138Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Mon Dec 30 2013, 17:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol! We have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes unfortunately.

139Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Tue Dec 31 2013, 13:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Tue Dec 31 2013, 14:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brain fart)

140Leicester City v Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Tue Dec 31 2013, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Christopher Sarginson will take charge of Wanderers’ clash with Middlesbrough on New Year’s Day.

Based in Staffordshire, Sarginson last officiated a Bolton Wanderers game back in September 2012 when the Whites were defeated 3-1 by Hull City at the KC Stadium.

An experienced official with over eight years spent in the professional game, Sarginson has so far featured in 16 games this season across the Championship, League One and League Two, handing out 51 yellow and four red cards in the process.

Paul Kettlewell and Mark Jones will run the line, while Mark Heywood is the fourth official.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrong match thread  Smile 

I seem to have been doing this a few times as well recently, I thought i was going a bit potty!  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum