Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January business..

+17
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
scottjames30
Wolton Banderers
Norpig
Whitesince63
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RT: I think we all know what we can expect over the next month or so. Why not rename this thread something like "Jackanuary" and make it sticky so that all the speculation can be relatively contained?

32January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:RT: I think we all know what we can expect over the next month or so. Why not rename this thread something like "Jackanuary" and make it sticky so that all the speculation can be relatively contained?
Swearing alert, I am about to swear. You have been warned.  Twisted Evil 

Rename it "Jack -SHIT-uary" and get ready to say  "Happy New Phil does fuck all yet again" and you'll be spot on. 

We might get one on loan but we won't buy a single player and anyone even half decent will be 'over priced' and 'out of our reach' as Fat Phil explains that 'we wont be held to ransom' because a player with twenty goals to his name this season already turns out to cost more than two stale custard creams and a used teabag.

Seriously, I can't even be arsed to watch the transfer window this time. January is Bolton's 'do nowt month' and this'll be no different. I might have a look on the Beeb text service on Feb 1st to see who we didn't get.

33January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:29

How many players did we sign in the window last year?

34January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chelsea are ready to spark a January scrap by sending out wonderkid Jeremie Boga on loan. The midfielder, 16, is tipped to make a breakthrough at Stamford Bridge. The Blues want Boga to gain experience in the Championship first, with Bolton, Birmingham and Charlton set to fight for his services.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Dec 30 2013, 23:33; edited 1 time in total

35January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:RT: I think we all know what we can expect over the next month or so. Why not rename this thread something like "Jackanuary" and make it sticky so that all the speculation can be relatively contained?

Jackanory it is then!  Smile 

36January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:58

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:Chelsea are ready to spark a January scrap by sending out wonderkid Jeremie Boga on loan. the midfielder, 16, is tipped to make a breakthrough at Stamford Bridge. The Blues want Boga to gain experience in the Championship first, with Bolton, Birmingham and Charlton set to fight for his services.
Dougie wanted him a while back and do we need another attacking midfielder?  I would rather have Ryan Bertrand at left back, seeing as though Chelsea still owe us a loan player, but from what I've heard we won't be doing the choosing with regards to what player Chelsea will loan us.

37January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 19:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Seriously, I can't even be arsed to watch the transfer window this time. 
LPP - If you can go an entire month without commenting on the ludicrous speculation on unrealistic targets that we get every year I'll be truly amazed.

Dougie's failure to sign Dawson (and Ronaldhino) will at least spur you to call for his head yet again.

No way you'll keep schtum.

38January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 22:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Seriously, I can't even be arsed to watch the transfer window this time. 
LPP - If you can go an entire month without commenting on the ludicrous speculation on unrealistic targets that we get every year I'll be truly amazed.

Dougie's failure to sign Dawson (and Ronaldhino) will at least spur you to call for his head yet again.

No way you'll keep schtum.
Wanderlust I would appreciate it if you would at least get your facts a LITTLE bit straight mate. Show me one post, just ONE where I have EVER called for Dougie to be sacked let alone 'call for his head yet again'. I am one of the few on here who has consistently counselled patience until the end of this season before judging his fate and have done that very thing on the voting thread today. 

As to Dougie's failure to sign anyone, it's not HIS failure at all, any more than it was Owen Coyle's before him. They have no control over the purse strings and the purse itself is (so far as published finances say) empty to the tune of MINUS 136 MILLION quid. If he's given the money to even sign a free I'll be surprised because it looks as though he's been told "sell to buy" and "Release to loan" somewhere along the line. I freely admit I don't KNOW for a fact he or Owen were told that but the way we have done almost nothing in the buying market and not a massive amount in loans would suggest it. Phil tells them what money they can't have and Dougie then will have to do what if anything he can. That's why I called it PHIL-does-fuck-all and not DOUGIE-does-nowt. 

Be a good chap here wanderlust; at least check that you're right before deciding to post on something you think I've already said please?  :nono:

39January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 23:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LPP, I think you have misunderstood Wanderlust's comment. He actually bats for the same side as you and I. He wasn't having a go at you in any shape or form. He was referring to speculation about the January window. That's all this post is about. Pure speculation, nothing more, and sometimes where speculation is concerned, common sense and facts go out of the window.

40January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 23:47

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:LPP, I think you have misunderstood Wanderlust's comment. He actually bats for the same side as you and I.  He wasn't having a go at you in any shape or form. He was referring to speculation about the January window. That's all this post is about. Pure speculation, nothing more, and sometimes where speculation is concerned, common sense and facts go out of the window.
No Rt he is referring to me personally. Read his sentence. 

"Dougie's failure to sign Ronaaldinho and Dawson will spur you to call for his head yet again. 

No way you'll keep schtum."

Not "the antie Dougie brigade", not "they", he says "you" and does it twice. I resent people putting words in my mouth at the best of times, to have it done by a complete stranger who could have damned well checked what I'd said before pontificating on it with a few clicks of a mouse is bloody well annoying and I won't leave it unanswered. I'm normally pretty mild mannered and quite reasonable but this one I won't let slide. If you are going to give your opinion of what I will or will not say you'd better either know me personally quite well or have some previous posts of mine as evidence to back yourself. It may sound petty but this is an issue I take seriously no matter what "side" wanderlust is on.

41January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 23:56

Pete, calm down mate.

We're not in the safe "Kansas" of 606 any-more.

That world's gone forever and we're somewhere else, operating under a different set of rules now.

Stick with your convictions, speak your mind, make some new friends and don't take anything to heart.

It's the only way, mate.

And it's fun.   Very Happy

42January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Tue Dec 31 2013, 00:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:LPP, I think you have misunderstood Wanderlust's comment. He actually bats for the same side as you and I.  He wasn't having a go at you in any shape or form. He was referring to speculation about the January window. That's all this post is about. Pure speculation, nothing more, and sometimes where speculation is concerned, common sense and facts go out of the window.
No Rt he is referring to me personally. Read his sentence. 

"Dougie's failure to sign Ronaaldinho and Dawson will spur you to call for his head yet again. 

No way you'll keep schtum."

Not "the antie Dougie brigade", not "they", he says "you" and does it twice. I resent people putting words in my mouth at the best of times, to have it done by a complete stranger who could have damned well checked what I'd said before pontificating on it with a few clicks of a mouse is bloody well annoying and I won't leave it unanswered. I'm normally pretty mild mannered and quite reasonable but this one I won't let slide. If you are going to give your opinion of what I will or will not say you'd better either know me personally quite well or have some previous posts of mine as evidence to back yourself. It may sound petty but this is an issue I take seriously no matter what "side" wanderlust is on.

Trust me. Wanderlust doesn't take the piss and rarely attacks posters unless their name starts with N and their surname ends with W.

He was referring to the speculation and not your comments.

43January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Tue Dec 31 2013, 19:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some good news at last fellow Nutters. The transfer window finally opens in around 5 hours time and if we manage to sign Ronaldhinho, we just need to sell 500,000 shirts with his name on the back. This should rake in around £150 million, so keep the faith!  :party:

44January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Tue Dec 31 2013, 20:13

And we could put the Gold-Line up to 500 quid a week.....

If the 500,000 people who all bought Ronaldhinho shirts all join the Gold-Line and pay £500 a week, we'd have....erm.........hang on.....(pulls tongue out and screws up face while he works it out).....a billion quid by the end of the month.

Why hasn't Gartside thought of this?

Idiot.

45January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 00:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on Duggie- it's already 15 minutes into the transfer season!! He should have got some new faces in by now!!

46January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Come on Duggie- it's already 15 minutes into the transfer season!! He should have got some new faces in by now!!

Just seen Rob Earnshaw and Titus Bramble shaking hands with Dougie outside the Reebok.

47January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 10:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Come on Duggie- it's already 15 minutes into the transfer season!! He should have got some new faces in by now!!

Just seen Rob Earnshaw and Titus Bramble shaking hands with Dougie outside the Reebok.

You're outside the Reebok already!!-You must be dedicated pet- the kickoffs not till 3pm today!!

48January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

You're outside the Reebok already!!-You must be dedicated pet- the kickoffs not till 3pm today!!

I was invited back for a "lock-in" with Garty & Dougie. As I was leaving two back guys walked in, one tall and a bit chubby, the other short and good looking.

I took these photos as I was walking out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

49January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 11:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know these two dudes. A couple of the catering staff have cried off for today's game and these two are covering the hot dog sales in the WSL.

50January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 17:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LPP - sorry being late in replying - just read it.

Not having a go at you and sorry if you see it that way.

I was trying to say that the transfer window tends to be silly season which makes it difficult not to respond to some of the tripe trotted out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum