Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leicester City v Bolton

+25
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
blackpeaswindybum
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
White84
Tigermin
NickFazer
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
observer
terenceanne
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

31Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:
NickFazer wrote:How about 3 centre backs and Baptist and maybe Vela as wing backs?

You have more chance of winning the lottery Nick, than Dougie changing formation and playing Vela as a wing back and I am being serious!

Vela as a wing back, you will be removed from doing the championship super 6 if you carry on with anymore ''above your station'' ideas like that.  Very Happy 

32Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks culceth

33Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:20

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Any excuse to have a pop at bolton

I know, I'm forever doing it Boggers.

I really don't know why I bother coming on this site, especially if all I'm going to do is have a go at Bolton.

Bloody dungaree wearing puddle slurping canal washing inbred six fingered banjo playing dingle.

34Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Any excuse to have a pop at bolton

I know, I'm forever doing it Boggers.

I really don't know why I bother coming on this site, especially if all I'm going to do is have a go at Bolton.

Bloody dungaree wearing puddle slurping canal washing inbred six fingered banjo playing dingle.
Hey Stan/Copper, what formation does Sean Dyche favour? Because this 4-2-3-1 formation which Dougie prefers isn't the real deal imo.

35Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A straight and very rigid 4-4-2.

It only really works if we have our full strength first XI out , and it especially only works when we have Jones and Marney in the middle of the park.

36Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wonder who is going to score our goals, our last two goal scorers have now gone back to their  parent clubs.

37Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:20

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:A straight and very rigid 4-4-2.

It only really works if we have our full strength first XI out , and it especially only works when we have Jones and Marney in the middle of the park.
You have the best defence in the League by a mile and one of the best goal scoring statistics too apart from Derby. If you had more strength in depth, you could well be even stronger this season.

Why Dougie can't be more attack minded baffles me, especially with some of the players at his disposal. I don't know why he thinks 4-4-2 is such a bad idea?

38Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He says 442 is old fashioned.

39Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:55

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:A straight and very rigid 4-4-2.

You have the best defence in the League by a mile and one of the best goal scoring statistics too apart from Derby. If you had more strength in depth, you could well be even stronger this season.

Why Dougie can't be more attack minded baffles me, especially with some of the players at his disposal. I don't know why he thinks 4-4-2 is such a bad idea?

A lot of it is probably down to the players at his disposal. I mean you can't (?) really see the likes of Lee and Eagles doing a proper shift up and down the flanks and helping their full backs out enough. That's also coupled with the fact (?) that you don't even have proper full backs playing for you at the moment.

To play a 4-4-2 you also need one centre midfielder who is like a jack russell with a balloon, up and down getting everywhere (that's Marney, he can pass a bit as well). The other centre midfielder has to be calm in possession and one which plays it about and keeps things moving (that's Jones).

Spearing and Pratley?

Medo and Davies?

I don't know, I'm not a Bolton fan  Very Happy 

40Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Medo and Spearing are only a fraction of the midfielders they could be.

They both have defensive as well as attacking qualities, the latter of which, we haven't seen this season as much as we did last season.

41Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:13

doffcocker wrote:Medo and Spearing are only a fraction of the midfielders they could be.

They both have defensive as well as attacking qualities, the latter of which, we haven't seen this season as much as we did last season.

I don't think either have much attacking quality to speak of, Medo's got a decent long shot on him and is probably better on the ball but both would prefer to sit in front of the back 4 and spoil opposition attacks then lay it off to a more creative player. 

Copper's absolutely spot on in what he says above, and I agree that we don't have the players to play a traditional 442 every week. Since Holden's injury we haven't had a dynamic box to box midfielder that's necessary for it, alongside Muamba's physicality we had a really good blend.

42Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WE have missed Muamba and his ability to tidy things up. He didn't score many but he had a great engine for running from box to box.

43Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:30

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:WE have missed Muamba and his ability to tidy things up. He didn't score many but he had a great engine for running from box to box.

Exactly RT and I think he was still developing.

Big miss for us, in my opinion.

44Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:08

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Some thought Muamba was a right donkey, however my own perspective was that we struggled when he wasn't on the park.

45Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Covered a lot of ground did Muamba. Not the most technically gifted but he had a tremendous engine. He was the closest we ever got to a Roy Keane type of player in midfield.

46Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:30

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When Muamba played a full 90 minutes 8 matches that season we won 5 drew 2 lost 1 when he was substituted we lost every match or when he came on as a sub.A prime example 0-0 v Norwich away and 0-0 v Newcastle Boxing Day 2011 looking like draws and what would have had been 2 good points,Clueless Coyle goes from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 bringing KD on 65 minutes 0-0 70 minutes 1-0 v Newcastle 78 minutes 2-0 midfield overrun.The same happened at Norwich Muamba subbed 71 minutes 1-0 88 mins 2-0. The stats speak for thereselves. ::mad::

47Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sat Dec 28 2013, 06:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muamba was great at breaking the other teams play up, he was a very valuable asset to our team.

Even though his football ability was not the best , he never stopped chasing the ball.

48Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sat Dec 28 2013, 06:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Muamba was occasionally like a brick wall in front of the defence, such that his incapabilities with the ball at his feet were worth suffering.

Not often enough was this the case in my opinion.

Would we be significantly better off had he not retired? I don't believe so.

49Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sat Dec 28 2013, 11:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Muamba's style of play was intentionally 'low key' because he didn't make wonderful passes, sleek switching of play, or any of those things you would reagard as good. What he did was simple, sometimes brutal, but usually effective. As mentioned, he was there simply to block the midfield, and break up the play when it was needed. It was up to his midfield partner to make the passes. He did make do-or-die tackles, sometimes because of his misreading of the game. He did have bad matches, but name me a player that has an excellent game, every game.The important thing, for me, was that he always tried. I think he would be one of the stars if he was playing in the current midfield.

50Leicester City v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sat Dec 28 2013, 12:31

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Totally agree. :clap:  :agree: 
gloswhite wrote:Muamba's style of play was intentionally 'low key' because he didn't make wonderful passes, sleek switching of play, or any of those things you would reagard as good. What he did was simple, sometimes brutal, but usually effective. As mentioned, he was there simply to block the midfield, and break up the play when it was needed. It was up to his midfield partner to make the passes. He did make do-or-die tackles, sometimes because of his misreading of the game. He did have bad matches, but name me a player that has an excellent game, every game.The important thing, for me, was that he always tried. I think he would be one of the stars if he was playing in the current midfield.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum