Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oliver Holt - Hilariously awful article.

+5
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
xmiles
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not only (IMO) is he talking utter shit, what struck me more was his inability to actually write coherently and structure a sentence or a paragraph properly.

he has two word paragraphs on occasion, it reads like a "what did you do in the summer" primary school report.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Oliver-Holt-column-Why-the-sick-wolves-are-already-howling-for-Terry-Connor-s-blood-article880814.html

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wow, I'm actually shocked that this guy thinks Connor is getting abuse because he is black.

It's as though losing the last three games 5-0, 2-0 and 5-0 have nothing to do with it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The article is crap. It's just ridiculous posturing to suggest Connor's skin colour is the reason that he gets this type of comment. Kean got exactly the same type of comment when he took over at Blackburn.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the Daily Mirror.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's no good blaming Connor. Wolves were shite when McCarthy was running the place. It was a pointless sacking IMO, seeing as they didn't have a suitable replacement ready to move in.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Wolves fans are rightly miffed that their club sacked mick, who is a total twat, but at least has top flight experience and replaced him with a no body.

It's nothing to do with his race.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are not many black managers knocking about but it's impossible to say how many black ex-players actually want to take up football management.

Paul Ince had a bad time at Blackburn having been relatively successful at Macclesfield. Viv Anderson was assistant to Bryan Robson at Boro and Keith Hill was well respected at Macclesfield.

John Barnes was a failure at Celtic and Tranmere but other than that I can't think of many others.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Paul Ince was at MK Dons. His son is a pretty good little player for Blackpool - which of course has nothing to do with the topic.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"John Barnes was a failure at Celtic and Tranmere but other than that I can't think of many others."

Phil Brown has done alright.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ruud Gullit is probably the most high profile black manager we've had in English football.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find the article sickening and I'm not even a Wolves fan.

It's about time they started shooting journalists like this.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It would be plain strange if the number of black managers were proportionate to the number of black people in the country. Or number of black ex-players.

It just does not happen - it doesn't mean it's anything to do with colour.

Just like it would be weird if I flipped a coin 100 times and I got exactly 50 heads and 50 tails. It just doesn't always work like that.

Tell you what. If TC had won the last 3 games 5-0, 5-1, 2-0 he would be getting nothing but praise. Would that be because he is black?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a look at Charlton.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:"John Barnes was a failure at Celtic and Tranmere but other than that I can't think of many others."

Phil Brown has done alright.

We are talking about black managers, not orange ones.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum