Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back him, or sack him.

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
xmiles
Tigermin
karlypants
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
terenceanne
Norpig
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Back him or get rid.

Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Vote_lcap48%Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Vote_rcap 48% [ 23 ]
Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Vote_rcap 50% [ 24 ]
Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 13:58

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

NickFazer wrote:How long is Dougies contract, am I mistaken in thinking it runs until the summer?

It doesn't matter, Coyle's reward for relegating the club was a new contract from Gartside, the fucking moron will just do something else as stupid!!!!!

62Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 14:26

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Holloway?
McLeish?
Mike Phelan?
Glenn Hoddle?

If you mention McLeish again it will be the last thing you ever type.

Holloway, Phelan & Hoddle are out of our league.
I like Alex McLeish, he reminds me of my favourite TV childrens character "Chucky"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

63Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 17:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:It's interesting that all the 19 footballing geniuses that want to sack Dougie have only come up with one name between them as a possible replacement - Phil Brown. So that's the only alternative?

Nobody ever gives names because there's not one that somebody couldn't dispute.

Most people would have had nightmares over the idea of Steve McClaren a few months ago, yet he's gone to Derby where he is turning their season round.

Nobody imagined Pardew being a success at Newcastle, but for the best part, they've been a big force under him.

Brendan Rodgers' career seemed to be going nowhere before he pitched up at Swansea. Four years on and look where he is and what he has achieved in that space of time.

Sometimes you have to accept that there's no glowing candidate, but that one of the many underwhelming options might just work some magic.

For the record, I feel indifferent about where we go from here with regards to the manager, because I'd say that both options pose equal risk.

64Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 18:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good point doffcocker.

Although I still think it's too early to sack Dougie and remain unconvinced that many fans really want to see "entertaining" football rather than winning football.

65Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 18:46

Are you suggesting that we're seeing "winning football" now, miles?

A record of "Played 22 Won 6" would tend to indicate otherwise in my book.

66Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 18:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So, the majority want to see a new manager then, someone have a word with Phil and tell him the nuts have reached a decision .

67Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 18:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:so the majority want to see a new manager then, someone have a word with Phil.

Yes but the majority don't want Phil to pick one.

68Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 18:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:so the majority want to see a new manager then, someone have a word with Phil.

Yes but the majority don't want Phil to pick one.

you're asking too much now doffcocker.

69Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 23:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:Are you suggesting that we're seeing "winning football" now, miles?

A record of "Played 22 Won 6" would tend to indicate otherwise in my book.

Not at all. What I am saying is that I would rather see winning football even if it is not entertaining. I don't enjoy seeing Bolton beaten no matter how "entertaining" the football was.

70Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sat Dec 28 2013, 23:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I feel like the topic title was missing the word crack.

Should we back, crack, sack Dougie?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

71Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sun Dec 29 2013, 00:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Right!, Who's up for giving him a wax?  Shocked  :biggrin: 

72Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sun Dec 29 2013, 00:49

Right......

You wanna have bum sex (as per your earlier comment on another thread which caused me to back out slowly) and you'd quite like to wax Dougie's back and bum region.......

I'm all for being Libertarian, but you seem a bit....emphatic there, Karly.

Is there anything you want to talk about.......in a safe environment........with a representative present?

73Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sun Dec 29 2013, 05:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:I feel like the topic title was missing the word crack.

Should we back, crack, sack Dougie?

I hope nobody takes this topic down the "True Scotsman" route.

74Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Sun Dec 29 2013, 08:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Not at all. What I am saying is that I would rather see winning football even if it is not entertaining. I don't enjoy seeing Bolton beaten no matter how "entertaining" the football was.

What a weirdo. You pay good money to watch BWFC but don't care if a game is a load of shite as long as we win?

So why bother going? Surely you would get the same satisfaction from hearing Bolton won at 5pm sat in your armchair reading the latest Sage magazine?

75Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Back him till summer. Then reassess. That's my position and has been all along.

76Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Freedman and his backroom staff have been on here, i'm not having 22 have voted to back him.

77Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I think Freedman and his backroom staff have been on here, i'm not having 22 have voted to back him.
21 plus me scott. Like I said, till the summer. I think most of the 'back him' group feel the same, we don't think he's the messiah or anything, just that to change now would be an unwarrantable use of money paying him off and maybe paying compo for someone else with no guarantee of anything better coming in and the new man has no time to assess any targets for the window. I don't think we'll actually do any business there anyway but at least DF has had a chance to look and maybe plan what approaches he wants made. I don't personally know if he'll come good in the 2nd half of the season, frankly I kind of doubt it BUT right now I'd say keeping him is the lesser of two poor choice evils

78Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Mon Dec 30 2013, 18:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I think Freedman and his backroom staff have been on here, i'm not having 22 have voted to back him.
21 plus me scott. Like I said, till the summer. I think most of the 'back him' group feel the same, we don't think he's the messiah or anything, just that to change now would be an unwarrantable use of money paying him off and maybe paying compo for someone else with no guarantee of anything better coming in and the new man has no time to assess any targets for the window. I don't think we'll actually do any business there anyway but at least DF has had a chance to look and maybe plan what approaches he wants made. I don't personally know if he'll come good in the 2nd half of the season, frankly I kind of doubt it BUT right now I'd say keeping him is the lesser of two poor choice evils

Spot on. It makes no sense, financially or otherwise, to sack DF now. It's obvious that promotion is unlikely to become a reality this season so I expect DF to blood some of the youngsters like Connor Wilkinson and Jan Gregus.

Once we know we are safe from the drop then we should be looking at setting our stall for next season.

79Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Wed Jan 01 2014, 16:50

No doubt he will blame individual errors again for this latest capitulation at home, but enough's enough now.

If I got the curly finger off my boss about my team's performance at work and I stood there and said "Yeah, I know it's poor but the lads just keep making silly individual errors", he'd say to me, "Well, you're getting paid to make them perform, so sort it or fuck off!"

How is Freedman any different?

Edited at 16:52 because we scabbed an equaliser in injury time, but my point stands.

Last edited by Breadman on Wed Jan 01 2014, 16:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : We scored.)

80Back him, or sack him. - Page 4 Empty Re: Back him, or sack him. Wed Jan 01 2014, 17:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We scored 2 good goals, but missed a hatful of chances - after we gave Boro a 2 goal start. Sometimes I wonder if the players only wake up once we're trailing.
I guess it's a good sign that we can create chances but poor defending will do for us every time.

Interesting to see Hayden White on the bench today - could be a sign that Dougie is thinking about promoting him. If so, I wonder if he's thinking of going for pace at left back too which in turn may indicate a new system with a greater emphasis on attacking wing backs.

Appreciate that would be a radical move for Dougie, but I guess you can only play the system if you have the players to do it so we'll see what January brings and hopefully Dougie will find the right balance.

If only we still had Alonso - he'd be perfect for the role.

Happy to back Dougie for now, if only to see if he can create a truly competitive team out of this mess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum