Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back him, or sack him.

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
xmiles
Tigermin
karlypants
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
terenceanne
Norpig
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Back him or get rid.

Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% [ 23 ]
Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% [ 24 ]
Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The squad is better equipped for a promotion push now than when he came in. The team, under his management, is not.

Teams are still getting through the defence like a knife through butter, despite the cautious and mind-numbingly dull approach. 

My biggest worry with Dougie though is player morale. Ngog's been criticised for his finishing (justifiably) and his confidence has suffered. He scored his first goal of the season at Bournemouth and hasn't started a game since. There aren't many managers that would make some of the calls he makes, for the reason that it doesn't create the mentality you want in a dressing room.

32Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Well the poll looks pretty much 50/50.

It would have been 10/90 before we beat Barnsley 0-1.

33Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:35

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

xmiles wrote:I voted to back him at least until the end of the season.

Main reason: I honestly see no prospect of us attracting a better manager. Seriously those who advocate sacking him should at least try to suggest a possible believable replacement.

And as for "entertainment" - how many matches in the past were really entertaining? It looks too much like nostalgia rather than truth to me. I can remember all too many boring matches and I don't remember being exactly entertained when we got beat even if we had played well. For example many years ago I watched us play at Millwall. We were top of the old Division 2 and they were bottom at the time. We totally dominated the game and yet lost 1-0. They only mounted one attack in 90 minutes and they scored. Was I happy? No. Was I entertained? No.

What a load off bollocks, only Gartside could find a worse manager than this tosser!!!!!

34Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:36

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The problem is Garty will be choosing.

35Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside, would pick another done nothing manager, we need a strong character that knows what he's doing.

36Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:32

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll back him until the end of the season, but if we don't improve big time during the remainder of the season, I would get shut at the end. We won't be going down this season, so I will remain patient for now.

37Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

NickFazer wrote:The problem is Garty will be choosing.

Exactly!

So bryan458 who do you think we would get as a replacement? And don't forget it will be Gartside doing the choosing!  Rolling Eyes 

38Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A back him vote from me.

He still is dealing with an unbalanced side and useless players on long contracts and big wages that Owen left us with - Mears, Andrews, Sordell, Knight, Ngog, Mills, Pratley - which limits what he can do with the players he has at his disposal and the money he has to bring in new ones - and I think he's done ok with nost of the players he's managed to bring in (mostly loans) so far.

It would be stupid to bring in a new manager now anyway - just as the transfer window opens - as unless they were promoted from within the club, the new manager would have no inside knowledge of where we needed strengthening the most with the crumbs of a transfer kitty they will probably get.

I'd give him at least until this time next year by which time some of the big wages would have gone and a few new faces should have been brought in - and finally we should be able to see more clearly what Freedman is about, free of most of the shite Coyle as burried us under.

I think Freedman is our best manager since Allardyce - but to be honest that isn't really such a hard thing to achieve is it really?!

39Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A few good points there Sluffy, as you say he is obviously trying to shift the shit out that OC left us with and with the wages they are on it's a tricky situation.

To be fair he seems to have an eye for a player at this level with some of the loanees he has brought in so far, so maybe given time once the likes of Ngog and Wheats have been moved on he could make a move for slightly better players in the market.

Time will tell I suppose.

40Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 00:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We will finish top two next season. With Freedman. Watch this space.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

41Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 00:09

Utter bollocks.

Top Two.....?

Top two what? 

"Teams That Finish Above The Bottom Three"....?

Fucking deluded nonsense. Freedman's another one-dimensional failure and we're going backwards.

42Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 08:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

To be fair he seems to have an eye for a player at this level

Proof? All I've seen is below average players putting in shit performances. Danns is the only half decent signing and he was only on loan.

Tierney - shit
Baptiste - shit
Medo - shit
Moritz - shit

43Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 08:51

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
NickFazer wrote:The problem is Garty will be choosing.

Exactly!

So bryan458 who do you think we would get as a replacement? And don't forget it will be Gartside doing the choosing!  Rolling Eyes 

Another puppet, give Sooty a shot.

44Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 10:02

Natasha Whittam wrote:Tierney - shit
Baptiste - shit
Medo - shit
Moritz - shit

lol!

45Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 10:25

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sack Him, we are going backwards.

46Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 10:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's interesting that all the 19 footballing geniuses that want to sack Dougie have only come up with one name between them as a possible replacement - Phil Brown. So that's the only alternative?

47Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:It's interesting that all the 19 footballing geniuses that want to sack Dougie have only come up with one name between them as a possible replacement - Phil Brown. So that's the only alternative?

You absolute bellend xmiles, there is only one footballing genius on this site - and that is me as you well know.

Karl Robinson
Garry Flitcroft
Dean Smith
Chris Wilder
Di Canio

There are five candidates for you - the first four have little experience of failure and Di Canio still has a lot to offer at this level.

48Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 11:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I doubt that we could afford to sack Dougie and all of his staff and then possibly go out and pay compensation to another club for their manager.

49Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I doubt that we could afford to sack Dougie and all of his staff and then possibly go out and pay compensation to another club for their manager.

Di Canio it is then.

50Back him, or sack him. - Page 3 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 11:39

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I doubt that we could afford to sack Dougie and all of his staff and then possibly go out and pay compensation to another club for their manager.

Di Canio it is then.
Holloway?
McLeish?
Mike Phelan?
Glenn Hoddle?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum