Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough

+18
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
rammywhite
Whitesince63
gloswhite
scottjames30
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wessy
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Jack Russell
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 02:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next up for Bolton is Middlesbrough, who are currently sitting in 15th position, 3 points above us.

When the teams last faced each other Bolton lost 1-0 courtesy of a Leadbitter penalty in the 82nd minute.  Beckford also missed a penalty.

Bolton do have a good history of playing against Middlesbrough, stats as follows:

Bolton: 50 (44.25%)
Middlesbrough: 36 (31.86%)
Draws: 27 (23.89%)

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Sun Jan 05 2014, 12:57; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 08:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

4-2-3-1.

Lonergan

Baptiste
Ream
Knight
Mills

Medo
Spearing

Moritz
Eagles
Lee

Mason

Terrible first half. Eagles the only threat. 0-0 at half time. Carayol hits a cross, not blocked by Baptiste. Pratley on for Eagles to give Baptiste support. Boro score on the hour mark. Beckford on for Mason, five minutes left. Hall on for Moritz, two seconds left.

Final score 0-1.

3Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 10:15

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Would like to see Mavies and Moritz play together, beckford up front as I think that he would see plenty off the ball, must tighten up the defence after Sunday's shambles.

A Draw at best 2-2.

Neutral

4Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 10:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Jack, nice to see another new recruit! Agree about Mavies and Moritz playing together but it depends on whether Moritz is injured, he came off with a knock abgainst Leicester.

Also the chances of Dougie being that adventurous are slim to none

5Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 11:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jack Russell wrote:Would like to see Mavies and Moritz play together, beckford up front as I think that he would see plenty off the ball, must tighten up the defence after Sunday's shambles.

A Draw at best 2-2.

Neutral

I think most of the Wanderers faithful would like to see Moritz and Mark Davies both playing together. It would mean sacrificing Medo or Spearing but it would still be worth a try.

6Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 11:08

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

0-0 Bore draw, plenty Boos! that will be falling on deaf ears because of the financial situation Freedman is staying. Sad

7Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 12:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moritz and Mavies playing together? Two injury prone ponces, there's more chance of Dean Windass scoring the winner.

I want to see Beckford and Craig Davies upfront, Ream and Spearing in central midfield and Eagles and Lee on the wings. I want to keep it simple and win a fucking football match.

But it won't happen. It'll be one upfront, some ridiculous formation that no one understands, wingers told not to wing, and defenders who couldn't tackle Peter Crouch on hunger strike.

Wankers.

8Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 12:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I want to see Beckford and Craig Davies upfront, Ream and Spearing in central midfield and Eagles and Lee on the wings. I want to keep it simple and win a fucking football match.

We don't agree on much but i'd take that strike force and midfield every day of the bloody week compared to what we are seeing right now.

9Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 12:34

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jack Russell wrote:Would like to see Mavies and Moritz play together, beckford up front as I think that he would see plenty off the ball, must tighten up the defence after Sunday's shambles.

A Draw at best 2-2.

Neutral

I can see the appeal of playing both, BUT would that really help tighten up the defence? not in my book. Beckford in for Mason yes please.

Moritz is a given, he scores he creates, a play maker AND he's in form.

Mavies should be devastating in this league, he oozes class, BUT god he takes for ever to get going, goes missing on the majority of occasions. He was finally showing form pre injury, so we know he will get there eventually. The lad frustrates the hell out of me.

Here's the rub Mavies needs game time, if that happens then Moritz will probably be on the bench. So over to you Dougie.

10Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 13:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going to go for a draw.

1--1 my prediction.

11Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 13:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Sarginson on duty

Christopher Sarginson will take charge of Wanderers’ clash with Middlesbrough on New Year’s Day.

Based in Staffordshire, Sarginson last officiated a Bolton Wanderers game back in September 2012 when the Whites were defeated 3-1 by Hull City at the KC Stadium.

An experienced official with over eight years spent in the professional game, Sarginson has so far featured in 16 games this season across the Championship, League One and League Two, handing out 51 yellow and four red cards in the process.

Paul Kettlewell and Mark Jones will run the line, while Mark Heywood is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Tue Dec 31 2013, 13:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Middlesbrough

A fixture which has proven to be a fruitful one for Wanderers in recent years, matches with Middlesbrough have never been dull affairs.

With the Whites having emerged victorious in four of the last seven meetings between the two sides – the last of which came back in April of this year in a 2-1 win at the Reebok – Wednesday’s clash looks set to be a cracker.

A fixture which was on hiatus for three years following Boro’s relegation from the top flight back in 2009, last season’s games yielded a win apiece for both sides.

A team which have picked up a reputation for their unpredictability – after narrowly missing out on the play-offs in 2012, they proceeded to slump to a 16th place finish last term – Boro started out the current campaign in similar form, producing just three wins in the first four months.

Languishing in the lower reaches of the league table, their poor form ultimately cost manager Tony Mowbray his job in the Boro hotseat, with former Real Madrid assistant manager Aitor Karanka being installed in his place in time for Wanderers’ visit to the Riverside last month.

Grant Leadbitter’s late penalty kick ensured that the new boss would begin life on home soil with a 1-0 victory – a win which has arguably kick started Middlesbrough’s campaign with ten points collected since.

Heading to the Reebok on the back of three consecutive victories, Karanka’s side will be hoping to improve upon an away record which currently boasts just two wins on their travels against Millwall and Charlton.

The form of winger Albert Adomah has undoubtedly been crucial to Boro’s season so far, with the former Bristol City man having notched nine goals in 22 appearances following his summer move from the relegated Robins.

After notching in Middlesbrough’s 3-0 win over Reading on Sunday afternoon – his second in three games - the 26-year-old will hoping that his rich vein of form in front of goal continues on Wednesday.

With Wanderers keen to bounce back from the weekend’s 5-3 defeat to Leicester, the Whites will be aiming to halt Boro’s thee game unbeaten run and start the New Year with a bang.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 11:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this game going to get called off? It's floody pissing it down at Preston Docklands.

14Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 11:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems to be raining everywhere in the north west.

15Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 11:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this game going to get called off? It's floody pissing it down at Preston Docklands.
It's only a bit of rain you soft cow.

16Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 12:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
It's only a bit of rain you soft cow.

Shut it you bellend. I'm not arsed about the rain, I just don't want to make the 60 mile trip if it's going to get called off.

17Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 12:22

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

When was the last match cancelled , called off ? I cant remember ? I am more worried about Northern Rail cancelling the 1.54 to Parkway.Will still have time to get there by car but wont be able to have a pint which is very worrying as it will be the highlight of the afternoon as watching our shite for 90 mins definately wont be !!! COYWM

18Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 13:04

Wigan away because of the snow.....?

19Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 14:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC team to face Middlesbrough: Lonergan, Baptiste, Mills, Knight, Ream, Pratley, Spearing, M Davies, Eagles, Lee, Mason

subs: Lee-Barrett, White, Medo, Moritz, Beckford, Ngog, Vela

20Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 14:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford scores and has been dropped! Wtf?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum