Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back him, or sack him.

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
xmiles
Tigermin
karlypants
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
terenceanne
Norpig
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Back him or get rid.

Back him, or sack him. Vote_lcap48%Back him, or sack him. Vote_rcap 48% [ 23 ]
Back him, or sack him. Vote_lcap50%Back him, or sack him. Vote_rcap 50% [ 24 ]
Back him, or sack him. Vote_lcap2%Back him, or sack him. Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Back him, or sack him. Empty Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 11:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's see what the majority on here want to see happen.

Stick with the manager and get a bit of money for a couple of new players, or sack him ,and the new manager probably won't have anything to add for a year?

Also , if you want to get rid, who would you bring in?

Also , if you want to stick with who you've got, why?

2Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Definately the sack for me Scott I have absolutely no confidence we'll improve under Freedman. Apart from no man management skills his pre and post match comments are between rubbish and childish as well as patronising to supporters. He has a happy knack of turning good players into bad and there is no consistency in what he does and says.

For me he has to go and be replaced by someone more personable. My choice right now would be to bring back Phil Brown working with Jimmy P and LSL. At least their heart would be in the club.

3Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:20

I'd give him more time,

I think the clubs going through a transition at the moment as our financial problems catch up with us. Obviously it's impossible to say for certain without seeing the accounts but IMO his signings have been very good whilst moving out our high earning deadwood and also getting a decent blend of youth for the next few years, something our neglected development squad hasn't been delivering. I think given more time he'll continue to overhaul the squad on a tight budget, not many managers are capable of doing this effectively as we saw with OC.

He's also getting more out of players - Spearing, Pratley, Mills and Ream.

I don't think we need to be playing 442 every week as some here advocate and I also don't think all out attack would solve all of our problems as even though the defence has improved I doubt it would cope. But Dougie certainly needs to get the players playing at a higher tempo and playing with less caution in some fixtures. I'll give him more time to do this whilst he continues to rebuild.

4Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:20

What would you do Scott?

5Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1874 - how many games have you paid to see this season?

I ask because I can't imagine anyone who has to pay their hard earned money to watch the current shite would want to keep the manager.

6Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:36

Not many, 6 or 7. So it's difficult to form an opinion but going off everything I read, see and hear that's how I feel. Giving that opinion is the point of the thread. There are plenty on here who will have an opinion but don't attend every game home and away (i.e. you.).

7Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:40

Im not saying the quality of football has been good enough by the way, just that Im willing to give time to Dougie to improve it. I seriously doubt he's happy with performances despite what he claims in the press, one day fans will stop caring what managers say in the local rag as it's 99% bullshit and always will be.

8Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now is not the right time. I cannot for the life of me see us getting relegated, therefore the decision should be made at the end of the season.

9Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:55

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am sticking with Dougie, for now. Yes, some of the performances, especially at home have been poor [to say the least and I have seen them all except Millwall] but starting in January and then properly in the summer there will be an opportunity to clear the decks of those deemed surplus to requirements or not committed to the cause as contracts come to an end. 

If there has been significant changes behind the scenes and if we are committed to signing and developing younger players and getting them in the first team then I think changing the management now would be counter productive. From the start of next season though actions must speak louder than words, the players will all be Freedman's choice by then and he will have had more than 18 months to look at the structure of the development squads.

10Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:I am sticking with Dougie, for now. Yes, some of the performances, especially at home have been poor [to say the least and I have seen them all except Millwall] but starting in January and then properly in the summer there will be an opportunity to clear the decks of those deemed surplus to requirements or not committed to the cause as contracts come to an end. 

If there has been significant changes behind the scenes and if we are committed to signing and developing younger players and getting them in the first team then I think changing the management now would be counter productive. From the start of next season though actions must speak louder than words, the players will all be Freedman's choice by then and he will have had more than 18 months to look at the structure of the development squads.

A sensible approach.  :like: 

11Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:I am sticking with Dougie, for now. Yes, some of the performances, especially at home have been poor [to say the least and I have seen them all except Millwall] but starting in January and then properly in the summer there will be an opportunity to clear the decks of those deemed surplus to requirements or not committed to the cause as contracts come to an end. 

A foolish approach.

Freedman has been at the club over 12 months now and what has actually changed?

Results are just as bad as under Coyle, the players bought by Dougie even less competent at the basics than players bought by Coyle, and the entertainment on offer at an all time low.

And for all his bullshit in the media about young players, he hasn't actually blooded a single young player during his reign.

After 12 months you expect some green shoots of recovery. There have been none under Freedman - letting him continue as manager is just burying the club deeper in the shit.

12Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we will give him to the end of the season, personally i don't rate him, he is too stubborn. He will not even consider changing a system that doesn't work and only make changes when we go behind.

The entertainment value is very low at the moment and is reflected in the low crowds, his negative ways are putting people off. Yes he has a tough job being left with Coyle's dross but with the squad we have we should be higher up the table and the win yesterday is just papering over the cracks.

13Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely "entertainment value" should be everything to fans and the board.

As a fan, what is the point of going if you're not being entertained? And if you're the BWFC board, how long can you let this clown Freedman turn people away from the turnstiles with his brand of football?

14Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

A foolish approach.

Freedman has been at the club over 12 months now and what has actually changed?

Results are just as bad as under Coyle, the players bought by Dougie even less competent at the basics than players bought by Coyle, and the entertainment on offer at an all time low.

And for all his bullshit in the media about young players, he hasn't actually blooded a single young player during his reign.

After 12 months you expect some green shoots of recovery. There have been none under Freedman - letting him continue as manager is just burying the club deeper in the shit.

Nat is correct  ....   There is not a sign of improvement.
Another issue is the loanees that most want to sign may not be good enough themselves. They aren't good enough for their home clubs why are they worthy of us exactly? so if we have all loanees back ...then that's the best team we have?

15Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not a good time to remove him. Good point about not blooding the youngsters. I think we need to keep him until the summer, to see what benefit he's brought about. By then all the changes he's supposedly put in place should be showing some sort of progress, or not.

16Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sack him, when is their ever a right or wrong time to sack someone?

The football I have watched this season has been some of the poorest ever served up at the reebok and to be honest I am sick of it. His slow build up play is fucking boring - no wonder the crowds are dropping like buggery.

I know it's the old question on who do we bring in to replace him but in all honesty I don't care, Dougie is a younger version of Megson but without the ginger hair.

17Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What are we actually playing for though. What is "success" for a club like us in this new climate. 

Forget the big sam days, football has changed exponentially since even then. 

thats the point I've got to now with football.

18Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:What would you do Scott?

I'd seriously think about getting rid , bring in JP just to see us playing better football, the football is as dire as I've witnessed at the moment.

I went to the Charlton game and the Reebok was like a library , the football was utter garbage.

I think Freedman is stubborn and won't change the system , so I'd change him , also we lack passion, if the players had passion and fight the fans would back them, they'd get right behind them.

I hope Freedman can get it right though , but the signs aren't there...

19Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:34

I would rather be in the top six of the Championship (or League One or Two for that matter) watching a team that looks like they're committed, know what the plan is and are trying to play decent football than be stuck in the bottom six of the Prem, watching eleven terrified players defend just outside our own box, too scared to try anything in case they concede a goal and we lose.

Modern football is shit because there's too much money about and everybody involved is too shit scared of losing their slice of the pie.

Add to this Sky's endless over-hyping of the Prem and you start to see the paying public falling for their great big self-serving con trick, ie "We've got to be in the Prem because everything else is shit!"

It's all bollocks and it's how foreign chancers with dubious backgrounds like Tan, Shinawatra, Allam at Hull, The Venkeys and (whisper it quietly) Abramovich are allowed to waltz in and start fucking up everything we love about English football.

20Back him, or sack him. Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:38

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sack the Clown, yet another example of Darkside trying to be clever and its backfired, and he hasn't even got the balls to admit a disaster again, he would sooner see the club relegated, the football is that dreary I'd rather take up knitting lessons than have to endure this shite, and Freedman thinks we are fantastic, nothing will change until he goes, stick with this idiot and enjoy what's been served up this season for the foreseeable, i'm in despair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum