Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zat Shite

+20
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
SKDArmy
Triumph
Culcheth_White
Whitesince63
CAMPO
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
wessy
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
White84
wanderlust
bryan458
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 09:52

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shame on the tossers that boooed Zat Knight, how childish fecking grow up or go to Old Trafford because we dont need/want you at the Reebok!!!   DISGUSTED!!!!!

32Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 10:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Triumph wrote:Shame on the tossers that boooed Zat Knight, how childish fecking grow up or go to Old Trafford because we dont need/want you at the Reebok!!!   DISGUSTED!!!!!

You're correct Triumph - the way the fans can help us get out of the mess we're in is to boo our own players. Really builds confidence Even the title of this thread is a disgrace. Zat Shite!!

33Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 10:39

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Triumph wrote:Shame on the tossers that boooed Zat Knight, how childish fecking grow up or go to Old Trafford because we dont need/want you at the Reebok!!!   DISGUSTED!!!!!

Sadly you're very wrong. Seeing as a good half of the crowd booed him I'm pretty sure we do need them as without them our financial state would be far worse

34Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 10:48

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

SKDArmy wrote:

Sadly you're very wrong. Seeing as a good half of the crowd booed him I'm pretty sure we do need them as without them our financial state would be far worse
So Booing us into division one will help our finances?

35Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 10:51

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

And a happy new year!!!!!

36Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 11:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I didn't boo Zat, I clapped him to try to be encouraging. However, I can't be certain that the booing was not helpful. For all I know the boo's made him buck up his ideas. Who knows?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

37Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 11:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I didn't boo Zat, I clapped him to try to be encouraging.

Ha ha ha , lets clap the team when they're playing shite.

38Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:02

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:

You're correct Triumph - the way the fans can help us get out of the mess we're in is to boo our own players. Really builds confidence Even the title of this thread is a disgrace. Zat Shite!!
Yea, it should have been "TWAT SHITE"

39Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the accounts clearly showed what a relatively insignificant contribution to overall income is made by the fans so don't get too carried away with the financial clout bit.

40Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't comment on his overall performance but when you make game altering mistakes on a regular basis there really can't be a place for you in the team, no matter how well you play either side of them. 

Knight has error prone for much of his career.

41Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 13:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This made me laugh though.

He needs a new sport to play, Rugby perhaps?  Very Happy 

42Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't boo him, mainly because I had a very tasty prawn sandwich in my mouth at the time.

However, this myth that booing someone makes them play worse is utter bollocks. If someone says you're shite at something it's human nature to try harder and prove them wrong - which is exactly what happened.

I honestly think the team would perform better if we booed them as soon as they came out of the tunnel. We've tried supporting them, where the fuck has that got us?

43Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:19

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I respect everyone's opinion, even the boo_ers, these people probably pay thousands of pounds every season and are perfectly entitled to express their displeasure, but I don't think you should be telling supporters to fuck off to Old Trafford, or calling them Tossers just because you don't approve!!!!!!!

44Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This made me laugh though.

He needs a new sport to play, Rugby perhaps?  Very Happy 

At least he cleared the first defender which is something Eagles fails to do at free kicks and corners.

45Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 16:02

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think triumphe is in love with Zat Embarassed

46Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 16:06

To be fair to Knight, Lonergan was at fault for the second goal.

He came charging out despite Knight pointing for him to stay back ready to receive the back-pass.

47Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 16:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I didn't boo him, mainly because I had a very tasty prawn sandwich in my mouth at the time.

However, this myth that booing someone makes them play worse is utter bollocks. If someone says you're shite at something it's human nature to try harder and prove them wrong - which is exactly what happened.

I honestly think the team would perform better if we booed them as soon as they came out of the tunnel. We've tried supporting them, where the fuck has that got us?

Natasha this is you at your best.
I don't agree wholeheartedly. I want the fans to be fair at all times. Sometimes that means supporting a player that's cocked up but is giving 100%. Sometimes it means giving stick to players that simply wouldn't otherwise give a shit.

You can't always rely on a manager to give players the kick up the arse they need. This idea that it's wrong for fans to put players under any pressure whatsoever is nonsense.

48Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 17:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I didn't boo him, mainly because I had a very tasty prawn sandwich in my mouth at the time.

Natasha this is you at your best.
I don't agree wholeheartedly. I want the fans to be fair at all times. Sometimes that means supporting a player that's cocked up but is giving 100%. Sometimes it means giving stick to players that simply wouldn't otherwise give a shit.

You can't always rely on a manager to give players the kick up the arse they need. This idea that it's wrong for fans to put players under any pressure whatsoever is nonsense.

I think the "fairness" bit is right - as opposed to just giving them stick from the off as Natasha is proposing. Fans know this instinctively which is why Knight got applauded when he finally got his game together.

Natasha is right in saying that Knight's game improved after he was booed, but where's the evidence to say that his improvement was a result of the booing? Well perhaps there is some...

If (as I recall) Knight was booed after the first goal it tends to support the idea that booing doesn't work - as he did it again. If on the other hand he was only booed after the second, it would tend to support the booing theory.

Not a very empirical test, as I'm pretty sure our Zat was well aware of his errors, but it's a straw to clutch at.

49Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 17:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat Shite?

I thought he was called, Zat Knightmere?

50Zat Shite - Page 3 Empty Re: Zat Shite Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
If (as I recall) Knight was booed after the first goal it tends to support the idea that booing doesn't work - as he did it again. If on the other hand he was only booed after the second, it would tend to support the booing theory.

It was after the second.

Going off on a tangent, I hate it when something like this happens and everybody goes "our fans are a disgrace, gotta be the worst out there."

Do people seriously think this kinda thing doesn't happen at Blackburn, Boro, West Brom, Wolves, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bury, you name it...?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum